Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:39 AM
Sims 3 Legacy Plans?
Does anybody here have any plans to start Legacy families or similar like things in the sims 3? If so, what type of families and have you started getting the blogs and such ready to begin? I know that it'll be even more of a challenge as you're learning the game TO raise such a family but probably well worth it as well.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:42 AM
I think I may I never did for TS2. I think I'll try something different for TS3!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:42 AM
I'll just end up making a guy and a girl and have them move into a house and have a family that I will play for generations. I don't use the legacy rules though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:48 AM
Hee, I think starting a new challenge called the 'Married with Kids' or something challenge for things like that would be fun.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:52 AM
I'm not really sure HOW I'll play a Legacy Challenge game, but it does sound like fun. I think I want to start off with a single Sim... probably a female, and go from there
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:01 AM
Did you not read read Cleo's challenge. To play the new TS3 and not f it all up!
Instructor
#7 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sidheed
Did you not read read Cleo's challenge. To play the new TS3 and not f it all up!

Hooray! I created the first challenge!

(I made history!)
Instructor
#8 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:12 AM
Yay. **dances round with cleo to Nu Wave music**
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:51 AM
I plan on playing my first legacy in the Sims 3. Previously, I could never choose between siblings, I would always hop from one to another, if only to age them. Now that everyone ages along with your family, I won't have to bother doing that anymore. Besides, the no cheats rules will be easy to follow since, well, there is no mod, ha. (for now, at least).
I'm not sure though how the random personality/aspiration thing will be handled. Like, we throw that big dice and the figure shows you the rank of your first trait in alphabetical order, and then again starting from the previous one? That wouldn't be great since if it were really random, you could statistically get only traits from the end of the list. Now that's something we have to think about.

Still, I think I'll stick to Cleo's challenge for a while.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:27 PM
All Sims 3 games are legacy games by default. That is what EAxis has decided for us.
Instructor
#11 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 1:49 PM
I am getting very excited at the legacy possibilities.

I am not sure how to randomise the characteristics. Depends on how many there are and if they would fit together....... that is the big thing. But having said that it could make for an interesting quirky Sim. I am sure there will be a way to do it.

Anyone know if the order you pick traits in affects anything?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:22 PM
I already have my blog set up for it. The link is in my signature. I'm planning to create picture and video legacies once I get used to the new camera.

♥ :) LJ
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:25 PM
The order of traits doesn't seem to affect anything currently from what I've noticed. They're basically just 'checks' that apply to interactions. Is your sim evil? "check", then (s)he might try to scare the person. Is your sim a neatfreak? "check", then your sim wont use the toilet as long as it's dirty.

There are only a few traits that directly influence a sims behaviour. One of these is kleptomaniac.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:00 PM
I must've missed that challenge *peers* The 'don't f up' challenge, it has a ring to it though!
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:39 PM
Im gonna make a guy + girl. nooot married. make them married to see what weddings are like xD

THEN. pregnancy. o: ;D
Instructor
#16 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:48 PM
Yay Pyba

One Idea I had is to see if there will be horrid little messages that flash up on your screen if you have a family that you kill every member of, just like TS2.

Anyone know if this still happens?

Bring on the dead meat family....
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:53 PM
xDDDD

I also wonder if there's going to be a grim reaper like TS2. :D
Instructor
#18 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:22 PM
Oh,,,,,,,,, no... there must be a good ol'grimmy reaper, just someone to say hello too after having murdered that horrid and ugly nanny.

Hmmm I wonder what happens with these services.......now
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:00 PM
There is a grim reaper, and the babysitter is a teenager.
Instructor
#20 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:38 PM
Is there any way in heck for grimpregnation? And if there is, are they still either beautiful or butt-ugly, never in the middle?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PhantasyGurl
I think I may I never did for TS2. I think I'll try something different for TS3!

Same here. I may not follow all the rules though (there's too many to remember anyways!) except for the cheats and the ones that are easier.

What do people mean by choosing an "heir"?

I fall up stairs.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcadus
There is a grim reaper, and the babysitter is a teenager.

YUS : D
Instructor
#23 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:40 PM
Well the heir is the person who will take over the family home and who will produce the next generation.
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:03 AM
Aha! A legacy post. I had posted about legacy families earlier not seeing this one.

I usually like to start my legacy family with a butt ugly sim and only marry the best looking NPCs to see how long it takes to get the ugly out.

I've started a legacy family that is in its fourth generation. The founder and patriarch was leader of the free world and the family was on easy street from there. He died at a ripe old age but his wife has continued to live on, now past 101 years old. She has made the family even more rich and either fully owns or partly owns the whole town. But she's an incurable kleptomaniac. She's filled the mansion's yard with many huge stolen statues.

The whole family is waiting for her to die so they can inherit her deeds and have another baby. She's a feisty old mare.
Instructor
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:07 AM
Hmm I have nevre done the butt ugly to best looking,

I always try to chose an heir based on which sims looks the most like the founder.... I even take screen shots of the founder in CAS as both a male and a female... just to cover all bases. But usually my heirs are female. I prefer playing them. The clothing options for the males are usually so limited.
Page 1 of 2