Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Super Speedy Skill Books Now Updated! SN/1.39 Compatible!!!

by vahi_master Posted 7th Jun 2009 at 9:41 PM - Updated 5th Oct 2012 at 4:26 PM by vahi_master : Updated for SN

674 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 489 Feedback Posts, 184 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 27
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 9:46 PM Last edited by saxyTARDIS : 7th Jun 2009 at 9:47 PM. Reason: Bragging rights
Hallelujah! It took me several sim hours just to gain ONE skill point. (At least, seemed like that to me... *shifty eyes.*) Stupid game. >.<
First post. Oh yeah. Been a while since I did that...

With a name like Saxy, you know it's unique.

Don't know what a TARDIS is? Click Here to find out!!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:28 PM
perfect! Just what I needed.

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:56 PM
thank you bunches! you knew i was scouring the net looking for this!!

Stewie (after tripping Peter): Ha ha ha, oh my God! I almost didn't do it, I almost didn't do it! I thought, is this in bad taste? But you know what, I went for it. I went for it and I'm so glad I did! Ooooh, worth it, totally worth it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:36 PM
Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU hee hee
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:54 PM
now, is there any possible way to do this with just 'practicing' anything?
like when you play guitar, your level goes BOOP BOOP BOOP all the way up?
and with writing too? i can't seem to find, nor do i think there is, any book for learning those things in the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maskelyne
now, is there any possible way to do this with just 'practicing' anything?
like when you play guitar, your level goes BOOP BOOP BOOP all the way up?
and with writing too? i can't seem to find, nor do i think there is, any book for learning those things in the game.

Yes, I just have to find the right values to change for them, but since they are not books, I will be releasing them in a separate mod when I find them.
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:09 AM
Hallelujah!! Thank you so much! :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:13 AM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:18 AM
Thank U So Very Much
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:02 AM
Thankyou very much needed it takes so long to get your sims skills up great work thankyou again
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:23 AM
I LOVE YOU! Marry me?
If I can't have a decent speed, at least they can get more done in their slow-motion!

Sheesh!
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:34 AM
Thanks very much!!

~Shadogate

Falcon PAWNCH!!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:07 AM
Awesome!
This is really awesome! Thank you immensely for this! It takes so long to learn a skill! Fantastic job!!! Thank You bunches!!!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:12 AM
This mod is much needed. Thank you.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:31 AM
Thank you! I can't get over how long things take. ^^; This will help a lot.
Banned
#17 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:50 AM
where do you place this? your game mods folder or your downloads folder?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:06 AM
Thank You! These are just the kind of hacks we need to make TS3 feel more like TS2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
where do you place this? your game mods folder or your downloads folder?

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

as stated in the install instructions, and the readme
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:10 AM
woo freaking hoo i was getting so bored with hours and hours of waiting for skill levels to go up grrr yay going to try this now lol ty so much u people are so clever and quick hahaha great job
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:30 AM
I was thinking they took way too long to learn! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:00 AM
This is great... I dont think it fair making a full on family where they dont have enough skills to support themselves
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:21 AM
thanks for the mod. Works very well on mine however i found it a bit TOO fast. It makes the game a bit boring now like using a cheat. Is it possible to make a version which can speed up a bit like maybe 50x for all levels? It's so fast that my sim gains all the cooking skill in only 1 sim day. Anyway thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catteys
thanks for the mod. Works very well on mine however i found it a bit TOO fast. It makes the game a bit boring now like using a cheat. Is it possible to make a version which can speed up a bit like maybe 50x for all levels? It's so fast that my sim gains all the cooking skill in only 1 sim day. Anyway thanks!

yes, I could make a 50X version quite easily, I'm headed to bed now, but tomorrow (or the day after at the latest) I'll have a 50X edition of V3 and V4 up for those interested
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:00 AM
This is just what I was waiting for, everytime you pop a new one up I get rid and pop the new one in, thanks so much for this.
Page 1 of 27