Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 Bioshock T-Shirts for Young Adult/Adult Males

by iFidget Posted 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:04 PM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:04 PM
Great work, thanks very much.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:12 PM
Oh these are WONDERFUL! Please make more ;-)
Theorist
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 6:11 PM
Great job! My only suggestion is that you should make the writing on the t-shirts be in Simlish if you're planning to make more like these. It really keeps up the atmosphere of the game that way.

SimMale made some Simlish fonts here:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,23889.0.html

If you don't prefer that style there's another kind here:
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312270
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:58 PM
B-B-Bioshock t-shirts? . . . I love you. *weeps* Perhaps you can makes some for females?
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 9:00 PM
Just yesterday my friend Twittered that I needed that first shirt. Now at least my Simmies have it. xD
Inventor
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:18 PM
They look good, much better than the one's I was making as my alpha didn't turn out as good as hoped. Thanks.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:56 AM
yes! thanks so much!

mi cuerpo es mio. no se toca, no se viola, no se daña, no se mata!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 1:20 AM
Wait you did this with the pattern maker? I see the decal button, but am clueless how to make a stencil with it. Will you make a tutorial?

Very awesome, btw. I plan to make some custom shirts (all in Simlish) for my sim band I'm making.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Great job! My only suggestion is that you should make the writing on the t-shirts be in Simlish if you're planning to make more like these. It really keeps up the atmosphere of the game that way.

SimMale made some Simlish fonts here:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,23889.0.html

If you don't prefer that style there's another kind here:
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312270

Oh those are awesome thanks! I'm actually about to start on another project and these would really come in handy. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote: Originally posted by The Victorious Ashtree
B-B-Bioshock t-shirts? . . . I love you. *weeps* Perhaps you can makes some for females?

Currently theres a small bug in the CTU program which stops the main female tee from being exported properly, but theres an update looming so I'll get on it when it arrives!

Quote: Originally posted by roxxy
They look good, much better than the one's I was making as my alpha didn't turn out as good as hoped. Thanks.

The Alpha layer is a bit of a headache, especially because its not linked in with the other layers. This is how I'm doing it for this type of CTU decal pattern:

1. Cut around picture (perfectly, best done with images like this where you can completely remove the background)
2. paste it and position it where i want on the main .dds file RGB channel but DONT merge the layer yet
3. duplicate that image (right click, duplicate in photoshop)
4. On the duplicated image first make the background black (i just hit control + u to get the hue and saturation bar up and drag the lightness down to the bottom so its all black)
5. On the duplicated image still right click the decal layer, go to blending options and do color fill (to white)
6. Merge this. Now you have a perfectly positioned and selected alpha layer in this duplicated image, so just copy and paste it onto the alpha layer of your picture

and your done! hope that made sense! If not just feel free to PM me with questions

Quote: Originally posted by Gillianivy
Wait you did this with the pattern maker? I see the decal button, but am clueless how to make a stencil with it. Will you make a tutorial?

This was done with the CTU, which is a beta program located here. It works a bit more like the old sims CAS. I'm thinking of making a full tute with pics, but I might wait till a later beta release of the program
Instructor
#11 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:31 AM
Thanks for these!
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:30 AM
this is pure win! I LURV U!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iFidget
This was done with the CTU, which is a beta program located here. It works a bit more like the old sims CAS. I'm thinking of making a full tute with pics, but I might wait till a later beta release of the program

Thank yous muchlies for the link! I will try to utilize this for my needs. Eager for the final version where mod noobs like me won't be ripping out their hair by the roots...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:16 AM
These are awesome - thank you!

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:39 AM
Download if you like before someone comes in arguing about legal rights and copyrights issues.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:44 PM
iFidget! Nice shirts ^__^

I'm waiting for someone to start pullign off skate-styles and surf style logos liek element and quiksilver... I think those would be cool in simlish!

Also, can i get your avatar picture as a backround!? It rules xD!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rodier1128

Also, can i get your avatar picture as a backround!? It rules xD!!!

Aw glad you like it! Lucky for you i actually cropped it out of a wallpaper I made I've pm'ed it to you but i'll include it in here as well in case anyone wants it. The only rule is don't claim it as your own and perhaps give me a shout (and PM) if you want to share it anywhere!) http://imgur.com/Fc95y.jpg (caution, massiveness)
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:42 AM
Absolutely love the shirts! keep up the excellent work! i really would like to beginning modding and meshing as well but it seems to be no video instructions on what programs to use and further how to use them... maybe i looking in the wrong place??

also look up Bioshock in the SIMS 3 exchange ive created Andrew Ryan and a Little sister for downloading. enjoy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by THE_BAILEYS
Absolutely love the shirts! keep up the excellent work! i really would like to beginning modding and meshing as well but it seems to be no video instructions on what programs to use and further how to use them... maybe i looking in the wrong place??

also look up Bioshock in the SIMS 3 exchange ive created Andrew Ryan and a Little sister for downloading. enjoy

oh your Ryan and little sister are awesome!

As for the program to use check out this thread
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:22 PM
This really looks nice in-game, thank you. :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:13 PM
I came across someone's sim wearing a Bioshock t-shirt and I literally gasped.
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Victorious Ashtree

Agreed. I would love to see these for my girl sims. :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:09 AM
Omg these are wonderful!

You should deff make them for female sims. :P
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:16 AM
<33333333333333 Thank you!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 12:54 AM
Wow, I literally peed my pants with joy when I saw these. Thank you!!
Page 1 of 2