Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ghost Haunt Action Unlocked

by Rothchild Posted 20th Jun 2009 at 10:07 PM

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 10:51 PM
THANKS!! But can you just cancel the Queue and they stop or do they stop at a certain time?
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:44 PM
Now I need to get some playable ghosts to muck with... though for those who do play ghosts, this is bound to be a very very welcome addition. Though looking at the screenshot the haunt command seems to be a full file string, is it shortened to just 'Haunt' now or is it that pathing mess? Irregardless, this is definitely a good addition to the modding scene and those who like to play the stranger side of sims.
Banned
#4 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 1:25 AM
playable ghosts??? i didn't know there was such a thing. but now i know!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:35 AM
how do i make a ghost? :[
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:43 AM
You will have to find a ghost and get pregnant with it. That will give you a ghost baby :-)
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 8:40 AM
THX U ROCK! been watching out for how to make items float or "haunt" items 5'th comment! yay!

and to get playable ghost

1. get science level 7 or over

2. they give u an special opportunity

3. put a Gravestone/Urn in your inventory

4. go to the science lab and wait, then u have a playable ghost!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to make Ambrosia (food that revives ghost to REAL life)

Requirements:high gardening skills(or the mod that makes life fruit and flame fruit purchaseable)cooking skill 10 (to read Ambrosia cook book)1 angelfish and some good time

1. after midnight go to the graveyard exactly when it turns to 00.00 the death fish appear, choose angelfish as bait, when you got death fish go to store and buy life fruit(if u got the mod) or else u need to find a seed and plant it

2. Read the Ambrosia recipe book it cost like 7200 simoleons

3. cook the Ambrosia

4. Eat it

ur ghost will start floating and ur sim will return to real life

READ!: Ambrosia cant be stored in food replicator!
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:22 AM
Here are some things you can do if you have Pescado's awesomemod with the "EnableDebugInteractions" feature turned on:

CTRL+SHIFT click on a tomb/urn and select "DEBUG: Create Playable Ghost" to get an instant ghost.
CTRL+SHIFT click on almost any object while a ghost is selected and select "DEBUG: Haunt" to haunt an object of your choice.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:48 AM
Thanks fiberglassdolphin for the info, and thanks Rothchild for the mod.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 11:45 AM
This is how I got my playable ghost. I had one of my sims build a relationship with a ghost (Queenie Landgraab) in the cemetary, eventually he had the option to pick up her grave marker when I clicked on it. A couple of sims days later he got the opportunity to take it to the science building. Once he did, she came out as a playable ghost. I don't know at what relationship level you get this option as theirs was very high by the time I acidentally discovered he could take the marker.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:33 PM
Anubis_Grim - You can cancel the action, or they'll stop on their own after a bit.

MalakaiV - Unfortunately, it's that pathing mess. It was never intended for players to see, so it doesn't have a proper name. Hopefully I'll eventually find a way to mod that.

All you need to get the ghost opportunity is a high relationship with a ghost, you don't even need their gravestone. I just played the guitar for tips in the graveyard at night and occasionally chatted up one of the ghosts and I got the opportunity.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 1:34 PM
Thanks for all of this! I love the ghosties :-)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:13 PM
awesome, thanks a lot ... now can you make the soundeffect of a playable ghost go away?
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:54 PM
HELP HELP!!!! this is kinda complicated... please someone explain to me how to play or control ghosts.... i can't get pregnant to one because i can't find any!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:49 PM
Really cool thing. I love it ;D
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:11 AM
It's great to see the Ghost Sims getting some love - any ideas on how to stop Ghosts aging? I smell a bug
Instructor
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReadReedRed
Um, quick question to... anyone. I had my ghost man have a baby with his human wife, and they're kid came ouyt looking human. Do they start looking like ghosts when they become kids, or did I just manage to get a human baby outta a ghost?

the first time i had my sims wife try for a baby with her dead husband i got a normal baby but the 2nd baby was a ghost baby

since ones a ghost an ones normal (human) i guess theres a 50/50 chance of either way

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:14 AM
Yeah 50/50

Random fact: Eating lots of watermelon or food with watermelon in will make your bady a girl. Apple or food with apple in will make your bady a boy.

(At least, it increases the chances highly)
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:07 PM
Do you think you could somehow take this mod to the next level and create "magic" for sims? =D
=P
Just an idea...
Field Researcher
#20 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosecross
HELP HELP!!!! this is kinda complicated... please someone explain to me how to play or control ghosts.... i can't get pregnant to one because i can't find any!!!

Firstly great mod thank you!
Secondly the best place to go look for ghosts is in the graveyard at night. there are generally several wandering around by about 11pm. There seems to be some fluctuation on this. One of the ghosts my sim was trying to raise her relationship with never showed til 2am. That was Kermit Landgraab. Anyway chat them up and eventually you will get the option to pick up the grave marker.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 12:06 AM
How do i know is the EnableDebugInteractions is on. I have awesomemod, and i really want a playable ghost (ive been waiting sim weeks for the phone call, but no luck even with a high relationship with two ghost on my lot). How can i turn it on?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chelle523
how do i make a ghost? :[

go kill your self or sim self
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:24 AM
Default does it work with...
Quote: Originally posted by Rothchild
Anubis_Grim - You can cancel the action, or they'll stop on their own after a bit.

MalakaiV - Unfortunately, it's that pathing mess. It was never intended for players to see, so it doesn't have a proper name. Hopefully I'll eventually find a way to mod that.

All you need to get the ghost opportunity is a high relationship with a ghost, you don't even need their gravestone. I just played the guitar for tips in the graveyard at night and occasionally chatted up one of the ghosts and I got the opportunity.

can I use WinZIP instead of WinRAR?
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wiccadwitch
Firstly great mod thank you!
Secondly the best place to go look for ghosts is in the graveyard at night. there are generally several wandering around by about 11pm. There seems to be some fluctuation on this. One of the ghosts my sim was trying to raise her relationship with never showed til 2am. That was Kermit Landgraab. Anyway chat them up and eventually you will get the option to pick up the grave marker.

It's true. Not only him but several ghosts wouldn't reapear before 2.00. Oh... and u can't try for baby with a female ghost... that was a problem. In the end I just killed the male sim of the home, built up the relationship, got pregnant, had a baby controlable ghost and revived the husband with ambrosia. Thanks a lot for the help!!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:43 PM
Sweet! :p
Page 1 of 2