Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Less Hygiene Decay From Garden Tasks Series - Showtime: 3-18-2012

by Chaavik Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 9:34 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2012 at 7:31 PM by Chaavik : Sims 3 OLS Information

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:15 AM
It's great!
Can you please make this mod compatible with this: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=351416? With the Gardening Modifiers.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:11 PM
I'll think about it. I might make another set to boost Fun. But first, have you used Indie Stone Compatibility Checker to see if my mod is compatible with that mod you posted in the link?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 7:31 PM Last edited by Lorea : 25th Jul 2009 at 7:45 PM.
Yes I have and it says incompatibility detected between these packages: Chaavik-LessHygieneFromWatering-Sims3.package + Chaavik-LessHygieneFromWeeding-Sims3.package and JJ_GardeningIsVeryFun.package.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:53 AM
Okay. I'll look into this this weekend. I already got another project in the works for Sims 3, so it will be a smidge of time before I get to this and make up an alternate version.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 3:27 AM
Thank you!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 1:01 AM
Thank-you...I also use JJ_GardeningIsVeryFun.package...
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:53 PM
I added a new mod to reduce the decay rate for Hygiene while the Sim fertilizes the plants in the garden.

Plus I created a set of new mods to include the Fun motive boost to all three gardening tasks - Weeding, Watering and Harvesting.

There is one special note about Fertilizing though. It does not increase or decrease the Fun motive because this particular interaction is different. Fertilize is an interaction to "instantly" fertilize the plants. There is no set of time to spend on fertilizing the plants.

Enjoy!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 3:45 AM
Thank you! Really!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 10:03 PM
Most excellent!!
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 5:29 PM
Hi Just to clarify and make absolutely sure--I was looking at the text instructions that came with the download--so is it correct that simply placing the download in the /Mods/Packages folder is not enough to make it work? You really MUST have Pescado's Framework installed so the mod will activate? Sorry to ask you a question about something stated so clearly in your readme file. I just wanted to make sure you hadn't changed anything about the download that the readme fails to reflect--since it's not covered in the overview.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 4:12 PM
Basically, you have to have Pescado's Framework installed in your main Sims 3 directory in order for the mods to work. Framework mainly forces Sims 3 to read the mods.

Most people find Delphy's TS3 Monkey Installer much easier to use because the program will install Framework for them without much guesswork.

Try that one out if you haven't already installed Pescado's Framework. It's available here on MTS3.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 1:46 AM
Just downloaded, but I have a dumb question. Would it be possible to add a body benefit in this, since I have found gardening in r/l to be both fun and exercise as well?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 6:08 PM Last edited by Chaavik : 22nd Aug 2009 at 8:23 AM.
Body benefit? Hmm.... I'll see what I can do. Ya know, that is a good idea to look into. Expect to check back within a few days.

*Edited*

I am working on a new package of mods to include body skilling only. The Sims in Sims 3 can only perform an activity to gain skill points in one skill and not more. The game is hard coded to prevent Sims from gaining points in more than one skill.

So, this time, it's a choice to choose either Gardening or Body (Athletic), not both.

*Edited*

I have been working on a possible mod to allow Sims to gain points in Athletic (Body), but I won't know if this will work or not for a few more days.

Figured you would like to be kept updated on the progress as this is a big piece of work to do.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 1:29 AM
Checking back in to update:

Seems like this will require at least a core mod to actually change a few values and scripts to allow Sims to build body points instead.

May or may not need a core mod, but it was looking like that while I was digging deeper into the coding for this particular series of interactions with the garden plants and trees.

Check back in some time. I also will keep updating my journal to track things easily.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 4:08 AM
Is this mod compatible with patch 1.6/1.7 and WA? Thank you
Forum Resident
#17 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:21 AM
don't work with WA. Please an update...
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 12:56 PM
I haven't updated yet. Should be getting the EP soon. Check back for further details.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 1:35 PM
I verified the mods for compatibility with World Adventures. They do not need any updating, but they will need to be installed in a different location for World Adventures in order for the mods to work with the game.

For XP users, if you already have the framework set up, you can install the mods in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages

As for Vista and Windows 7 players, I can only assume you will have to set up the framework for your World Adventures folder and put the mods there. I don't use either Vista or Windows 7 to be able to help with installation questions or issues. Search the Sims 3 forums for any help or info about where to install them for your OS.

However, Trif wrote up a nice thread to address this:

http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=3567

Extremely useful tutorial for those of you with installation questions for World Adventures. At least this is something I used for my own mods.

Happy Simming!
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 1:55 PM Last edited by za1susi : 16th Dec 2009 at 5:59 PM.
Thank you for checking and updating your mods. I´m glad to have them all back in my game. But there is a small problem with the less decay mods after the patch and installing WA.They are working, but now I only can see the pie menue, that is affected by this mods, in english. ( I´m playing the game in german). Removing the mods fixes the problem. Please can you have a look at it ?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 6:13 AM
They're tuning mods that had nothing to do with the interactions really. It sounded like you have something else interfering with the pie menu.

I am wondering exactly what you were doing and please describe exactly what pie menu you were talking about. A pie menu to plant things? A pie menu to harvest or what?
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:53 AM
I mean the pie menue for the garden tasks, exactly for watering, weeding, harvesting and fertilizing. I still can see the speaking to plants menue in german. It started after the 1.7.9 Patch and persists after installing WA.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 12:05 AM
Are you getting any interaction on the pie menu? I meant if you got any interaction to show up to perform a gardening task before your Sim learns Gardening?
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 2:16 PM Last edited by za1susi : 18th Dec 2009 at 11:26 PM.
Sorry that I´m not able to explain it better. I tried to take a screenshot but I failed.
But now I`ve learned to look at the xml-files with S3PE and found that they added a line - Codeversionname = Base Game.
Maybe thats the reason why it shows the wrong language string with your mod installed.
I tried the following- extracted the xml-files from the WAGameplayData package to a
new package, added your hygiene tweaks, put it in my mods
folder and started a test game.
That fixed the problem. All is now working and showing up like it
should.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 6:12 PM
Ah, so it is a different version of Sims 3 you're playing. Mine is US English. The pie menus probably differ between these two versions.

Glad it fixed your problem!
Page 1 of 3