Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Almost Novel Cullen House (based on the Twilight novel)

by GLachaille Posted 18th Jul 2009 at 11:21 PM

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 12:08 AM
Cute.. do you perhaps think you could make one similiar to the movie, as well?
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 12:38 AM
I already downloaded one based on the movie.. but I might just have to swap them out!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making something Twilight based on the BOOK! =)
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:38 AM
Nice job.

I was just about to attempt just this sort of adaptation, but now I don't have to.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 6:58 AM
Hey, cool house, regardless of the source material.

I haven't read the books yet, but I was thinking about it. Such a lovely home has me feeling kind of inspired to do so.

Thank you for sharing this! I'll have to find a worthy sim family to move in right away!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 4:05 PM
Beautiful! The one in the movie totally irked me...while the movie version is....interesting and different, it wasn't at all as I had imagined. This one is EXTREMELY close to it, so that's awesome! Thank you for sharing it!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:22 PM
Love that you did this... Great interpretation!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 12:26 AM
It's so close to what I imagined. Thank you. *downloads*
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:33 AM
Very Lovely

i love that you made a house based on the book :D

let me be the one to call you baby all the time
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:36 AM
Hey, phenomenal house. Truly, PHENOMENAL!

But, if this house is built to be by the waterfall lot and due to the lot size, it is, the design needs to be flipped. I have 3 walls of windows looking at a wall of rock instead of looking at rocks, a large pond and a waterfall. Not to mention the flower garden, statues, concrete seatings and fountains that could be built between the house and pond (by changing what the community lot looks like). What angler wouldn't want to be fishing there.

Really, could you flip the design with the garage on the left, the whole right side (kitchen, etc) is on the left side and the living area and bedrooms with the wall of windows is on the right side looking at the waterfall et al. Also, how about a maid's quarters (above the garage, by the kitchen and her herb garden) since a house this grand needs a smexy maid (with the traits of neat, natural cook, green thumb).

Maybe do a community lot expansion of the house with a flower garden, gazebo, outdoor grilling/cooking, etc

PLLEEAASSEE, I don't want to have to bulldoze such a phenomenal lot. And if the rumor is true that the next EP is vacationy, a swimmable water seems likely, the waterfall pool could be a swimming pool.
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 7:10 AM
It is a beautiful house, not how I pictured it or how its described... the south face wall is the wall with the windows and the kitchen and dinning room are supposed to be on the left plus you forgot the piano!! its soo important! There is a better description out there on lexicon... they actually had an interview with stephenie meyer were she discribes the house better and in more detail..

~*Venus*~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 3:02 PM
Quinonezbaby - Thanks for your reply. All that said, I did use the Twilight Lexicon to get my information - it says so under additional credits. Also, nowhere in S3 is there an arrow point North, so which direction is south is subjective. That said, I spent hours trying to map out floor plans for the Cullen house on grid paper, 25% of which end up in the trash out of frustration, 50% resulted in the front door being on the "south" wall and out of the remained only one was easily workable (this one) and the other version is sitting unfinished in my game out of frustration. I would be glad to post jpgs of the nonworking layouts to my website if you want to take a look and see if you can figure it out - I would gladly accept the help. I do have a second, alternate version half finished just waiting for interior walls if I could figure out how to make them work in a different configuration.

Unfortunately, I think the lexicon is deliberately vague on some critical details or referencing the directions inconsistently or in a way different than I do because every time I try and map it out (and I have 20 sheets of grid paper with different versions) exactly as they say, the front door is on the south wall or something just doesn't fit.

And just where am I supposed to get a piano? The closest I could get was the guitar.
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 2:11 PM
Thank you so much. I was looking on Google for plans of the Cullen's house and came across this. Since I prefer the book version to the movie I just had to download. As to that unfinished house, I was wonering if you might send or post pictures and/or plans so I could try to recreate it and finish it. As to Jaeger and to the other people who requested the modern house and/or changes to the existing house here: there are plenty of modern movie Cullen houses out there, just "Google it." As for the editions, they aren't much and you could do it yourself. The point of this site is this: to learn to do things yourself. I don't mean to be mean or rude, but there it is.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 7:42 PM
Sweeney204 - Glad you like the house. As for my "other version", I actually ended up going back and working on the house some. I ended up just ignoring conflicting information and keeping what is actually in the books (over interviews, etc) the most weighted for room locations, etc. I have two versions going, not sure which is my favorite right now - one is decorated in what I think of as "hybrid" style - the interior appearance of certain rooms is very influenced by the movies, while most others are more by the book. I really liked the decor of the living room in New Moon even though it pretty much contradicts the books. I am hoping to get pics of the updated houses (as well as an updated Swan House and Forks World) on my personal blog this weekend. You can find the link in my profile.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 6:21 PM
This is so much more what I imagined it to be like! Not all super-modern and shiny like the movie. The Cullen's are modern family who still like their old fashion stuff!