Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bathroom Clutter in Rose

by Srikandi Posted 20th Jul 2009 at 9:48 PM - Updated 11th Jun 2010 at 1:54 AM by Srikandi : Compatibility Info

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 10:04 PM
Thanks for this. I do have one girls room that is all pinked out and did notice that some of these assorted clutter items were not recolorable much to my chagrin.

The toilet brush is a nice bonus too.

If you are ever so inclined to do a volume II set, the makeup compact and perhaps the bottle of bubble bath would be nice. Heck even a pink rubber ducky could be interesting.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 10:11 PM
Oh this is great, thank you!
Is there any info on how to do this, I'd like to have a try.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 10:22 PM
I'll put up a tut soon. The Object Cloner I used is brand new and evolving rapidly atm, so any detailed instructions I give right now will be obsolete soon... but the basic method for recolors is (fairly) simple: clone with the Cloner, use SimPE to export, edit, and re-import the object's texture and delete its thumbs if it has them (so new thumbs can be generated), and use Postal to edit the object's catalog name and description in its string table.

As for other items, yeah, I think a lot more currently non-catalog items are gonna be incoming, especially now that Snaitf has figured out a method to convert the animation props. Watch this space.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 10:44 PM
Where can I get the brush btw?

This is nice. Can you make them available in other colors as well?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 11:18 PM
Thank you for the help Srikandi :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
This is nice. Can you make them available in other colors as well?

I second this. I would really want them to be in other colors.
Could you(or someone else who knows how to do this) also make the kitchen clutters, living room clutters, etc. in different colors, too?
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:59 AM
So cute...I love it, thanks

Wisdom is like respect...It's something you earn, not freely obtained without sacrifices.
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:23 AM Last edited by Irish Chick : 25th Jul 2009 at 9:43 PM.
This is awesome thanks so much!
Clutter is (sadly enough lol) one of my fav aspects of the game and Im delighted with the lovely job you've done - esp on the tissue box.

I, like others would dl'd any clutter you fancy recolouring or making. Thanks again! - ENCORE!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:40 AM
Thank you. I really missed "clutter" and choice.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 7:01 AM
I was *just* working on a bathroom and becamed annoyed when I found I couldn't recolor the candle and toilet paper roll. And lucky me, I needed them in a rose pink. Lol...

Thank you for this! I hope more colors and items will show up sometime soon. I'll be sure to keep my eyes open.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:27 AM
I'm glad to see that you have made these.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:47 AM
Good work, but if I were you I wouldn't leave the toilet cleaner on the counter. :P
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:48 PM
I agree with DrinkBainne, maybe a brush holder would be a nice addition? You don't have to get rid of the regular brush, that would be great for a sloppy sim's house! I can't wait to get this into my game!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:03 AM
xD I have the same issues! Even if my own style is more a color-everything-in-aqua-plaid-NAO sort of deal, some of my Sims /are/ the pink- or purple-loving sort. xD Also, more colors of these make it look less like ALL my girly Sims have the same perfume, which seems... improbable, to say the least. These shall be at least somewhat useful. GJ.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:42 PM
I have to say thank you especially for the pink toilet paper XD as of right now, I have pink toilet paper ad was very upset when I saw you couldn't change the color!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:03 PM
Excellent work! Does this mean we may see different colour stairs soon? x
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claire DC
Excellent work! Does this mean we may see different colour stairs soon? x

I sure hope so...glad to see the community pull together on this stuff...
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 11:18 AM
Glad people are enjoying this

As for requests for additional colors and more objects, there are a couple of issues that really should be resolved before we can do this "right". For more colors, we want to be able to add designs, so your catalog isn't cluttered by additional objects for every color. For more objects, there are a lot of animation props that would be fun to make into clutter objects, but they all suffer from the same problem as the brush: they sink into the surface they're on. We think the solutions to both those issues are not far off; when they're resolved, we'll have a lot more to offer.

In the meantime, if other people want to do more recolors of this type, including recoloring the brush object, feel free It's not difficult to do; I've successfully recolored a few things, including pictures and flowers in vases. Use the object cloner, clone the object and make it unique, save, export the texture file from S3PE, edit it, re-import it, and save. That's basically it, though there are extra steps you can do to make your package smaller and to support other languages.

Stairs, btw, are a special kind of object... you can't clone them with the cloner, at least, not in the current version. More research to be done on those.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 11:52 AM Last edited by lemoncandy : 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:05 PM.
Hello again
I've done a few recolors of paintings, they work perfectly, but i'm stuck with the catalog description, not been able to find what/where/how to edit it, either in S3PE or Postal. So my objects have no description (or name) just numbers I know there is some discussion about this on the creator forum but I didn't understand that (stupid me) to me it's all just long strings of numbers everywhere and those words like "hash" are greek to me . Can you perhaps give me a pointer as to where I should look? Thanks a million (oh and I know this isn't the right place to post this question, sorry!)

EDIT: I'm reading your painting tutorial, to see if I can apply the Postal editing part to my files. aaaah so complicated! :o

EDIT2: Now I've tried editing everything in every possible way I could think of, still no luck. Ah well I should stop abusing this thread anyway :p
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 11:21 PM
Thank you, their ugly single color was killing me. I love clutter, but realistic ones with COLORS ^^. I hope you quickly solve the problem to make these things fully recolorable in CAST.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 6:07 AM
Lemoncandy, get the new version of the object cloner -- it handles strings for you
Forum Resident
#23 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 12:44 PM
Oh cool! Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 11:02 PM
These are brilliant, thank you so much! I am one of those people who has to have a pink bathroom so of course my sims do too!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 4:48 AM
Sweet! Pink and clutter!

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Page 1 of 2