Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 3:47 AM
Hey there; this is a great challenge concept!

I'll definitely be giving it a go once I'm done with the Asylum (taking a break from my Legacy because I got into a rut of pushing them too hard and overcrowding the house!)

I'll post some pics when I'm on board! :D
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 10:31 PM
Yay, interest! Thank you very much!
Yeah, I'm in the middle of a Landlubber Challenge myself. They're really bulking up the neighborhood and giving it more flavor. I tweak the town itself like crazy, too. So when I'm done with them, I'll start my Lumberjack off in the same town so I don't have to do it all over again.
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 2:09 AM
More people have been downloading the lots, so I know there must be some new players! Don't be shy; I won't bite! XD
Instructor
#29 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 3:09 PM
A hard Challenge in the beginning, I enjoyed it very much.

But not my poor litle Woody Woodworm!!! Nothing but trees on his lot.

It's hard for him to find food. I send him into the park to look for picknick baskets.

Sometimes he collapsed, too tired to go home.

Look at his face, when he is finding somthing to eat!!!

I let him collect stones and he is fishing and gardening all the time.

So he can build a small cabin.

It's a lonely life, but when he was perfect in fishing and gardening, I send him to the park. Now he has some good friends and he found his love: Tammy

Thank you for the challenge. It's very cool!
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 7:04 AM
Hahaha, what a face! He's like "OMG FOODZ!!" lol
I love it!
Thank you very much for posting your story so far! I really get a kick out of it.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:07 PM
I just started a legacy with a lumberjack as my founder. Let's see how this works, hm? :P

Inventor
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 6:24 PM
Ooh hey, I like that! Yay for legacies!
I'm still only on gen. 2 of my landlubber challenge, so it'll be a while before I can do my own lumberjack. I'll probably wait until World Adventures is out so I can incorporate some of the new goodies in that EP.
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 2:09 AM
This seems like a great way to keep the game interesting. Once I've married off my current sims, I will give it a shot. Not sure I know how to post pictures, but I'll do my best.

Thanks for a cute challenge, Annachibi!
Inventor
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 9:51 PM
You're certainly welcome! The lots have gotten quite a few downloads this past couple of weeks, so I expect there are many more players than the ones that actually post here.
I'm very happy everybody likes it! I can't wait to get started on my own!
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 8:47 AM
are you allowedto have a park bench to sleep on
Test Subject
#36 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 8:48 AM
what is a legacy on sims 3
Inventor
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 7:29 PM
You can sleep on park benches out in town, but you can't put one down on your Sim's lot. You can't have any amenities on your own lot (except the bike stand) until you start building.
For information about a legacy, go to legacychallenge.com
It's not necessary for you to know about those, though. They're rather too technical for my taste, but essentially a legacy can just be a family through several generations.
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 8:10 PM
Default Elle Bucheron, female lumberjack
So, since everyone else seemed to be focused on male lumberjacks, I thought I'd approach this from the feminine perspective.

Meet Elle Bucheron (French for "female lumberjack," if my limited grasp of that language is correct). Elle is an angler, brave, a loner, loves the outdoors, and a vegetarian. While the angler and vegetarianism are not compatible, at least I knew she'd be good at catching fish to fertilize her garden.

Here she is, very grumpy on her first tired, hungry, homeless day -

Things improved rapidly for Elle, since it was easy to send her jogging all over town, looking for places to fish. Until the fish got good enough to use, she sold everything she caught and lived off the free food available in the gym, the park, and whenever she could get invited into anyone's house.

Scouting out building sites for her home, I chose the back right side of the lot, since there was only one huge tree in that area, which meant I could build a decent home for her after the first three skill points.

After a couple of weeks of skill-building, tree-clearing and fish-selling, Elle upgraded her one room shack to the cutest little house ever. One bedroom with a sitting room/kitchen, with an outhouse about 30 feet away, past the woodpile.

On one of her many nightly trips to the graveyard (no faster way to earn big bucks than catching 4-8 perfect deathfish every night, eh?), she ran into someone...surprising.

The most disturbing thing about this was not the amazement she experienced when she realized that her new "friend" shared all of her traits (imagine that!). It was much more worrisome when she started rolling romantic wants for her doppleganger, including "have first kiss with" and "ask if single." Clearly, Elle had spent too much time alone.

Luckily, Elle's birthday came up soon thereafter. As a special present, I had her adopt a son, Pierre. His pre-set personality included the loner trait, as well as being over-emotional and a genius. Not a bad combination, over all.

Life continued peacefully for my little family. They play together, fish together, she helps with his homework every night, and they couldn't be closer.

Being brave and maxing your athletic ability makes it easy to open up a can of whoopass on any burglars who are stupid enough to come calling...

Time passed, Pierre consistently made the honor roll, and soon grew up to be just about the cutest teenage boy I've ever seen. This picture makes me laugh...he seems to know why I keep taking pictures of him with his shirt off, and does not appreciate it.

I think I'll get him to buff up a bit, work on those six pack abs, then take a few more pictures, just...you know.

Anyhow, the challenge is more than done, but I'm having a lovely time with my sweet little family, and will keep playing them.

Here's a last parting shot of doting mom Elle and dutiful son Pierre. So sweet together!

Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 10:01 PM
Yay!! I loved it! And wow, that little cottage IS adorable! Pierre's not half bad, either.
I just started mine last night but barely got past the first day, so it will be a little while before I have some pictures.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 6:58 PM
I'm starting over because I didn't realize I wasn't to get items before I started building. D'oh! It's much easier that way, btw. :P

Starting a new legacy in Riverview! On the 60x60 off by itself. Gave it a small pond and lots of the local trees. :D

http://www.modyourpanties.com/image...-Screenshot.jpg
Inventor
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 9:22 PM
Well yes, it would be. Plop down a bed and you don't need a house, do you? lol Treat your furniture like Sims 3 had Seasons--most stuff will need to be inside.
Inventor
Original Poster
#42 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 1:12 PM
Thought I'd give a little bump.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 3:55 PM
Right, it's been... A while since I said I'd do this challenge and I've finished the other stuff so now I'm actually going to do it. I'll post pics once it's underway properly, whoop! :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 4:29 PM
I'm still here; don't delete my thread! lol

Looking forward to your pics, PaulaMidds! :D
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:46 PM
Well I just found this challenge and am definitely going to give it go right now! Thank You! Would it be ok to share the link to your challenge with a Sims 3 Challenges Yahoo group that I belong to?
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 12:51 AM
Really had a fun time with this Challenge, it's not too long and there are not a ton of rules to keep in mind. I did a mini blog of my play here - http://lumberjackchallenge.blogspot.com/

...and decided to start my Lumber Jack out as very un-Lumber Jack-y LOL...

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 2:20 AM
cool story ruby w y l d
Inventor
Original Poster
#48 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 9:07 PM
Wonderful! You may certainly link to this challenge from wherever you want. The more the merrier, after all!

I love the story! His gentlemanliness is quite interesting. XD I like that you came up with a few extra rules for yourself to make the gameplay more difficult. I didn't want to make it too difficult, since I wanted it to have a broad appeal, but throwing in a few more limits is just fine for those who want the extra challenge. ^_^

Thank you for posting your story!
Test Subject
#49 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 5:07 PM Last edited by amyniknak : 1st Apr 2010 at 5:32 PM.
Cool ^^
Ive been getting quite bored with the sims 3 lately, making families and then getting bored of them, but this challenge looks really fun, im just finding it hard to decide whether i want a male or a female lumberjack ^^
Ill keep you updated on how i do, im pretty excited about this :D:D

= just started with my sim, i loved the name jack delumbé, so have kept it for him ^^ atm he is doing badly on the energy front, needs a good nights sleep! But hes soldiering on, though as a long he cant deal with the crowds at the gym very well

Been playing it again ^^ but in my game im doing athletic and gardening instead, i didnt realise as i didnt really read it properly >.<
Anyways he now has a small house and is about to get a bed thanks to an opportunity for his crops.
When we werent able to have a bed i would send him to either the newbies house, or my own family across the street for a sleep, as long as thats all he does and hes finished before late-night time, he can sleep for as long as he wants :D

So Jack now has a bed and a toilet in his small log cabin, hes got a lovely big garden and is earning around 200 from each harvest Hes now level 7 in gardening and the same i think in athletic, hes getting closer to his birthday, so i will be needing to make him a woman soon (i dont like the town sims, i prefer to make my own)

It would be nice to hear some comments about jack, the emptiness is making me feel like no one is reading this
Inventor
Original Poster
#50 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 4:11 AM
I'm sorry, I have been pretty busy lately, since I started a Sim story and 2 role-plays. I haven't been checking in on the thread properly. I do apologize!

I love the name Delumbe! Sounds like he's doing pretty well for himself after his initial struggles. I know in my test version my Sim was doing a lot of sleeping on benches and lounge chairs! It's great when you finally get a full night's sleep! XD

I would love to see some pictures, if you have any. ^_^
Page 2 of 5