Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
#51 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:24 PM Last edited by Safyre420 : 29th Jul 2009 at 8:35 PM. Reason: because hp told me to
Quote: Originally posted by PuX- 80's
This is one of the many things that doesn't make sence in the world (let alone the US).
Here, in the US, most of us don't like homosexuals. The homosexuals throw a fit (smash cars, paint on houses, paint on cars, destroy signs, block streets, etc.) just because, the vote didn't swing their way. What do those against homosexuals do? Sit at home and laugh.
There is no point to riot because, you lost...leave the country!
Yes, I said it. Leave the US. Go to Canada, they accept you. Isn't that what people do when their home country is unfair?

In the US, you are walking dollars whether you get your way or not. Staying here and sobbing makes us happy. Money, that's all we want of yours. It doesn't matter if you're happy...we have your money the longer you stay here.

All the homosexuals can take over some island or land and live there...in peace, yes?
Or, you can stay here, keep to yourself, we will keep to ourselves, don't harass us, we wont harass you and life will be good again.

I have a better proposition for you, live a day in a homosexual's shoes, feel how we feel, experience what we experience. Much of what you said can be said about the religious asshats in this country as well and I hope that they all die in various horrible ways where they don't fully die until they're almost bled dry(you can also go with them thx). The religious right wants to make their religion law, sorry but we're secular, if you don't like that we don't want your religion as law GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:32 PM
This is one of the many things that doesn't make sence in the world (let alone the US).
Here, in the US, most of us don't like homosexuals. The homosexuals throw a fit (smash cars, paint on houses, paint on cars, destroy signs, block streets, etc.) just because, the vote didn't swing their way. What do those against homosexuals do? Sit at home and laugh.
Yes, I said it. Leave the US. Go to Canada, they accept you. Isn't that what people do when their home country is unfair?

In the US, you are walking dollars whether you get your way or not. Staying here and sobbing makes us happy. Money, that's all we want of yours. It doesn't matter if you're happy...we have your money the longer you stay here.

All the homosexuals can take over some island or land and live there...in peace, yes?
Or, you can stay here, keep to yourself, we will keep to ourselves, don't harass us, we wont harass you and life will be good again.

I hope this was sarcasm or satire because that was the most disturbing post I've seen on this forum.

So blacks should've cut out all that Civil Rights movement stuff and move to Africa. Foreigners should move back to their country because they don't have to stay here. One shouldn't have to run away from their homeland because of hatred and refusal to accept others different than them.

Like I said before, I hope this was a joke. As a black gay teen, I was deeply offended by this.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
I hope this was sarcasm or satire because that was the most disturbing post I've seen on this forum.

So blacks should've cut out all that Civil Rights movement stuff and move to Africa. Foreigners should move back to their country because they don't have to stay here. One shouldn't have to run away from their homeland because of hatred and refusal to accept others different than them.

Like I said before, I hope this was a joke.
The sad part is, that was not. I do believe I remember him showing similar homophobic views in another thread, a while ago. I'm currently checking.
EDIT: Couldn't find the thread, must have been pruned. Regardless, that's either extreme homophobic views or trolling, and you know which one I'm assuming.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:46 PM
Yes, he does has a history of homophobic replies but I can't believe anyone would post that as a solution and be serious about it. Maybe because of different upbringings and the discrimination I've experienced being black and being gay that I was shocked by this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:51 PM

It's very strange to see this hate. In England, everyone's very kind and accepting; we have a higher standard of education in rural areas and are reasonably well connected, along with being far more cosmopolitan than parts of the US. The only people who hate gays here tend to be the chavs, who hate everyone. A politician spouting some of the stuff you hear in America would be booed out of parliament.
Anywho: the, uh, more morally repugnant aspect aside, you're running up against the problem of homosexuality not being a race.
If you had a kid, and he turned out gay (really gay - he loves the cock), would you still condone the deportation? How about people who are bisexual? Or what if people who are straight fall in love with one another? What if a gay man falls in love with a woman? Sexuality is quite a lot more fluid than people think.
Anyway, have you never heard the phrase "Beware the tyranny of the majority"? I'm fairly sure you'll agree that living in Saudi Arabia would suck if you're not a Muslim, right? Just because a tonne of people are Muslim, everyone's forced to obey Islamic rule.
Now, let's have a look at America. There was a time where "most people" wanted segregation between black and white people, until the Supreme Court declared that it was a dick thing to do and overturned public vote. Just because "most people" think something doesn't mean it's ok.
So, I have a couple of questions for you:
- Why do most people hate homosexuality? That's sort of the point of this thread; to find out why.
- Should this deportation be applied to other things? Supposing women want to have equal pay in the workplace, and it's vetoed. Should all women get up and leave America?
Banned
#56 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:51 PM
Rather off-topic:

If I could leave Earth, I would, I would go elsewhere in the universe, hopefully it'd be a lot more peaceful out there than in here.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_French_Sim
Excuse me, but... what the fuck are you on about?

Maturity, rise to it.

Quote:
If the homosexuals are unhappy, it's because they're constantly ostracised and denied rights by homophobes like you who dislike them for no reason (if I'm wrong? My bad. State those reasons). I doubt most homosexuals show their disapproval of policies by smashing cars, either.

Homosexuals were never given the 'right to marry' in the first place. If they were why would we have to vote it in or not?
Being denied a right would be making them not be able to have free speech.
Second, I'm not a homophobe, they are people just like anyone else. Where you draw the line is when they aren't happy after a vote and they still riot and demand more. No one protests against presidents in the ways the homosexuals are doing.
Smashing cars was just part of a list showing major disrespect and wrong-doing.

Quote:
Yes, you told them to leave the country they live in. It doesn't make you edgy, it only makes you... dear gods, ... That's not how you deal with a minority that's discriminated against by bigots. You (not you, PuX. A generic you) listen to what they have to say, consider compatibility with national policies, and judge whether or not it's constitutional or consistant with the well-being of the population, and whether it's feasible. What you do when your country is unfair and you have freedom is not flee, for this is what people living in dictatorships do: flee to a freer land. You demonstrate and attempt to raise the awareness of the population, to get equal rights.

They don't have to flee. If they want to live married to their partner, go else where. Unless the Higher Courts allow it, I don't see the decisons changing much.
I think it is just wrong when you riot after you were given well over enough time to persuade and demostrate.

Quote:
I also doubt they harrass you. If they do, please tell me how.

That was a generic 'you'.
Their protests, riots, etc.

happycowlover, Did I say that Blacks should've done anything different?
No, I didn't.
Blacks have their rights like every human deserves.

Gay marriage is way different than the natural rights of a Black man (or any human for that matter).

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:58 PM
happycowlover, Did I say that Blacks should've done anything different?
No, I didn't.
Blacks have their rights like every human deserves.

Gay marriage is way different than the natural rights of a Black man (or any human for that matter).

But what is the argument against allowing gay marriage? Why shouldn't people be permitted to commit to a same sex relationship through a legal contract?
You're saying that marriage isn't a fundamental human right, but why is the right being deprived at all?
Forum Resident
#59 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:01 PM
I'm also flabbergasted you manage to pretend you're more mature than me.
And I'm sorry to tell you, but they have every right to protest what will be deemed unfair until satisfactory arguments have been provided. Protests, marches, demonstrations and the like are not a form of harrassment.
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Splurgy
You're saying that marriage isn't a fundamental human right, but why is the right being deprived at all?

Marriage isn't fundamental. It's a choice.
Being a married couple with two kids is no different than non-married and two kids.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Forum Resident
#61 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:05 PM
Being a married couple with two kids is no different than non-married and two kids.
Wrong. Marriage gives you additional rights, some pertaining to inheritance, some to hospital visits, insurance coverage and the like.

As regards you "not being a homophobe", "suck it up and get out of this country, gays, you won't have the same rights as us heteros", which is pretty much a summary of your post, comes across as pretty hostile to homosexuals. In other words, yes, you are a homophobe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:13 PM

Well, first of all, it is different (visitation, tax etc.)
But even if it is not fundamental, why shouldn't it be granted? What benefits are there to not granting marriage to people of the same gender?
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:16 PM

Please educate yourself before posting next time. Being married gives you several benefits. Tax breaks, hospital visits, benefits after death, ect. It isn't only a flashy ceremony and an expensive ring.

And gays should drop everything they're doing, leave their careers, families, friends, American culture, rights, entire life and go someplace else? The reason why I mentioned Civil Rights blacks is because people said the same thing about their problems as you're saying now.
Test Subject
#64 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:17 PM
Quote:
because marriage is an union between a man and a woman.

No, it’s not, which has been said many times. But I have a question for you: where do intersexual human beings go in this “two-gender game of marriage?” …since they are neither men, nor women, but both, where do you put them? And why do you consider gender as something so simple as “men and women.”

Quote:
If it was so natural like so many of you are saying then why on earth can only a man and a woman have babies together?

Same thing with the animal kingdom. Other wise they would have all died out and there would be no babies.

Actually, in the animal kingdom some species produce offspring by themselves, or with a member of the same gender, or sometimes it’s the male who’s pregnant. So there goes that argument of yours.

Quote:
Men and women are supposed to love each other and have children. Those of same sex are not. If they were, there would be a way for same-sex couples to reproduce.

Why is the ability to reproduce so important? …as you can reproduce and still be with someone of your own gender. Just get the sperm/whatever from another place. Also, perhaps it’s only a great thing that not all of us can have children? And if you men and women are supposed to have children, then how do you explain that so many healthy women can’t have children, nor so many healthy men produce sperm that would get a woman pregnant? Also, if you talk about “meant to be” in terms of having babies, then you probably agree that what happened here was “natural” and “loving.” …In which case I’m horrified. I can not believe that you even use the terms “have children” and “love” in same phrase. Anyone can pop out a kid, but only few can truly love.

Quote:
Guys LOVE that idea but men and women both say two guys together is gross.

Not entirely so: I know many straight guys who find girl-on-girl icky, much more than guy-on-guy. Probably they’re jealous/intimidated? Also, there are load and loads of heterosexual, bi and lesbian women who LOVE and can’t get enough of two men together. There are also quite many heterosexual women who like girl-on-girl.

Quote:
What do those against homosexuals do? Sit at home and laugh.

It’s easy to sit at home and laugh about it when you have full rights in everything and all is so very simple and easy. Maybe people like you will wake up when enough people close to you come out of the closet, and you realise that yes, you want your cousin/son/grandchild to be happy.

…how THE HELL can you demand oppressed people not to riot for their rights? And no, their rights are NO different from the rights of blacks, or any other human beings who have been oppressed.
Banned
#65 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:24 PM

If marriage is a choice, let me have the choice to marry whomever I want in THIS country. Now I know I have the choice to marry a woman but I wouldn't dare put any woman through that.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:37 PM Last edited by strangeguy823 : 29th Jul 2009 at 9:47 PM.

I have to agree there. Not all homosexuals do that, but there is a minority who just can't accept defeat.

@The_French_Sim

Check this link if it's THAT hard for you to understand the difference between civil union and marriage.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by strangeguy823
I have to agree there. Not all homosexuals do that, but there is a minority who just can't accept defeat.

Yeah, but black people didn't accept defeat either.
Sometimes you have to tread on toes to get equality.
Instructor
#68 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:47 PM
Check this link if it's THAT hard for you to understand the difference between civil union and marriage.

What link? Not to mention that you're the only person here making a distinction.
Homosexuals were never given the 'right to marry' in the first place. If they were why would we have to vote it in or not?
Being denied a right would be making them not be able to have free speech.
Second, I'm not a homophobe, they are people just like anyone else. Where you draw the line is when they aren't happy after a vote and they still riot and demand more. No one protests against presidents in the ways the homosexuals are doing.
Smashing cars was just part of a list showing major disrespect and wrong-doing.

Blacks and women both had to fight for their rights and have their civil rights put up for a vote. The Bill of Rights was put in place to prevent the majority from stomping all over the rights of the minority, but it wasn't near inclusive enough, apparently. And yes, both groups I've mentioned have protested against presidents.
Quote: Originally posted by Sakura-lover
No, it’s not, which has been said many times. But I have a question for you: where do intersexual human beings go in this “two-gender game of marriage?” …since they are neither men, nor women, but both, where do you put them? And why do you consider gender as something so simple as “men and women.”

Silly Sakura, intersexual humans aren't human beings at all! They're sub-human freaks and shouldn't be allowed to marry at all. [/sarcasm]

Edit:
They don't have to flee. If they want to live married to their partner, go else where.

How about Massachusettes, Iowa, or Connecticut?
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:50 PM
Defeat? Are we fighting a war or something? All I want is to marry the guy I fall in love with. Why do homophobes feel they have to be 'victorious' as if we're changing the fabric of reality?

So you're telling me if a person is bullied because of their race, doesn't get a job because they're a woman, isn't allowed to wear their kippah or hijab, or gets beaten up because they're feminine they're supposed to except it and move on? Discrimination is wrong and we need to fight it.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wild Missingno
What link? Not to mention that you're the only person here making a distinction.

Blacks and women both had to fight for their rights and have their civil rights put up for a vote. The Bill of Rights was put in place to prevent the majority from stomping all over the rights of the minority, but it wasn't near inclusive enough, apparently. And yes, both groups I've mentioned have protested against presidents.

Silly Sakura, intersexual humans aren't human beings at all! They're sub-human freaks and shouldn't be allowed to marry at all. [/sarcasm]

Edit:

How about Massachusettes, Iowa, or Connecticut?

fixed my post, the link is there. sorry, my fault.

Blacks and Women had to fight for something that became an abuse, and now Whites and Men have to do so.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Splurgy
Yeah, but black people didn't accept defeat either.
Sometimes you have to tread on toes to get equality.

And some people (Harry Reid) wanna blame Bush for that.
Instructor
#72 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:07 PM
Blacks and Women had to fight for something that became an abuse, and now Whites and Men have to do so.

Come off of it. Who do you think has the most representation in most Western countries? White, heterosexual, Christian men, that's who. If white, Christian, heterosexual men are routinely fired for having children, forced to give up their bus seats, forced to use inferior facilities, denied the right to vote, killed for worshipping God, or denied the right to marry somebody they love in any developed Western country, then we'll talk.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:20 PM
Come off of it. Who do you think has the most representation in most Western countries? White, heterosexual, Christian men, that's who. If white, Christian, heterosexual men are routinely fired for having children, forced to give up their bus seats, forced to use inferior facilities, denied the right to vote, killed for worshipping God, or denied the right to marry somebody they love in any developed Western country, then we'll talk.

QFT

You have got to be kidding me if you believe that white, Christian, heterosexual men are experiencing the amount of discrimination that minorities have and are still facing? Yes, some people do point the finger at them and wrongly blame them for everything, but their rights are still securely in place. The only argument you have is affirmative action and that argument could be defeated too.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:27 PM

I want minorities to have their rights too, no one shuold be segregated because of race, sex religion, or anything else. It's just that blacks have quotas almost everywhere, and in abortions men have no rights. Imagine: Your wife wants to kill your son while she was pregnant of him, and you can do nothing about it. It's not too hard to see.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
QFT

You have got to be kidding me if you believe that white, Christian, heterosexual men are experiencing the amount of discrimination that minorities have and are still facing? Yes, some people do point the finger at them and wrongly blame them for everything, but their rights are still securely in place. The only argument you have is affirmative action and that argument could be defeated too.

Nazism is banned, KKK is too much divided to significantly kill a considerable number of blacks, women can pretty much do the same things that men do. The discrimination you're talking about is over. White people do not have quotas in universities, and you'll be facing my several arguments for long, if you insist to discuss this.

Page 3 of 12