Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 4:50 AM
Default What's your sign...?
No, that wasn't meant as a cheesy pick up line .

Are you anything at all like your sign? Are your friends or family like theirs? If so, in what way? Read through to find a list of signs and descriptions...

Aries:
First sign of the Zodiac, Aries personalities are extremely forceful. They blaze through life without much care in the world. When they see something they want, they go right after it, no matter what's in the way. Aries people are adventurous, courageous, energetic, and assertive people. Aries is a go-getter, and if you can get this personality type on your side, you can be sure that you will do many extreme things with them.

Taurus:
The Taurus personality is one of great strength, solid to the core, and at times can be most stubborn. Just like the bull, Taurus will not give up no matter what the costs. He charges through with great strength, butting heads if he has too. Taurus also has a considerable amount of emotions floating around in that heart of his, and this is generally why he stays so persistent. Taurus does not like change, and this is where the stubbornness of the bull can really cause problems. The bull will only rise to the occasion when he has too, but when he does, you better look out because nothing is going to stop him or turn him aside.

Gemini:
The Gemini personality is a very knowledgeable and a very open one. Gemini are usually extremely versed in the ways of the world, and they love to tell anyone and everyone what they know. Geminis can’t seem to keep their minds made up on one thing for very long and the Gemini personality sometimes has difficulty with decision making. Just when they are ready to commit and take a chance on something new, their rational side kicks in and throws a wrench in the mix. Gemini make long lasting friends, and very good lovers. They always think of others, and on more then one occasion will place other peoples feelings above their own.

Cancer:
Cancer is the true nurturer of the Zodiac, always caring and considering others‘ well being. Cancer is an extremely emotional sign, and is closely related to the feminine aspect, or the mother. Cancers motives are almost always pure and this makes for a very beautiful and lovable person. Although the Cancer personality can be very vulnerable at times, it has its defenses. People born under this sign tend to be shy and keep their distance. Cancer is always quick to forgive and their strength lies in their ability to move past petty issues. Although sometimes gullible, Cancer always rebounds and turns a dark situation light.

Leo:
Leo is a truly unique sign in that it takes everything to heart, but yet always stays in the dominant position. Passion, Desire, and Creativity are Leo's middle name. Leo combines all three to push life to its limits to withdraw life's ultimate pleasures. Leo people always look good, and try to persuade others to be lavish in their styling. Leo reminds us all that looking good and feeling good is an important part of life. They always place their heart before their head, sometimes making rash decisions that result in messy affairs.

Virgo:
Virgo is the sign of the realist. Virgo's earthy nature is well informed of what needs to be done and when it needs to be done. The Virgo personality is a very controlled one. Virgos pick up where others leave off because they need to have the understanding of the finer details of life. Virgos are overwhelmingly focused. One of the main focuses of Virgo is work. Virgos are always in need of leaving a good impression. This is why they have the unfair reputation of being a perfectionist.

Libra:
Much of Libra's work is dedicated to pleasing others rather then the self. This leads them to be extremely fair to others, but rather unfair to themselves. Libras always share their love and their life with others. They are a very outward and outgoing personality and tend to make swift but just decisions, propelling them toward great achievements in this life. Libras are team players. They work extremely well with others and are not so dedicated to the project, but to the team.

Scorpio:
No one is safe from the prying eyes of the Scorpio. The intuitive nature of the Scorpio is designed to penetrate what others hold as their deepest secrets. One way or another a Scorpio will find out what it wants to know. Only they may never show you their true feelings about what they have found. Scorpio is subtle, persistent, and extremely determined in all its different facets. A natural digger of facts, Scorpio always has ulterior motives that are not quite apparent on the surface.

Sagittarius:
Sags are always looking for answers to life's big questions. They tend to be extremely sincere and open-minded, but at times they can be overwhelmingly tactless and thoughtless in regards to others. They plunge fully into relationships, but prefer freedom, rather then commitment. Sagittarians need their freedom to explore. If their freedom is infringed upon, they can be quite belligerent. Their relationships have to be in a give and return fashion, otherwise they will place their aim into another direction.

Capricorn:
When in their natural and balanced nature, Capricorns are extreme workers. Their work comes second to none, even when considering relationships. Capricorn relationships are steady and slow and Capricorns are extremely careful in choosing their "lifetime" partner. Capricorns are looking for security, and nothing else will do. They are extremely loyal and reliable, but can be somewhat closed-minded when it comes to other peoples’ ideas and goals. Capricorns are heavily focused on the self, and what they need to accomplish in order to succeed in this life.

Aquarius:
Aquarians are extremely friendly, willing, loyal, and idealistic. However, Aquarians have extremely "emotionally detached" personalities. This is positive in the manner that they can see a problem for what it is and come to a realistic, and just resolution, but negative in manner because they clearly display a lack of empathy for the hardships of others. Aquarians are thinkers. Their mind is always working, solving problems, or analyzing their surroundings. Although Aquarians have what it takes to truly change the world, their nature is sometimes too inward to make those changes come to pass.

Pisces:
Pisces is an extremely emotional and nurturing sign. This is the dreamer and Pisces people routinely indulge themselves in their own inner world to escape the reality of everyday life. Pisces tend to be loners, but once established in a relationship, they are extremely romantic, and caring. They have a tendency to set their expectations too high for their relationships, sometimes causing major turmoil in their love life. Pisces individuals are extremely sympathetic, but at times can be most impractical when put under pressure. They are visionary, and sensitive. They are extremely receptive and don't need to read into other people to find their own self worth.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zauberlinda12
Pisces:
Pisces is an extremely emotional and nurturing sign. This is the dreamer and Pisces people routinely indulge themselves in their own inner world to escape the reality of everyday life. Pisces tend to be loners, but once established in a relationship, they are extremely romantic, and caring. They have a tendency to set their expectations too high for their relationships, sometimes causing major turmoil in their love life. Pisces individuals are extremely sympathetic, but at times can be most impractical when put under pressure. They are visionary, and sensitive. They are extremely receptive and don't need to read into other people to find their own self worth.

mmm...doesn't really say much about me.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 5:09 AM
I'm a Pisces too and a lot like my sign. I have always been overly emotional, a dreamer & sensitive.

Its always been hard for me to be "compassionately detached" when it comes to seeing people or animals in any kind of pain or suffering. It tears me apart inside if I can't help or rescue them (all).

Its hard to be of any help to anyone in a crisis when you're an emotional wreck! I'm getting better at it though as I get older.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 5:57 AM
Leo:
Leo is a truly unique sign in that it takes everything to heart, but yet always stays in the dominant position. Passion, Desire, and Creativity are Leo's middle name. Leo combines all three to push life to its limits to withdraw life's ultimate pleasures. Leo people always look good, and try to persuade others to be lavish in their styling. Leo reminds us all that looking good and feeling good is an important part of life. They always place their heart before their head, sometimes making rash decisions that result in messy affairs.

Well, for the most part, I've been pegged...except that I've actually used my head in many situations and made decisions that made sense (at the time)...of course I sometimes wind up kind of kicking myself years later, even though I know I made the right decision. However, for the most part that last sentence has been fairly true in spite of that. Other Leo traits that it doesn't mention are devotion to our children (we are reluctant to attend events where we cannot take our offspring) and our fierce loyalty to family and those we consider friends. And we have fabulous manes of hair dahling! (I think that falls under the looking good thing though ) However, my Leo traits are diluted by traits from my Chinese sign, which is the Serpent (so I'm a Leo born in the year of the Serpent...egads!)...and I fit that sign to a T as well (at least the descriptions I've read).

Edit: and we Leos *love* the opposite sex...we are shameless letches...but we look so damn good we can pull it off with panache.

Edit again: and did I mention we're total hams? :D

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
Well, for the most part, I've been pegged...except that I've actually used my head in many situations and made decisions that made sense (at the time)...of course I sometimes wind up kind of kicking myself years later, even though I know I made the right decision. However, for the most part that last sentence has been fairly true in spite of that. Other Leo traits that it doesn't mention are devotion to our children (we are reluctant to attend events where we cannot take our offspring) and our fierce loyalty to family and those we consider friends. And we have fabulous manes of hair dahling! (I think that falls under the looking good thing though ) However, my Leo traits are diluted by traits from my Chinese sign, which is the Serpent (so I'm a Leo born in the year of the Serpent...egads!)...and I fit that sign to a T as well (at least the descriptions I've read).

Edit: and we Leos *love* the opposite sex...we are shameless letches...but we look so damn good we can pull it off with panache.

Edit again: and did I mention we're total hams? :D

Yes, Leo's are natural actors/entertainers!

That's interesting what you said about the Leo "Mane' of hair. My sister is a Leo and she has beautiful hair and loves to wear it all kinds of different ways and is always dyeing it. She was also in theatre in school.

Each sign rules a certain part of the anatomy. My sign, Pisces, rules the feet. I've always been obsessive about giving myself regular pedicures and keeping my nails polished to perfection.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:24 AM
Male parts.
Each sign rules a certain part of the anatomy.

I'm a scorpio, and that's pretty much me. Most of the time my horoscopes are dead-on!

If each sign rules a part of the body, what body part is with the scorpio? Something sticking out and sharp? Oh boy. That would only make sense if I was male.

Bra problem är inte dåliga problem.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:20 AM
Leo:

Wow...that actually sounds a lot like me. Especially the "takes everything to heart" and the "They always place their heart before their head..."
Forum Resident
#8 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:43 AM
I'm a Capricorn:
Quote:
Capricorn:
When in their natural and balanced nature, Capricorns are extreme workers. Their work comes second to none, even when considering relationships. Capricorn relationships are steady and slow and Capricorns are extremely careful in choosing their "lifetime" partner. Capricorns are looking for security, and nothing else will do. They are extremely loyal and reliable, but can be somewhat closed-minded when it comes to other peoples’ ideas and goals. Capricorns are heavily focused on the self, and what they need to accomplish in order to succeed in this life.

Erm... pretty much nothing describes me except: "Capricorns are looking for security, and nothing else will do. They are extremely loyal and reliable"

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Mother Function
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:45 AM
Creepish. I'm a Scorpio and that pretty much summed me up

I love to be in peoples business. And I ALWAYS find out what I want to know

edit- and people love to tell me their deepest secrets for some reason...

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 10:54 AM
Quote:
Aries: First sign of the Zodiac, Aries personalities are extremely forceful. They blaze through life without much care in the world. When they see something they want, they go right after it, no matter what's in the way. Aries people are adventurous, courageous, energetic, and assertive people. Aries is a go-getter, and if you can get this personality type on your side, you can be sure that you will do many extreme things with them.

That sums me up except I'm not energetic. I'm too lazy
Scholar
#11 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 10:55 AM
I'm a Pisces and the best description I've ever heard is: The eternal struggle of wanting to escape it all and wanting to help others.

That is so me!

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:02 AM
Pisces:
Pisces is an extremely emotional and nurturing sign.This is the dreamer and Pisces people routinely indulge themselves in their own inner world to escape the reality of everyday life. Pisces tend to be loners, but once established in a relationship, they are extremely romantic, and caring. They have a tendency to set their expectations too high for their relationships, sometimes causing major turmoil in their love life. Pisces individuals are extremely sympathetic, but at times can be most impractical when put under pressure. They are visionary, and sensitive. They are extremely receptive and don't need to read into other people to find their own self worth.

what's in bold, it's true.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Alchemist
#13 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 12:35 PM
I'm SO like mine! Libra.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Rubric Wrangler
#14 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 1:08 PM
Capricorn:

Yeah, that's fairly accurate, except for the whole "close-minded" thing, I tend to be a bit too easily swayed by others ideas. That, and I can be pretty darn lazy sometimes.

As for my Chinese zodiac, I'm a goat/ram/sheep/whatever the heck you wanna call it.

Quote:
Occupying the 8th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Goat (or Sheep) symbolizes such character traits as creativity, intelligence, dependability, and calmness. Comfortable being alone to ponder the workings of their inner minds, Goats enjoy being part of a group, but prefer the sidelines rather than the center. Their nurturing personality makes Goats excellent care-givers. They’re quite and reserved because they spend much time absorbed in their thoughts.

Home and alone is where Goats feel most comfortable. There they can express themselves artistically, whether it’s by painting, cooking or participating in whatever artistic endeavors they enjoy. Goats prefer the couch because there they can relax and explore their minds. They don’t need elaborate furnishings; only items reflecting their desire for art.

See, I've always found my Chinese zodiac more accurate. I'm part Chinese, so I'm obligated to know it.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meggie272
I'm a Pisces and the best description I've ever heard is: The eternal struggle of wanting to escape it all and wanting to help others.

That is so me!

I'm a pisces as well and Yes that pretty much sums us up! That and they are usually into or interested in some form of the occult or mysteries of the world.

I can remember, even as a little kid, going to the library with my mom and heading straight to the Occult section to find all the books I could on UFO's, The Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, Astrology, Tarot, etc and just pouring over them for hours.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 3:18 PM
I'm a Pisces as well and it describes me quite accurately. I'm not as spiritual as the horoscopes may suggest, but I'm an indelible hopeless romantic and a dreamer. It's also sometimes associated with all branches of the arts and humanities, and as a writer and a future English lit major, it suits me.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Scholar
#17 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:10 PM
I'm a Pisces (I gather I'm in good company ), but yeah, not sure whether some of the aspects describe me accurately, whereas other aspects have me spot on.

Lol, Chinese-wise... apparently I'm the snake... flattering :P

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Theorist
#18 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:13 PM
I'm a Libra.
But I'm pretty much the complete opposite of what it says there.
I was born in the year of the dog. Woof?

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:02 AM
I'm a Pisces too (It's like the pisces club here ) and I think the description is quite accurate. I'm certainly useless when put under pressure...

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Scholar
#20 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:00 AM
My brother is a Pisces and the description above is totally him! It doesn't surprise me to see so many Pisces folks on the Sims boards. I know several Pisces people and they are very inner focused and not one of them finds things like WOW or GTA at all appealing (they're fairly gentle non-violent people), so I can see Sims being something they'd enjoy. Not meaning to generate a stereotype, of course! Just going by folks I know.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 2:24 AM Last edited by zauberlinda12 : 6th Aug 2009 at 3:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
My brother is a Pisces and the description above is totally him! It doesn't surprise me to see so many Pisces folks on the Sims boards. I know several Pisces people and they are very inner focused and not one of them finds things like WOW or GTA at all appealing (they're fairly gentle non-violent people), so I can see Sims being something they'd enjoy. Not meaning to generate a stereotype, of course! Just going by folks I know.

As a Pisces I would tend to agree with that. I would also add that Sims may also appeal to us because it is a way to escape into that fantasy world us water signs are so fond of.

I am chuckling at the amount of Pisces that have posted. Its not at all surprising that Pisceans would be drawn to an astrology thread since we tend to be drawn to metaphysical stuff (astrology, tarot cards, ESP, palm reading, etc)

Scholar
#22 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 4:01 AM
Aries:
First sign of the Zodiac, Aries personalities are extremely forceful. They blaze through life without much care in the world. When they see something they want, they go right after it, no matter what's in the way. Aries people are adventurous, courageous, energetic, and assertive people. Aries is a go-getter, and if you can get this personality type on your side, you can be sure that you will do many extreme things with them.

I'd say that pretty much describes me, but I have a few Pisces characterstics because I was sort of born on the line of Pisces/Aries.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DollyRot
I was sort of born on the line of Pisces/Aries.

Ditto. I'm on the "cusp" thing.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Alchemist
#24 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 6:52 AM
Gemini:
The Gemini personality is a very knowledgeable and a very open one. Gemini are usually extremely versed in the ways of the world, and they love to tell anyone and everyone what they know. Geminis can’t seem to keep their minds made up on one thing for very long and the Gemini personality sometimes has difficulty with decision making. Just when they are ready to commit and take a chance on something new, their rational side kicks in and throws a wrench in the mix. Gemini make long lasting friends, and very good lovers. They always think of others, and on more then one occasion will place other peoples feelings above their own.

Bolded the parts that I'm like.
Instructor
#25 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 9:16 AM
Sagittarius:
Sags are always looking for answers to life's big questions. They tend to be extremely sincere and open-minded, but at times they can be overwhelmingly tactless and thoughtless in regards to others. They plunge fully into relationships, but prefer freedom, rather then commitment. Sagittarians need their freedom to explore. If their freedom is infringed upon, they can be quite belligerent. Their relationships have to be in a give and return fashion, otherwise they will place their aim into another direction.

Describes me quite well.

Dreamydre15 My son is on the cusp of Scorpio and Sagittarius, I am expecting him to be rather interesting as he gets older

^_^

Page 1 of 2