Thanks: 1012 in 13 Posts
1) Is the Montalcino Fandango (the collector's edition car) allowed in lots?
2) Would it maybe be beneficial for someone to post (or start to post) a collection of pastable links of, say, Store content? So that people could work off that in lots that have store items, instead of having to do it bit by bit for each submission?
Let me give an example - let's say I made a thread somewhere with lots of these:
Headhunter Battle Mask
Because paste that into your lot submission, and it gives you a clickable link to the item.
I guess a list of links -could- be useful. IMO, it'd be easiest for me if I was gonna do it to just go and look at the Store stuff because I'd need a pic to jog my memory anyway - having a list of links like that just saves typing the url and name. If other people think it would be helpful, they're welcome to chime in here, since I don't do much in the way of lot uploads.
Thanks: 3335 in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by lanawinst
I do have another question if you don't mind.
Is TSR the only exception? I mean if I get a rose or peggy free hair can I use it on my sim or not?
EDIT: I just realized some exceptions: Sometimes on special occasions Rose or Peggy will offer one of their pay meshes as a limited time free gift for a specified number of days. I think that still means the mesh is considered pay and on the forbidden list, because the downloader is likely to find it a pay item once again by the time they see your upload.
And I just had to add...DABOOBS...what a name. It makes every post that has to refer to that tool absolutely hilarious to the point of bringing tears to my eyes. Delphy is crazy, in a good way of course.
Thanks: 3987 in 15 Posts
Does this mean we can use conversion hairs? I'm still a little iffy on the new differences.
Here's an example.
Please let us use conversion hairs!! PLEASE..PLEASE...PLEASE!!!
When we can link to the booty and PSBD I don't see why we can't use those in our uploads. As long as we give appropriate credit.
Edit: Hp sorta esplained...
Edit2: Not mention that the items pictured aren't available in the actual upload. Why can't we use linkable content. (=booty)
Why let us link to booty but not use it in pics?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
The idea is to promote free content, not pay content that someone put up for free. Conversions are basically considered separate items since they do not require the original (or any links back to the original) and are a significant edit, and thus are allowed (as long as they're free to download from the converter).
Thanks: 1795 in 11 Posts
My personal opinion about the whole hair issue is that if a person uploads a Sim, why on earth can't they use an in-game or EA store hair on that Sim (of course I don't have and probably never will have any store hair because I can't afford to spend money on EA's store and I'm not committing theft to download it free somewhere)? Sure, the game hair looks like it came from a used wig outlet, but if I'm going to download someone's Sim I'm paying a whole lot more attention to what the Sim looks like than the hair they are wearing. In fact, custom content on Sims often completely distracts attention from the Sim and has turned me off from downloading a Sim on more than one occasion.
Oh, and before I forget again, HP, thank you!
I am looking for someone who can convert a couple of TS2 meshes to TS3 for my world project. If you would be willing to consider this please PM me for details.
As for "why not just use in-game/store hair?" Well, that actually was one option we considered for policies. In a lot of cases with celeb/character sims, you really need an appropriate hair to do a good likeness - a person who always wears a certain hairstyle will look rather weird as a sim wearing a completely different one, and many times things like hairline height/shape can change the overall look quite dramatically. That's the reason that I did custom hairstyles for several of my TS2 celebrity sims - they looked wrong with what was out there already, and much better once I gave them their own hairstyle. It would certainly make our jobs as moderators easier if everyone only ever made their own styles or just used ones from the game though.
Thanks: 3624 in 36 Posts
1. â€“ If I use patterns created by me that have not been upload nowhere, is allowed or not?
2. Can I upload unfurnished houses? This way I donâ€™t have the risk to be rejected my lot and I donâ€™t break your rules
1) Yes, you can use patterns by you made specifically for use in your house. You do need to state in the text of your post that you have included some patterns that you made for it, and I think it would be a good idea to show the patterns separately (do a couple screenshots according to the pattern upload guidelines) and make sure to mention how many recolourable channels they are and where they show up in-game. Sort of add on the regular pattern type upload to a house. You do need to put the .package files for your patterns in your or file separate from the .sims3pack as it will not package with the house automatically.
2) Sims 3 houses need to be furnished, since they can be purchased furnished or unfurnished, or used in story progression for other sims in the neighborhood. Sims 2 houses, you can upload either way, as long as they're not apartments (which do need to be furnished).
|For all items originally uploaded directly to MTS, we require stated permission from the original creator ("I have permission from SallySimmer to convert her hair..."), and that you provide a link and credit (Original by SallySimmer at http://www.sallysimmerssite.com), regardless of whether the item you edited or converted was pay or free. You can't just post whatever you want here without asking the creator.|
Sophie-David - If you post a conversion or something using someone else's meshes/textures, then you need either their permission, or to link to their policies that state such usage is okay. Permissive policies would equal permission.
Thanks: 973 in 26 Posts
WHAT TRAVESTY IS THIS!?
By which I mean, THANK YOU! This is bloody awesome. :D
Thanks: 6356 in 27 Posts
i come aus germany
deutz, I'm not sure what you're saying - if you're asking whether the downloads here are free; then yes, absolutely. MTS is, always has been, and always will be free.
What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Thanks: 855 in 7 Posts
Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Page 2 of 2