Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cuter (Smaller) Plumb Bobs

by joninmobile Posted 11th Sep 2009 at 8:15 PM - Updated 20th Apr 2013 at 11:20 AM by joninmobile

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 8:40 PM
so tiny. and so cute >w< must have in game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 9:40 PM
baby plumbob <3
:3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 9:45 PM
Ahhh!! So cute! This will be good for screenshots when I forget to turn it off! Thanks!
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 10:23 PM
So this can't be used with Ambular's Prettier Plumbob mod? I just wanted to make sure before I chose one or the other. Thank you.
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 10:57 PM
That's correct, don't use this with the prettier plumbob, or any others like the plumb bob star, or sphere found here as well.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 1:27 AM
This is a great idea - will be less intrusive!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 2:43 AM
I will definitely give this a try. I have the prettier plumbbob, but they get in the way sometimes. I agree, this will be less intrusive.
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 2:56 AM
0.0 You can do that?!?!?!?! This is flipin ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so CUTE!!!

Testing...check...Is this thing on?
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 3:32 AM
So adorable! Thanks!

Call Me Miss, or MSB

I am NOT taking requests, sorry! But if you have any suggestions, I will take them!

~Rest in Peace dearest Michael Jackson~
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 9:15 AM
I never really had a problem with the plumbbobs, but I'll give it a try. I might like it, after all.

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:09 AM
Aww, so little and adorable. I just want to give it a lollipop for no apparent reason.

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.
The shadow in background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally, if we want. - I Miss You - Blink-182

Read my Sim story "Searching For Something " HERE
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 7:18 PM
This is very nice. An invisible plumbbob would be great. Why do we need the things anyway? Just look at the picture at the bottom of the screen and you know which Sim you're controlling.

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Banned
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 10:04 PM
You can already make the plumbob invisible with the plumbob toggle off cheat.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 7:25 AM
SOOO much better. more like a sims 3 one. Better proportions.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 1:19 AM
hehee it's just like -aawww- :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 11:07 AM
Convenient for screencaps!
Instructor
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 2:17 AM
Nicely done! Just a heads-up for those interested: joininmobile's creator policy prohibits uploading the hybrid version I made, but if you have even a passing familiarity with SimPE it's a trivial exercise to open my plumbob replacement and switch in joininmobile's mesh. You don't get the full effect of my edits but you do get the colors and some of the added shine.
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 4:07 AM
Nawwww....... cutie little plumbobs! I usually don't download too many mods (it's a bit risky) but this is just so cute. It was very hard to pick between yours and Ambulars... >~<

Pbandjsam was here!!! "Google is a man's best friend. Screw Dogs!!!" -Me
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 11:44 AM
can you make big plumbob? ^_^

[ZOMG]
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 1:16 AM
(Using the EP0 base-game.)
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
You can already make the plumbob invisible with the plumbob toggle off cheat.

I followed your instructions and removed a functional Simsky_TS2_PlumbBobToggleMod and saved the lot, before installing your mod in my Downloads folder.
"Do Not Use This With Any One Else's Plumb Bob Replacement!"

But now, for some reason, your mod hides all of my plumb bobs with a base-game install?

I really love the idea of very small plumb bobs, to just barely help indicate the sim and especially, if they do not act like miniature spot-lights that can really spoil a dark romantic scene. (So, has anyone approached this major Sims2 lighting problem, also?)

... Jim ...
Banned
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 7:53 PM
you should probably remove simsky's mod from your downloads folder before installing this.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 2:35 AM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 15th Nov 2009 at 5:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
you should probably remove simsky's mod from your downloads folder before installing this.

(Yep, did that after the removal of the object on all of the lots, of course.)

I'm guessing it's a deal about just having an EP0 base-game?

But thanks for your help and hopefully, this excellent mod, someday. (And hey, at worst case, you gave me a fairly easy global "off switch" for plumb bobs.)

... Jim ...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 8:29 PM
This Is A Cool Plum Bob It Reminds Me Of The Plum Bob From My Sims XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 12:17 PM
These are brillant and so cute looking too, Thank you so much.
Page 1 of 2