Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Centretown Community Lot

by FlipGuardian Posted 19th Sep 2009 at 6:33 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2009 at 3:37 PM by FlipGuardian

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 8:02 PM
This is great, FG! I like how you put parking facilities in front of the diner, and incorporated the school in the lot with the park behind it. Very clever. Well done!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 10:36 PM
Good idea. I just might try this, so I could change all the old lots into residential. Thanks.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 1:04 AM
Umm...... I have a couple dumb questions. (I'm not a noob but I have concerns)

1. So do I bulldoze all of my existing buildings downtown and replace them with this one?

2. If that is so - it fits on the lot where Central Park sits in Sunset Valley? And then I can do what Lewisb40 says cuz I'm running out of prime real estate.

3. Or is this best used in a brand new emptied neighborhood?

I really really like this idea but I'm afraid to bulldoze those lots when I've been playing my neighborhood for over 2 months now.

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 3:12 AM
I really like your version of the mega community lot! It looks and feels much more natural than some others. It doesn't feel so crowded, and I like that you put the school on this lot. Great job!

divalbw: Yes, that is what you do, just bulldoze everything that this lot replaces. I recommend saving a copy of the lots you are getting rid of to your library first. Some say that bulldozing lots that your sims go to work on can cause problems, but I have been using another mega lot like this one for a month or so, and so far, no problems. The sims still go to work. When in doubt, just backup!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 4:56 AM Last edited by divalbw : 21st Sep 2009 at 5:09 AM. Reason: had a revelation......
Quote: Originally posted by Lathen
I really like your version of the mega community lot! It looks and feels much more natural than some others. It doesn't feel so crowded, and I like that you put the school on this lot. Great job!

divalbw: Yes, that is what you do, just bulldoze everything that this lot replaces. I recommend saving a copy of the lots you are getting rid of to your library first. Some say that bulldozing lots that your sims go to work on can cause problems, but I have been using another mega lot like this one for a month or so, and so far, no problems. The sims still go to work. When in doubt, just backup!

Ok cool. Thanks...
Now........how to save lots to library........ (I'll figure it out)
Duh...I know what to do now.......

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 7:53 PM
Thanks for answering the question, Lathen =) My computer got messed but anyways... Thanks for the feedback!

There are three sides to a story:
Your side, the other person's side and the truth.

The Sims Cubed
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 11:31 AM Last edited by Pumpkin_Masher : 8th Oct 2009 at 8:05 PM.
Great lot.

I used it as a base but made alot of changes. However when I was all finished I was using it in game and I noticed I couldnt click on some of the rabbitholes. IN build mode some of the rabbitholes won't place, I tried to delete the ones that aren't selectable in game and place them again but when I try to place the rabbithole it shows up tinted red and won't let me place it. Some other rabbitholes will let me place them though. The one's I'm having trouble with are the grocery, bookstore, theatre, bistro, and diner. I'm really fond of the changes I made and I don't want to lose it. Has anyone else had this kind of issue with rabbitholes before?

Well whatever it was today when I loaded up the game again, everything worked fine! The lot looks great and a bunch of sims gravitated right to it.
Thanks again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 3:36 AM Last edited by FlipGuardian : 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:58 PM.
Well, I used 'moveobjects on' cheat to place some of the rabbit holes because I wanted the fences next to the rabbit holes and not have one tile in between the fence and the rabbit hole which doesn't look good.

The Sims Cubed
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 8:19 PM
Hey ..Are you able to convert this to TS2?

[color=green]Neon-Loving Chick In Tha House[/color] [color=pink]Gotta problem with me? Press f5 and watch me disappear[/color]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 3:35 PM
I don't think they have rabbit holes in TS2. I guess it could be just a community lot but I didn't build anything in there. I only added the park, ground coverings, lamp posts, garbage cans, picnic tables, etc... The point of this was so that the place where Sims work is all in one place to make it look like a downtown area targeted mostly for High school kids who want to get part-time jobs and stuff near school.

The Sims Cubed
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 3:44 AM
ERHMAHGERD. RERBIT HERLS.

. . . *ahem* What I mean to say is, thank heavens, because I've been wanting to do this for a while but have simply been too lazy. This is perfect!