Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Raise the Roof! Then Put Down a Better One! 40 NEW Roof Colors!

by QBUILDERZ Posted 10th Oct 2009 at 3:33 PM - Updated 12th Jul 2010 at 8:27 AM by QBUILDERZ

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 3:43 PM
You are too funny!
This is amazing, now we can have more beautiful roofs!
Great work! :D

Thank you so much!
Anime Addict
#3 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 3:44 PM
Looks freaking awesome Q.
Great work....
*runs to download*

I should build some houses using these.

My Alter Ego's
MTS | The Sim Supply | The Exchange

"I used to have Multiple Personality Disorder but we're ok now"
"Click here to find out how to keep an idiot busy for hours"
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 3:53 PM
Whoop! I miss the corrugated roof, gotta have that! Thanks for sharing, they will be used by me.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 4:10 PM
Woot Woot indeed! This is wonderful Q! More essential ingredients for an excellent game brought to life. Great work! Thanks much.
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 4:41 PM
I'm just sayin.. I have been a huge fan for a while now, so yea, you know these are going in my game. Thank you! Amazing roofs, amazing work.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 4:52 PM
I don't really build houses much but this will definitely make pre-made homes and such MUCH nicer! They're awesome I missed the corrugated roof. Thanks!
Inventor
#8 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 4:54 PM
You did a great job on these new roofs. Now I don't even like my own roof recolours anymore. *lol* Anyway, thanks for sharing with us - I think I'll be using your roof quite often in my future builds.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 5:55 PM
Nice Q =) i was waiting for this!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:11 PM
Yay! I'm so glad it's up.

I love my roofs. Thanks :D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:15 PM
Thank you! These are perfect.=)
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:34 PM
YOU are on fire! Thanx very much :-)
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:24 PM
Excellent! Totally needed...and well done. You clever Q, you!

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626), "Of Beauty"
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:40 PM
What's the blue roof on the left in the first screenshot? I'm assuming it's the Maxis roof, but those are dark grey.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:43 PM Last edited by QBUILDERZ : 10th Oct 2009 at 10:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kribensis
What's the blue roof on the left in the first screenshot? I'm assuming it's the Maxis roof, but those are dark grey.

Yes, it is maxis roof, and it is most definitely blue. Other than the fact that it looks blue to me in game, there is a file in S3PE appropriately named "noise". Adding a layer of blue over the texture. I would know as I had to go back through and replace it with a white version to show my recolor. The point of the picture is really meaningless, other than the fact to show the difference between theirs and mine and to throw in some lame humor.

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 8:13 PM
lmao "raise the roof, then put down a better one"
thanks for this, I have been looking for something similar.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Scholar
#17 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 10:10 PM
Well, if I ever actually play TS3, rather than just make stuff for it, I'll be sure to download

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Instructor
#18 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 10:11 PM
Woot!! They are up, and they all look fantastic! I can't wait to use these

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
Yes, it is maxis roof, and it is most definitely blue. Other than the fact that it looks blue to me in game, there is a file in S3PE appropriately named "noise". Adding a layer of blue over the texture. I would know as I had to go back through and replace it with a white version to show my recolor. The point of the picture is really meaningless, other than the fact to show the difference between theirs and mine and to throw in some lame humor.

Gotcha. Thanks! It's not blue in my game, probably there's a difference in our color profiles or some other voodoo at work.
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 11:01 PM
OMG, these are AMAZING, they are just so good I must have them!!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:47 AM
Thanks! Great job!!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 2:01 AM
Woo awesome work! THANKS!
Mother Function
retired moderator
#23 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 2:56 AM
commenting, commenting, commenting :D

Looks great Q!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 4:27 AM
these look awsome I would love to have a option to download them all in one big zip, I dont know about anyone else but after i download one it doesnt let me click on the others unless i refresh the page, and thats a bit tirersome
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 6:37 AM
Thanks for sharing these, your absolutely correct about he EA ones!!
Page 1 of 4