Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 2:19 PM
I have a question about this step:

Quote:
7. Opened TGIBlock in [1]Material (the 2nd one). Looked for original PaintingCars_xml instance number

What do I do if that instance number isn't in the list? There are 3 xml types in each of the materials, but none match the instance of the "objectname_xml". (I'm editing another painting, not the car one.)
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#52 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 3:32 PM Last edited by cmomoney : 27th Oct 2009 at 4:15 PM.
The first one. It might have the same instance as the ObjectRGBMask_xml.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#53 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 5:40 PM
Thank you c-mo, it worked beautifully.
How do you get the thumbnail to show your image by the way? Mine showed up blank white-ish, but of course I haven't done anything to it yet, and haven't even deleted the cache.
Alchemist
#54 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 7:16 PM
"Ok - CONFESS!!! Do you have the latest release? " I thought I did. But maybe I don't. Now I'm not sure. I looked at the documentation part and it doesn't say what version it is. How can I tell? (oooohhh, the blonde, it burns!).

CMM, when you say, "If you want more than one default you would want to change the other recolours instead of deleting them." How would we go about doing that? To get a single default we replace the main IMG but how do we get at the others to replace those? Forgive me if you've posted the answer elsewhere. I confess I need to go back through the thread more carefully to make sure you have not.

edited to add: ok, I read CMM's post more carefully and it seems I must *not* have the right version <blush> I will go download it now.

LC, thanks for asking that. At some point or other I would have had to ask it myself otherwise.

OM
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#55 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 7:19 PM
Help|About, similarly to most apps Another way is to remember how long ago you last downloaded and check the download thread for update announcements more recent than that time.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#56 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 7:24 PM Last edited by orangemittens : 27th Oct 2009 at 7:35 PM.
I promise, I did look in that section but I didn't notice those numbers were supposed to be dates. You caught me. Ack.

"Another way is to remember how long ago you last downloaded ..."

Well, yes. For most people that probably works.

OM

And may I just add that you programmer-y type people are most painful to work around. :P

And this thing was just updated yesterday! Who knew?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#57 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 7:35 PM
Anyway I hope you will soon have your shiney new S3PE complete with Delete option on materials :P

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#58 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 7:40 PM
Thank you very much for the help Inge. I just downloaded the new version and am off to try it.

OM
Alchemist
#59 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 8:06 PM Last edited by orangemittens : 27th Oct 2009 at 8:22 PM.
Double post. Sorry all. I just have to admit I am childishly delighted with this new game of changing the paintings. It worked!

Now to figure out how to change the thumbnails.

Thank you for inventing this trick CMM

OM

Edited to add: I went back through the thread and can't find any hints about how to change the thumbnails (my new one is showing up exactly the same as the old one) or add more than one image at a time. Ideas on that anyone?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#60 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 8:31 PM
Thumbnail image instances match the objd/objk, you can import any and replace the instances. I include them when I clone. Just edit them in your graphics program.

If your referrning to in game thumbs that rotate the image, those are determined by the bounding box, which seems to correlate to the actual mesh size and location as best I can determine.
Alchemist
#61 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 8:43 PM Last edited by orangemittens : 27th Oct 2009 at 9:04 PM.
Thanks HL. I'm thinking I might know how to copy over those other images also. We should just export the xml for the extra and alter it to match a new second IMG we import right?

Edited to add: Scratch that. We don't need to alter the other xmls. That would change the frame not the painting image.

Edited to add: Ok, I cannot believe it but I did it. I got rid of all but 2 of the extras and made 2 new images for the painting without any problem. So now we can at least have as many recolors as there are extra frames to any given painting and we can alter the default frames for our paintings too. Sweet

OM
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#62 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 9:26 PM
I'm happy it's working for you. If you do this, changing the default pattern will be much easier to learn. LC's question gave me some more insight, so I'm trying to simplify the method for changing default patterns.
Quote:
And this thing was just updated yesterday! Who knew?

I sure didn't.
Quote:
So now we can at least have as many recolors as there are extra frames to any given painting...

And the McBob painting has 10. Sweet, indeed.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#63 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 9:35 PM
I really cannot believe this is as easy as it is. For more than one I just imported the IMG and then changed the grid xml and IMG instance numbers for the second material in the exact same way as I changed it for the first one except I used the second IMG's unique number. Amazing.

My thumbnails are still showing up with the car though even though I did empty the caches. Are we going to have to delete the thumbnails and make our own?

OM
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#64 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 10:31 PM
Did you get rid of the thumb resource in in your package also?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#65 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 11:07 PM
Whoops. No, I forgot that part in my gloating over the painting recolors. I'll do that now.

OM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#66 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 11:02 PM
Thanks for the advice guys...
Although i still cant understand how to replace the patterns...
Most of them when i open them are a Pale Yellow image....
I converted a sofa from TS2 and it took the pattern of the cloned sofa from TS3....
I wanna change these patterns....
Does anyone found out a solution yet?
Because i see that many people have managed to change the patterns to their new meshes

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Alchemist
#67 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 12:18 AM
Well, I got rid of the thumb resources in my package and then re-emptied the caches but still I have the wrong thumbnail for all my painting images.

Also, although I am reluctant to mention it for fear of community response, I find I am unable to open dds files with PSP that have been exported with the new s3pe. I've had to fall back to the earlier version. Does anyone else have this issue?

OM
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 12:27 AM
hraklis, can you point me to some of those new meshes that have changed patterns? I'd like to pull them apart and have a look.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#69 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 12:31 AM
Im not sure if we are pointing to the same thing but im talking about the default patterns...:S
For example this sofa
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=376245
I see that it doesnt have the patterns of a mesh from TS3...:/
How can i manage to do something like that?To change the patterns to a specific pattern of the game...? :s

Check my tumblr:
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#70 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 1:02 AM
Okay, I did it and don't know what I did, again. I keep trying to recreate it but i'm leaving something out, I guess. I change the default pattern of the 2 tile blinds (with the arch) to green paint/eggshell .
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...ntester.package

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 1:35 AM Last edited by BabaYaga : 30th Oct 2009 at 2:13 AM. Reason: further question
But cmomoney, you must figure it out, we're all counting on you!

Well, not entirely. I'm going to download your blinds and take a look myself, not that it will necessarily help!

Hraklis-- I looked at the sofa you were talking about (in game) and it has the same default patterns (and reciolors) as the sofa it was cloned from. The screenshots do show it with some custom patterns, but they are not the default...

EDIT: cmomoney-- I'm looking at the package and I wonder about the eggshell01Med_1.xml that you added to the package-- did you copy that from somewhere?

I see that you added eggshell01Med_1.xml to the tgi blocks in material 0, and that material 0 also references eggshell01Med_paint in a couple of places in the MaterialBlocks and TypeCodes, so I'm guessing those places referred to the original default pattern that you replaced?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#72 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 2:38 AM
Oh i didnt test the sofa ingame and i thought they changed it...
Anyway i have some meshes in game that i downloaded from various sites that have changed the default patterns...
I wish i could...
This is preventing me from uploading the sofa the armchair and the table i converted...

Check my tumblr:
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 3:28 AM
Can you tell me what meshes you mean and where you got them? That way I could take a look at how they're put together...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#74 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 3:37 AM
Mainly i check this blog (http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/) and i download from various sites....
Well now i can see that many of these artists have changed patterns with TSR tool.... -_-
It has an option as i can read...
So thats the way i suppose

Check my tumblr:
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#75 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 4:03 AM Last edited by cmomoney : 30th Oct 2009 at 9:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BabaYaga
I'm looking at the package and I wonder about the eggshell01Med_1.xml that you added to the package-- did you copy that from somewhere?
I think I might have copied that from another object that used that pattern (exspensive crib, maybe?). I added to the end of the TGI, and changed the xml index in material 0 to 9 ( 9th in the tgi list starting from zero)
Quote:
I see that you added eggshell01Med_1.xml to the tgi blocks in material 0, and that material 0 also references eggshell01Med_paint in a couple of places in the MaterialBlocks and TypeCodes, so I'm guessing those places referred to the original default pattern that you replaced?
Yes. I changed all the places that referred to the original pattern. Did you also notice that I didn't include the pattern_img .dds? You would think I know exactly what I'm doing. :P

EDIT: I figured it out. Will post as soon as I get up.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Page 3 of 4