Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elizabeth Báthory: The Blood Countess

by Wicked_poppies Posted 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:37 PM

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 10:42 PM
I'm not trying to be a bitch or anything but I always read that her name was Erzebet Bathory not Elizabeth.....oh well the sim is awesome thx for making her

--Whatever happens, happens--
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 10:58 PM
it is Elizabeth and it is a true a story there is a movie about her coming out i think it maybe a foreign film from France but at never stops me from watching a movie and you did a lovely job poppies

Jessica Leigh
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:02 PM
I believe that Erzebet or Erzsebet is the Hungarian version of Elizabeth, so Wicked Poppies is actually correct. Amazing job btw. She looks fantastic and I cannot wait to use her.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:26 PM Last edited by Wicked_poppies : 3rd Nov 2009 at 2:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by psychicsocial
I'm not trying to be a bitch or anything but I always read that her name was Erzebet Bathory not Elizabeth.....oh well the sim is awesome thx for making her

Lol... no, you do not sound like a bitch in any way. I actualy never read that about her name. It was always spelt Elizabeth whereever I read about her.... but, that dose make sense that 'Elizabeth' is mearly the english version of her name. Thanks for sharing that with me, because that is actualy something I missed in my research.

arianna1388: Dont quote me on this, but I ~think~ that there is already a movie of some kind out about her. Still, I would LOVE to see a newer one...

mojitoboz: I'm so, SO glad you like her.

Thank you all for taking time to leave me comments!!!!!

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:42 PM
what a beautiful monster!
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:43 PM
i got goosebumps reading this >.<
how CREEEPPYYYYYYYYYYYY ! !
But shes beautiful anyway (:
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 2:34 AM
Thanks!!!! Hahaha..... I love the description of "beautiful monster"... that's great... actualy, I honestly half expected her to be rejected, because of the pics. I've got two nude ladies in blood, and then one pic where her boobs are poping out of her outfit. But, that just happened when I put the outfit on her. I was like "whatever"... I mean the outfit is fantastic, but the boobs look like they are about to pop out of her dress.... But, since she is using a 'barbie' skin, It wasnt like her woo-hoo's where going to show. LOL

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 3:53 AM
GAH!!! She is amazing! I love her! You did a beautiful job, Wicked!

Call Me Miss, or MSB

I am NOT taking requests, sorry! But if you have any suggestions, I will take them!

~Rest in Peace dearest Michael Jackson~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 5:55 AM
That is a crazy story! I've never heard of her but that story is enough to make me want to have her in my game. Too bad I can't see the sim though. Hopefully it will get fixed soon so that I can come back to download her.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 9:03 AM
She isn't look bad women but beauty lady...thanks
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:20 PM
I'm actually hungarian, and I have to chime in and say that this story is probably just a myth, though great material for spooky movies. I've read about it, and according to historians the woman wasn't more sadistic than most of the aristocrats in those times, but the king wanted her money and lands, as she was one of the richest woman around, so they came up with a gruesome story to get hold of her properties and let her live anyway. We can't be sure, it happened a long time ago, but her diaries don't include anything about being a serial killer. Her name was Erzsébet Báthory, but Erzsébet is the same as Elisabeth in english.
*end of history lesson*
And by the way, I really like this sim, she looks so wicked!
Scholar
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 1:53 PM
I have read the book 'In the search of Dracula' about two years ago,and in the book was one chapter about her,there was also name Erzebet,but I think that's the same as Elizabeth.I think that it's true that she was a horrific evil vampire or some kind of demon.
Also,your sim is very beautiful!
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devalyn
I'm actually hungarian, and I have to chime in and say that this story is probably just a myth, though great material for spooky movies. I've read about it, and according to historians the woman wasn't more sadistic than most of the aristocrats in those times, but the king wanted her money and lands, as she was one of the richest woman around, so they came up with a gruesome story to get hold of her properties and let her live anyway. We can't be sure, it happened a long time ago, but her diaries don't include anything about being a serial killer. Her name was Erzsébet Báthory, but Erzsébet is the same as Elisabeth in english.
*end of history lesson*
And by the way, I really like this sim, she looks so wicked!

Thanks! Yeah, now I did read that when I was researching her. It is true that a lot of nobles where very hard on the servants. And when her husband died, she became a target to lose everything she had, so she had to apear to be strong. But I dont belive it was a compleetly a conspiracy, and here's why:

1.) If they simply wanted her land (which, I know they did), why make up such a horrible story, and fabricate so much to make it seem true? I mean, 600 girls? Why not 5 or 6 if it wasnt even true to begin with? Why didnt they just go to the castle one night, and kill her, and play it off as a suicide? I mean, they where other nobals, so they could get away with it.

2.) I read that her diaries are not that easy to read, because of the writing, and the old language. And, because they are part of stat archives, it's almost impossible to see them. So, it's hard to say what is actualy written in them.

However, if somone could answer those questions for me, I could see it as a conspirasy. I mean, this happened SO long ago that it's hard to truly know what happened. And, sadly, if it was all just some plot to get her land, we'll never know for sure, and she will continue to be known as a monster in our history books.

Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pegasaus
I have read the book 'In the search of Dracula' about two years ago,and in the book was one chapter about her,there was also name Erzebet,but I think that's the same as Elizabeth.I think that it's true that she was a horrific evil vampire or some kind of demon.
Also,your sim is very beautiful!

I'm glad you like her! Yeah, I dont belive in 'monsters' and vampires and such... just crazy people. LOL

Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 2:28 PM
She is amazing!
So classy and cold looking...a real bitch,lol...
I'm afraid of her ...I can see her making all those things you said ; you really captured this with her looks!

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 3:26 PM
Oh! This is really cool! I first heard about her while watching the vampire special the history channel was playing on the week of Halloween.
Scholar
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 3:28 PM
She is wonderful! She has really something special....I would describe it as 'noble aura'....I have never seen at a Sim before!

Many, many thanks!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wicked_poppies
Thanks! Yeah, now I did read that when I was researching her. It is true that a lot of nobles where very hard on the servants. And when her husband died, she became a target to lose everything she had, so she had to apear to be strong. But I dont belive it was a compleetly a conspiracy, and here's why:

1.) If they simply wanted her land (which, I know they did), why make up such a horrible story, and fabricate so much to make it seem true? I mean, 600 girls? Why not 5 or 6 if it wasnt even true to begin with? Why didnt they just go to the castle one night, and kill her, and play it off as a suicide? I mean, they where other nobals, so they could get away with it.

2.) I read that her diaries are not that easy to read, because of the writing, and the old language. And, because they are part of stat archives, it's almost impossible to see them. So, it's hard to say what is actualy written in them.

However, if somone could answer those questions for me, I could see it as a conspirasy. I mean, this happened SO long ago that it's hard to truly know what happened. And, sadly, if it was all just some plot to get her land, we'll never know for sure, and she will continue to be known as a monster in our history books.

Nobody knows for sure, and I think no one ever will know the truth, but I think that people of that age were somehow used to cruelty, more than we are today, just look at those horrible things they used in torture chambers. So they wouldn't really care for 5 or 6 girls, but 600 is such a huge number, that everyone took notice instantly after hearing about it. I'm sure the nobles wanted something very serious to accuse her with, because her family was powerful and respectful. And I wonder how did she murdered all those girls anyway without anyone knowing about it but her closest servants. After all, the other people never knew it until her arrest.
About arranging her suicide: I think she had successors, who could've inherited everything, but I'm not sure on that one. Simply by killing her they wouldn't get her properties, they had to come up with a serious crime. Aristocrat money was hard to get in any other way.
(You can tell I love history )
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 11:12 PM
mmh, i read that story before...in "natgeo" :P
great job
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 11:49 PM
Whoa! Talk about a disturbing problem a very unique piece of work Poppies.
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 1:46 AM
Wow, what a coincidence! I just watched "Stay Alive," re-discovered the Bathory story, and starting looking for a sim just like this a few days ago. XD Lovely!
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devalyn
Nobody knows for sure, and I think no one ever will know the truth, but I think that people of that age were somehow used to cruelty, more than we are today, just look at those horrible things they used in torture chambers. So they wouldn't really care for 5 or 6 girls, but 600 is such a huge number, that everyone took notice instantly after hearing about it. I'm sure the nobles wanted something very serious to accuse her with, because her family was powerful and respectful. And I wonder how did she murdered all those girls anyway without anyone knowing about it but her closest servants. After all, the other people never knew it until her arrest.
About arranging her suicide: I think she had successors, who could've inherited everything, but I'm not sure on that one. Simply by killing her they wouldn't get her properties, they had to come up with a serious crime. Aristocrat money was hard to get in any other way.
(You can tell I love history )

Well, it is possible that the whole thing was a set up to frame her and steal her money. However, that was so long ago, it's highly unlikely that we will ever know the truth. Therefore, while the people who do the research may belive that there is more to her story... most people will only hear that she was a murderer, and never think twice about it. And, Im sure that this is the same with a thousand other people from history who have had there story distorted. Im not saying that she is innocent, im just saying that if she is, we will never know.

I am so glad you guys like her! I NEVER thought I would get this kind of responce from her. I guess that the story is just too interesting, weather it's true or not. lol

Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 10:11 AM
i love the way you took the time to make the pics and put the story, its enticing. shes beautiful.
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 12:15 AM
That's awesome! And here I thought I was the only simmer who knew the story of " The Blood Countess ". Sadistic bitch, yes, but a damn interesting study in crazy women.
Page 1 of 3