Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 3:37 PM Last edited by wiz1 : 10th Nov 2009 at 8:39 PM.
Default House Arrest(was Bare Essentials)
To start this challenge, Make a couple in CAS. Then buy a empty lot, and build ONE ROOM, and put the following into it. Only these objects.
-one table
-one chess board
-5 chairs(3 for table, 2 for chess)
-one fridge
-one sink
-one double bed
-two ceiling lights
-one shower
-one toilet
-one couch
-one crib

you may also get a fireplace.

put all these objects in the one room house, and put some fence around the front door, and put the garbage can right outside the door. Delete the school in the neighborhood.
No jobs allowed. No exceptions.

All the objects must be the cheapest objects available.
On day one, the wife in the couple must get pregnant from the husband. Only one child allowed, no more, no less.
The child must sleep on the couch when they become a child.

You may NEVER leave the lot, I know there is a moodlet, but just suffer.
This mod:http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354513 might be helpful.

I am about to play this myself, so I might edit this a bit.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 4:24 PM
soo....when does the challenge end? and life span setting..?

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 5:22 PM
Life span may be normal or up. Challenge ends when the child becomes a young adult. NO early aging.
Alchemist
#4 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wiz1
Life span may be normal or up. Challenge ends when the child becomes a young adult. NO early aging.

if theres no early aging, why allow birthday cakes? they let you skip a couple days until their real birthday comes along, so...nix those.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 7:50 PM
how else are you going to age?
Alchemist
#6 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 8:00 PM
automatically. it will age you automatically if you dont use a cake on the day of your transition.

how could you not know that?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 8:39 PM
I just always do that.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 11:43 PM
How about just make a rule where B-day cakes are allowed but it actually has to say their birthday is today.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 3:02 AM
actually, i think that at 6:00 pm they age automatically on their birthday.. at least in the sims 2. i don't play ts3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 1:51 PM
so why are you here?
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 11:55 PM
What happens if you have twins?
Instructor
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 12:00 AM
On day one, the wife in the couple must get pregnant from the husband. Only one child allowed, no more, no less.

sounds like China's one child policy.....hmmm what if they get pregnant with twins?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 12:08 PM
Its only because you only have enough stuff for one kid. If you get twins, fine. Buy some stuff as needed.
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 4:40 PM
lol this sounds fun
Mad Poster
#15 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wiz1
so why are you here?

i'm allowed to browse these forums freely, just as you are.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 4:28 AM
Fun until you can only have quick meals, well untill your fridge gets repoed anyway.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 9:25 PM
yeah how are they supposed to pay bills? what if they eventually run out of money? they can't get a job soo...??
also, what are you supposed to do all day? i want to try this challenge but i'm afraid i might get bored easily because they cant leave and they don't have anyway to learn skills except for the chess table and just by cooking... what has everyone been doing with their sims all day?

woah you can delete the school?! i didn't know that. well, i really just never bothered cuz it never occured to me. so if you delete the school the kids dont leave?? thats neat! i always want to build up my kids' skills when they're young but it goes too slow because they're at school half of the day and then doing homework for another quarter of the day then theres maybe like 3 hours to work on skills before they run out of energy =P

what happens when their fridge runs out of food??? i can't remember if you can have food delivered in sims3 or if that was just in sims2...

oh and they age up on their own by midnight in sims3. it was once one of my sims' birthday and i wasnt aging them up cuz i was holding off until the other sim could finish making ambrosia. they finished making it before 12 and the sim had just finished eating the whole plate around 11:50 but they still aged up anyway.. i restarted without saving about 4 times each time doing something different to try and make the meal earlier and even though they finished before 12 each time they still aged up..
normally i wouldnt have tried so hard but they were about to age up from young adult to adult and i didnt want that big of a change =P
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 1:01 AM
what about toddler toys? and toddler potties? can you use money cheats? can you garden? how about a TV or a bookcase? if no to the bookcase, are you allowed to read the books that might come with a sim?

Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
what happens when their fridge runs out of food??? i can't remember if you can have food delivered in sims3 or if that was just in sims2...

in the sims3 it just costs money to make it from the fridge...you don't actually NEED to have the food in the fridge. it's helpful though
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 1:37 PM
There's always the quick meals which are free for some reason. That doesn't really help with the inevitable repo-man issue though. Could we substitute a easel for the chess board so we can have some kind of income? Otherwise, I don't think the sims are going to last very long. As soon as the repoman commandeers their fridge, it's essentially game over...
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 8:24 PM
What is the goal of this? It doesn't make any sense...