Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 3 Recategorizer (UPDATE Late Night!)

by Sims MX Posted 15th Dec 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 13th Mar 2013 at 3:53 AM by Sims MX : Updated files.

118 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 7:52 PM
This is great. I always thought it was dumb how a lot of the objects (especially store objects) were categorized. Thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 8:00 PM
Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 8:02 PM
Thanks so much for this. Was hard to make a kids room when I had to click on different tabs to find everything. O(^o^)O
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 8:06 PM
Thankyou for this. My Wife and I were discussing the annoyances over various categories and have been going through our installed mods to fix these issues, but I must say it didnt cross my mind to do the entire official line of content too, great work!

I have a question for you. Does one need the base game package and world adventures if one has WA installed, or does the WA version cover the base game too?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 8:49 PM
Nice to see this available now. Does the Stancke set include the clock I mentioned in the PM to you?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 9:02 PM
Much appreciated, the silly categorizing bugged me :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 12:22 AM
Thanks everyone.

Quote: Originally posted by Anach
I have a question for you. Does one need the base game package and world adventures if one has WA installed, or does the WA version cover the base game too?

Both packages are needed. Base game package only fixes base game items, World Adventures package only fixes World Adventures items.

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Nice to see this available now. Does the Stancke set include the clock I mentioned in the PM to you?

It didn't, but now it has. Redownload please.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 12:28 AM
UPDATE (12/15/2009)
  • New Store sets were added.
  • Minor fixes were made, example: Hutch Bathroom sculpture only shows in the Bathroom Room Sort; World Adventures décor show up in the Lawn Décor sub-category in the Outside Room Sort; other minor fixes.
  • Stäncké wall clock is no longer shown under Fences
  • Partitions were removed from the Living Room Sort and added them to the Accents sub-category in the Bathroom Room Sort.

Please redownload and replace old-files. All files were modified.
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 12:37 AM
Many thanks for this Much appreciated!
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 1:08 AM
Thank you

GnKSpot||Flickr
Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair And out of my mind
Keeping an eye on the world
So many thousands of feet off the ground
I'm over you now
I'm at home in the clouds, towering over your head
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 1:27 AM
You should put what each download contains so people know that they need to download both for Sims 3 items (base game) and WA items. And maybe explain this as you have here. I was confused until I read the comment here.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missa
You should put what each download contains so people know that they need to download both for Sims 3 items (base game) and WA items. And maybe explain this as you have here. I was confused until I read the comment here.

I did included that information, look:

Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
  • recategorized_0.package: Recategorizes base game items. Requires latest patch (1.7 or latest).
  • recategorized_EP1.package: Recategorizes World Adventures items, unlocks Maxis Lost & Found gargoyle. Requires World Adventures.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 3:12 AM
Quick question...

If I don't have all of the store sets, can I go ahead and download/install all of these anyway, so they'll take effect when I do get those sets? I'm worried that it will cause game crashes if the items aren't there for it to mess with.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellgamatic
Quick question...

If I don't have all of the store sets, can I go ahead and download/install all of these anyway, so they'll take effect when I do get those sets? I'm worried that it will cause game crashes if the items aren't there for it to mess with.

If you install them and you don't have the set, you'll see a black thumbnail instead of the object's thumbnail. If you click that black thumbnail your game will crash. As long as you don't click them you will be safe , be careful though!
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 6:05 AM
OK, this basically means Christmas has come early for me. Thankyou. So. Much.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 7:29 AM
This is great. Thanks! Hope to see the further recategorization of personal and family inventories, camera, bookshelf. That would save my life. Many many thanks!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:24 AM
Default Wonderful!!!
Thank you so much and how did you do it?
Can recatagorizing clothing be done the same way? Not a request that you do it. But I would really like doing the clothing if you can teach me how!

Thanks again. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 2:53 PM
Wow the work involved, thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
Thank you so much and how did you do it?
Can recatagorizing clothing be done the same way? Not a request that you do it. But I would really like doing the clothing if you can teach me how!

Thanks again. :lovestruc

It is possible to recategorize clothing, I have recategorized some hairstyles from the Store (a tiara that didn't show up in formal for example), it is a different procedure. If you want I can explain it to you, send me a PM.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:11 PM
Thanks for fixing these, especially the store objects. They were in the most stupid places
Field Researcher
#22 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:29 PM
Great, thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 6:18 PM
I think I love you. My OCD tendencies thank you. A lot.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 9:54 PM
Have you only corrected the catagories when viewing by room sort? I ask because when viewing chairs by function sort they still show in the incorrect catagories and the Hands > Sands now doesn't show at all, not in the fences catagory (yay!) but not in the small electronics with the other clocks either (boo).

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Have you only corrected the catagories when viewing by room sort? I ask because when viewing chairs by function sort they still show in the incorrect catagories and the Hands > Sands now doesn't show at all, not in the fences catagory (yay!) but not in the small electronics with the other clocks either (boo).

Office chairs should show be in Dining Chairs and not Miscellaneous Comfort, where are yours showing? This mod will fix both Room and Function Sort.

The Modern Minimalist clock works for me. I checked the files in my Mods\Packages folder and they are the same files uploaded here. Try redownloading this mod and reinstalling it. Do you have the latest patch? I haven't tested this with the latest patch (the one that adds Shop Mode & CAW). Further problems post here, I'll try to update and fix this mod.
Page 1 of 5