Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 12:52 PM
Locked thread | Replies: 54 (Who?), Viewed: 14360 times. | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Not informative and no help was asked. Please read the stickies.
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. M. Pescado
That is a given. The test version is already out. Sims3pack installed downloads, on the other hand, behave unpredictably and may not even install at all. I don't think this is actually an intentional outcome on EA's part, but it's definitely interesting. On the other hand, TSR is hosed, so I like this plan.


Sims3Pack files are the ones you install I take it then.

So is that just custom Sims3Pack files or both custom and EA-made that do not work?

Most of my mods are PACKAGE files, so I figure I'm in the clear there.

And thanks for the speedy upload. I'll test it out when I have a chance to get back on the computer.
Alchemist
#27 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioscream
What I did before patch install:
Backed up my My Docs../Electronic.../Sims 3/ folder
Moved ALL mods including resource.cfg and hack framework OUT of the game

Problems I've noticed:
Game launches fine with no CC
AwesomeMod currently causes my game to crash to desktop
Removed AwesomeMod, all CC EXCEPT Buy Mode (furniture and the likes) show up as usual.
Riverview doesn't appear.


Hm, i didnt back up anything or remove the mods folder/framework/resource.cfg, i just removed my .package files (i forgot to remove the .sims3pack side of it, btu for me they always still work after patches). I havn't gone into the game yet, but i've spent a bit of time with CAW and its working, the launcher is working.

Awesomemod is a core, so it would have to be updated for the new patch otherwise it would crash your game, right? That's how it was with the early patches wasn't it? has that changed?

I've had many problems with riverview not appearing, ALWAYS! Every patch, even at random time when there were no new patches or CC installed.

Well, at least package files arent stuffed. I have 5 .sims3packs and about 500 .package files...
at least only 5 things wont work. Well, 3. Because two of them are free store sets
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccapixie10
Hm, i didnt back up anything or remove the mods folder/framework/resource.cfg, i just removed my .package files (i forgot to remove the .sims3pack side of it, btu for me they always still work after patches). I havn't gone into the game yet, but i've spent a bit of time with CAW and its working, the launcher is working.

Awesomemod is a core, so it would have to be updated for the new patch otherwise it would crash your game, right? That's how it was with the early patches wasn't it? has that changed?

I've had many problems with riverview not appearing, ALWAYS! Every patch, even at random time when there were no new patches or CC installed.

Well, at least package files arent stuffed. I have 5 .sims3packs and about 500 .package files...
at least only 5 things wont work. Well, 3. Because two of them are free store sets


You should be fine then. I'm only have problems with .sims3package files at the moment, and Pescado has released an update for AwesomeMod that doesn't crash your game. Though, it remains to be seen what might be broken within his mod. I haven't personally been able to test any of it other than "Yah, my game loads."

I've tried a lot of things, and am unable to get my CC from .sims3package files to work properly. I can get them to load, but the game sort of freaks out, but doesn't crash. So now we just wait for either another patch or a tool to update old sims3package files to the new format.

EDIT: I always backup my files, and remove mods when patching. Just in case.
Scholar
#29 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:18 AM
Ok, conspiracy theories aside because they're half baked and just plain stupid. EA make a lot of money out of the folks over at the exchange, NO they are NOT trying to stop us from using cc, don't be stupid. The exchange would collapse if they couldn't put their wee sims3.packs in the game that they recolour and upload. So forget that and let's try to work this out.

Firstly I see a lot of people above saying I have this and that happening, would it be possible for people to say if they downloaded the patch and the CAW tool, then we can at least work out which is causing any issues, not related to people messing up the install by forgetting to remove the .dll and resource.cfg along with their mods folder.

I downloaded both the patch and the CAW tool, as CAW does not work without the patch. There were no initial problems during installation and it all seemed to go well. I haven't put my mods folder, my resource.cfg or the .dll back yet. I'll check back when I do and let you know if my game is ok. Yes I do have sims3.packs. Yes, I did delete all my cache files too before starting the game.

My game is fine, I had a small issue with the grass going black but it turned out to be my outlook reminding me to put the bins out

My new world is now available on my own site.prettysims.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereyes
Ok, conspiracy theories aside because they're half baked and just plain stupid. EA make a lot of money out of the folks over at the exchange, NO they are NOT trying to stop us from using cc, don't be stupid. The exchange would collapse if they couldn't put their wee sims3.packs in the game that they recolour and upload. So forget that and let's try to work this out.

Firstly I see a lot of people above saying I have this and that happening, would it be possible for people to say if they downloaded the patch and the CAW tool, then we can at least work out which is causing any issues, not related to people messing up the install by forgetting to remove the .dll and resource.cfg along with their mods folder.

Now my issue is simple. I now have black grass in my hood. I was working away on CAW, then I went into my build hood to check the sizes of the rabbit holes I must have for jobs. My grass turned black.

I downloaded both the patch and the CAW tool, as CAW does not work without the patch. There were no initial problems during installation and it all seemed to go well. I haven't even put my mods folder, my resource.cfg or the .dll back yet so we can discount cc or mods as an issue for me. Yes I do have sims3.packs but, like I said, I doubt EA would lose the monopoly they have over there at the exchange, so I'm not even going to think about that at this time. Yes, I did delete all my cache files too before starting the game.

I'll close the game down and let the movie run this time before checking to find out if it's still the same.


I don't believe that's the case at all, because they didn't hose all CC, but they did change something in the .sims3package file format. That is for certain, and did it without warning. Either that, or someone fat-fingered something in the code, which is doubtful. I've been trying to find a work around, and so far nothing works properly. I can get the CC to load, but with bad results.
Scholar
#31 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioscream
I don't believe that's the case at all, because they didn't hose all CC, but they did change something in the .sims3package file format. That is for certain, and did it without warning. Either that, or someone fat-fingered something in the code, which is doubtful. I've been trying to find a work around, and so far nothing works properly. I can get the CC to load, but with bad results.


I edited my post as my issue worked itself out. I'll need to check the cc and come back and see if it's all working. I don't have a lot so it won't take me long to figure out if anything is missing.

My sims 3.packs are in but again, I haven't checked that yet.

My new world is now available on my own site.prettysims.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereyes
I edited my post as my issue worked itself out. I'll need to check the cc and come back and see if it's all working. I don't have a lot so it won't take me long to figure out if anything is missing.

My sims 3.packs are in but again, I haven't checked that yet.


.package files should be fine.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:27 AM
My game patched with no issues, CAW works, my game loads both with mods (including the updated awesome mod) and without them but my game crashes to desktop when I try to load my save game or create a new one.

I either messed something up when I was moving files around or the patch doesn't agree with my game for some reason.
Scholar
#34 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:29 AM
ioscream, that would be a first then as cc always gets shafted in some way when a new patch comes out. I'm well ready to update any of my stuff that's been borked by it, as most creators usually are. I'd be really surprised if something isn't borked somewhere. I just hope it's not the poor sods that had to fix their stuff already from the last patch

My new world is now available on my own site.prettysims.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereyes
ioscream, that would be a first then as cc always gets shafted in some way when a new patch comes out. I'm well ready to update any of my stuff that's been borked by it, as most creators usually are. I'd be really surprised if something isn't borked somewhere. I just hope it's not the poor sods that had to fix their stuff already from the last patch


I haven't gone through systematically, but as far as I can tell all of my .package files work fine just the .sim3package files are broke. So if you have mostly .package files you will likely be fine. Load it up and find out.
Inventor
#36 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioscream
Moved ALL mods including resource.cfg and hack framework OUT of the game


Where did you move them to? I noticed that the mods folder contains all my mods, but the files resource.cfg and nomosaic_readme are outside of the mods folder. Can I put them in the mod folder, or do they need to stay out of it? I moved mine all to the desktop. Is that the standard, or fine or whatever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioscream
If you are using any mods you need to remove them.. including the hack framework which is in your base game directory Game/Bin/d3dx9_31.dll

Before patching I removed the resource.cfg and the ENTIRED Mods folder.. just cut them out of there and place them out of the directory. Try again. If you are using any cracks, then you won't be able to patch unless you have the original files.


When I open bin, there are two subfolders called es-MX and fr-FR. Inside each of those folders are files titled Sims3Launcher.resources.dll. I don't see any called /d3dx9_31.dll
Test Subject
#37 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioscream
If you are using any mods you need to remove them.. including the hack framework which is in your base game directory Game/Bin/d3dx9_31.dll

Before patching I removed the resource.cfg and the ENTIRED Mods folder.. just cut them out of there and place them out of the directory. Try again. If you are using any cracks, then you won't be able to patch unless you have the original files.


would having world adventures make this any different?

Trying to think of something to upload.....
Scholar
#38 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:49 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 17th Dec 2009 at 1:38 AM. Reason: No discussion of "obtaining" or "sharing" store stuff. Please read the site rules.
Ok, the answer is quite simple. All my cc is showing up. sims 3.packs and .packages. Except things that have been put through the compressorizer.

All sims3.packs still working that i downloaded from sites as cc and all I made myself.

My new world is now available on my own site.prettysims.com
Test Subject
DELETED POST
17th Dec 2009 at 1:15 AM
This message has been deleted by plasticbox. Reason: No discussion of "obtaining" store stuff. Please read the site rules.
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
I have the patch, and CAW and all my CC whether in mods/packages, Sims3Pack or from the Store shows up fine. I obviously moved out AM and any other scripting mod before installing the patch, just like everyone always should.

Remember you need to patch both basegame and WA if you have WA!


how do you patch both the basegame and wa? if i use the launcher wont it download the correct one? after installing wa it had me update to fix the save problem which i had already updated for base game
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sif
My game patched with no issues, CAW works, my game loads both with mods (including the updated awesome mod) and without them but my game crashes to desktop when I try to load my save game or create a new one.

I either messed something up when I was moving files around or the patch doesn't agree with my game for some reason.


I'm having this problem too =/

Any luck so far? I uninstalled AM, framework, and in the process of moving files around to see what works.
Scholar
DELETED POST
17th Dec 2009 at 1:33 AM
This message has been deleted by plasticbox. Reason: No discussion of "obtaining" or "sharing" store stuff. Please read the site rules.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena2
I'm having this problem too =/

Any luck so far? I uninstalled AM, framework, and in the process of moving files around to see what works.


Nah, no luck here! I've tried all I can think of to get it working so I'll wait on it for a bit in case someone comes up with a fix otherwise I'll just do a reinstall.

Hope you have better luck with your game!
Scholar
#42 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:45 AM
All my stuff is there, all my store downloads I got with my points, Liana sims stuff, my own cc in sims 3.packs and .packages.

Laurie, yes the launcher will download everything you need. It did with me. I think the reference to people making sure they do both may have been to people who do it manually. In truth, there was only one patch to download ont he site so I take it it's clever when it hits the launcher

My new world is now available on my own site.prettysims.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:49 AM
Ok since I cannot multi-quote I will try to answer all of the questions to the best of my knowledge.

1. I simply moved my resource.cfg out of the directory.. to anywhere, just in case it got over-written or deleted. However, people have reported have NO problems with leaving this in.

2. .package files are fine, and if you have the ORIGINAL .sims3package files you can try to extract the .package file from them and place as you would a .package file using this tool ( http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038 )

3. Someone else has figured out a fix for some of the items that you could not restore from just the .sims3package files. When I know more on how this works I will post it.

Sorry admins.. I should've known this would turn into a Help thread. Had I properly anticipated that I would've placed it under help.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereyes
All my stuff is there, all my store downloads I got with my points, Liana sims stuff, my own cc in sims 3.packs and .packages.

Laurie, yes the launcher will download everything you need. It did with me. I think the reference to people making sure they do both may have been to people who do it manually. In truth, there was only one patch to download ont he site so I take it it's clever when it hits the launcher


No problems with your .sims3package files.. interesting.. lucky even.. and btw there are 2 patches. 1 for the base game and 1 for the WA expansion. Assuming you have both.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena2
I'm having this problem too =/

Any luck so far? I uninstalled AM, framework, and in the process of moving files around to see what works.


You guys got rid of the resource.cfg and the d3dx.... whatever file in the /Game/Bin folder as well? To be honest even having those in without AM installed my game did not crash nor did I have a problem with my saved game. However, I did not try to load my game without CC, I just created a new to make sure it was working.
Test Subject
#46 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:56 AM
thanks fluttereyes. so i guess since i have wa i will get that patch. however will wait until the cc problem is fixed i have purchased alot of items from store and am using them in game so i dont want to lose the.
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioscream
You guys got rid of the resource.cfg and the d3dx.... whatever file in the /Game/Bin folder as well? To be honest even having those in without AM installed my game did not crash nor did I have a problem with my saved game. However, I did not try to load my game without CC, I just created a new to make sure it was working.


I got rid of the d3dx's from both WA, and basegame, and resource.cfg from the basegame folder.

The resource.cfg in the WA Bin, though, if I delete it, I get an error when I try and start the game:

"Unable to start game

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)"
Test Subject
#48 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:30 AM
temp fix for cc problem

There is a temporary fix for this; put your dbc file from DCCache into your mods folder, and alter your resource.cfg file to accept dbc files.

More detailed instructions:
Open your resource.cfg (it should be in either Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 or Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 World Adventures).

Add the line:
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
and save the file.

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache and cut the dcdb0.dbc file, and paste it in Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Mods\ Packages (or Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 World Adventures\ Mods\ Packages), wherever the rest of your custom content is.

The launcher installed items will now show up okay in game (and CAS).

Be advised that if you need to install other launcher items, you need to put the dcdb0.dbc file back into the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache folder, and then cut/ paste it back into the Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Mods\ Packages (or Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 World Adventures\ Mods\ Packages) folder. It is best NOT to install items in game from the store feature, or else this will create a fresh dcdb0.dbc file in the DCCache folder, so you'll end up with two.

You are advised to backup your DCCache folder and resource.cfg file before doing any of this, in case you accidentally delete something
Scholar
#49 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaroo
After the "OMG! .package cc is eeevil!" hysteria that followed the release of WA/patch 1.7, I find it kind of funny that EA is now screwing with the other white meat. Karma rules!

That was my first thought when I read about the problems with .sims3pack. EA just didn't want to play favourites, so they went with equal opportunity breakage.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:43 AM
Launcher broken
my launcher no longer connects to download manager.
I installed new patch on a clean game .
Riverview no longer recognised and unable to re download from store. I cannot even download any items I have used my free points(paid when game bought)
re installed download manager cleared caches no longer able to download via launcher and the launcher will no longer stay open for more tha a few seconds
I will not use CAW as I cannot even get Riverview to load.
EA have made made a bigger mess each time they update I do not think they will sell any further EPs at this rate!!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3
Back to top