Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 5:10 PM
Thankyou this is very useful
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 8:11 PM
omg i love this thread tytytytytytytytyty to everyone who has made lists of sizes for lots and rabbitholes!!!!!!
Test Subject
#53 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 7:08 PM
All in this thread has help greatly. I love the sims so much that I thought to start building there world from scrap. As I was working with the tool I had a hard time getting the buildings to go in the lot areas. It would say "Location out of bounds". Frustrated as I was I decide to search for answers. I thought maybe it was just the size. Given that I decided to search for size of lots. On here lots of helpful sizes. Try it but never worked. I thought we could use a little bigger lots not the same exact size of the lot. I looked on here for sizes and I saw others had the same problem with place building to lots due to "Location out of bounds". I didnt think we had to use a cheat code just to place a lot but I guess that is the only way to do this if I want Rabbieholes in my game. GREAT HELP INDEED FOR WORLD BUILDING. Just wanted to say thanks. And wandered if there is other new buildings for all the games. I think this thread stopped at Late night. The latest is Katy Perry.

Quote: Originally posted by Rumpelteazer
Today I spend going back and forth between CAW and "edit in game" to make an accurate list of the minimum size of a lot needed to place rabbit holes on them. Most rabbit holes/decorative building have some free tiles around them, but without those I wasn't able to place the buildings without using the moveobject cheat. You can, of course, make the lot bigger to add more decorations and/or landscaping.

On the list are not only the rabbit holes but also decorative buildings that can be found in the same category in "edit in game". You might not have all the buildings on the list if you haven't downloaded Riverview or have WA installed.

Barn 12x19
Chinese Mausoleum 7x10
Egyptian Mausoleum 7x10
Specter Family Mausoleum 7x10
City Hall (big) 49x21
City Hall (small) 33x22
Community School for the Gifted 36x21
Truelong Community School 36x21
County Care General Hospital 34x27
Sacred Spleen Memorial Hospital 34x27
Divisadero Budget Books 10x15
EverFresh Delights Supermarket 13x17
Doo Peas Corporate Towers I (high) 23x23
Doo Peas Corporate Towers II (low) 23x23
Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner 18x11
Little Corsican Bistro 15x14
Sharma Day Spa 13x14
Sunflower Spa 13x14
Fort Gnome Military Base 42x42
Fort Salas Military Base 42x42
Landgraab Industries Science Dome 52x59
Landgraab Industries Science Facilities (science building) 36x21
Soil and Water Research Facilities (science building) 36x21
Llama Memorial Stadium 50x40
Athletic Announcer Sign 2x9
Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp. 22x22
Police Department 22x21
Radio Tower 21x20
Satellite Dish 15x15
Wilsinoff Community Theatre 17x25
Watertower 20x22
Watertower with checkered border 20x22

Enjoy!
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 1:26 AM
I need help. I started making a world today and I can't find any of the rabbitholes such as: the day spa, grocery store, stadium, etc. None of them are anywhere. Is there something I can do to find them or will I need to download them?
Mad Poster
#55 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 1:56 AM
The rabbit holes are all available in Build mode on community lots only.
The icon for them looks a bit like a shop front. I think it is labeled "community objects".

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#56 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 2:20 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#57 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 4:20 PM
im sorry, isn't a rabbit hole just an opportunity. and lot size as wanted while in caw, and the choice regardless. and my question only what size lot i would permit player to focus.?
Test Subject
#58 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 4:29 PM
or multiple opportunity lots/ restricted lot sizes. how do i restrict opportunity? player while select lot, select lot type.
Test Subject
#59 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 5:33 PM
using caw as a environment creator, per big white squire as that is all the hard drive is thinking about . so as how much yellow and red u use for layerthinking as the sim proses of hand to thought and ability changes per big white square, to free space allowing freer growth possibility / posable content need ed per layer. as well as resizing see caw if u dint like the world description play/sim attention span. much of this is worked out with mod the sim bare minimum pc ability , as sharing is posable when uploading create? right? lol i cant think this any smaller ,or u will never see it. utilizing space with out redundancy. what ever , thank u.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 7:24 PM
I assume you are not a native English speaker, tretjess? I find it difficult to know what you are asking.
I will try to answer your first question.
A rabbit hole is a community lot building that Sims can enter to work at or take skill classes but the player cannot see inside. Sometimes opportunities happen at these rabbit holes but some opportunies do not need a rabbit hole. Rabbit holes and opportunities are not the same thing.
The lot sizes given in this thread are the smallest lot sizes you need to be able to put these rabbit holes on them. You can have bigger lot sizes for these rabbit holes if you like.

Mesh Maestro
#61 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 9:55 PM
First, I wish to thank each of you for your efforts here, the lists have proven to be a time saver. I am curious, is there a compiled list oppossed to the several spread out through the three pages here? Thank you... JW

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JWoods
First, I wish to thank each of you for your efforts here, the lists have proven to be a time saver. I am curious, is there a compiled list oppossed to the several spread out through the three pages here? Thank you... JW

Most, up until Late Night, are available in a table on the wiki found here> http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...bbit_Hole_Sizes
It's not been updated for a while though.

Mesh Maestro
#63 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:22 PM
Thank you kindly... ^^

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#64 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 7:28 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 8th Sep 2012 at 7:45 AM.
I'm working to update it. It would be separated from Comm Lots.

I'm probably OCD'ing and obsessing on it too much. It's now gotten quite complicated, but I like that I can get different views of it. Let me transfer the stuff over from my local copy and then I'll publish the wiki links.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 9:16 PM Last edited by PWN9483 : 29th Mar 2013 at 9:45 PM.
Default University Sizes
The following are the lot sizes and type if you were to copy directly from University.
These are not the building sizes, these are the lot sizes from the expansion.
New to University lot types are highlighted in Bold

Name ---- Size --- Lot Type --- (as seen in CAW's EiG, if playing Sims3, in EiG some types are not available or listed)

Dive N Splash Pool 50x50 Pool
Pump You Up Gym 50x50 Gym
Keith's Komic's 50x40 Nerd Shop Sims attracted to this use the new Social Nerd status
Simburger 30x30 Visitors Allowed
25 Frames Cinema 50x50 Visitors Allowed
Dormitory 50x50 Dormitory * (If type is touched in Sims 3 EiG this will default to Academy)
B's Bowlarama 40x40 Arcade
The Grotto 40x50 Rebel Hangout Sims attracted to this use the new Social Rebel status
Roasted Toasted Beans 40x30 Java Hut (in Sims 3 EiG type not listed, will default to Coffee Shop)
Busche School of Science 60x40 Visitors Allowed
School of Science Proving Ground 20x20 Group Science Park
Schmidt Memorial Stadium and Annex 64x64 Visitors Allowed
Thomas School of Art 40x40 Visitors Allowed
Conners Student Union Building 50x30 Student Union
St John Administration Center 30x50 Visitors Allowed
Howard Memorial Library 50x30 Library
Nichols School of Business 50x50 Visitors Allowed
University Bookstore 60x40 (non specified)
Night Own Foods 30x30 Visitors Allowed

* A note about Dormitory's. These are Community lots, if you switch to Residential you can make these Apartment buildings)
There's also the Option in CAW only (not available within Sims 3 game EiG) to make these Sorority or Fraternity houses.

Rabbithole rugs are available from http://www.modthesims.info/d/498225

Edit: Updated rabbit-hole rugs link
Field Researcher
#66 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 12:37 AM
Default Thanks!
Thanks a ton for posting this! Just what I was looking for. Have a world going, and just got University, so I wanted to finish the world up, with lots ready for the newer buildings. Can't express how much this is appreciated!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by PWN9483
The following are the lot sizes and type if you were to copy directly from University.
These are not the building sizes, these are the lot sizes from the expansion.
New to University lot types are highlighted in Bold

Name ---- Size --- Lot Type --- (as seen in CAW's EiG, if playing Sims3, in EiG some types are not available or listed)

Dive N Splash Pool 50x50 Pool
Pump You Up Gym 50x50 Gym
Keith's Komic's 50x40 Nerd Shop Sims attracted to this use the new Social Nerd status
Simburger 30x30 Visitors Allowed
25 Frames Cinema 50x50 Visitors Allowed
Dormitory 50x50 Dormitory * (If type is touched in Sims 3 EiG this will default to Academy)
B's Bowlarama 40x40 Arcade
The Grotto 40x50 Rebel Hangout Sims attracted to this use the new Social Rebel status
Roasted Toasted Beans 40x30 Java Hut (in Sims 3 EiG type not listed, will default to Coffee Shop)
Busche School of Science 60x40 Visitors Allowed
School of Science Proving Ground 20x20 Group Science Park
Schmidt Memorial Stadium and Annex 64x64 Visitors Allowed
Thomas School of Art 40x40 Visitors Allowed
Conners Student Union Building 50x30 Student Union
St John Administration Center 30x50 Visitors Allowed
Howard Memorial Library 50x30 Library
Nichols School of Business 50x50 Visitors Allowed
University Bookstore 60x40 (non specified)
Night Own Foods 30x30 Visitors Allowed

* A note about Dormitory's. These are Community lots, if you switch to Residential you can make these Apartment buildings)
There's also the Option in CAW only (not available within Sims 3 game EiG) to make these Sorority or Fraternity houses.

Rabbithole rugs are available from http://simsl3gacies.com/?page_id=2590

Will update actual building sizes (not just the lots) when I have the time to place just the buildings. Might be a while, there's sun outside.... :p
Test Subject
#67 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PiT91
yes, you do. You need AT LEAST lots that are big as the rabbit hole, or more, unless you do want them to be on your roads. =)

If you have Luna Lakes you can place the community lots from that world via your build mode onto a 30 x 30 lot, rename it, and build your own building around it, it works, I created a new world in CAW, set out my 30 x 30 lots, went into in game mode and placed the Luna Lakes community lots onto my created lots, renamed them and then built my own buildings around them and then exported the world and installed it into my game and tried it out, everything worked OK.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 6:20 AM
Came across this site and it's been a real help, with pictures and everything!
http://sims3createaworld.wordpress....create-a-world/
Mad Poster
#69 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 8:19 PM
Is there an update to the minimum lot sizes for rabbit holes? I've tried placing the base game hospital in a 30x40 lot, which according to the requirements in the first post, is more than enough space. Are those lot sizes the minimum size that allow placement of rabbit holes without using the move objects cheat?
Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squircle
Came across this site and it's been a real help, with pictures and everything!
http://sims3createaworld.wordpress....create-a-world/

Handy, sadly not updated past Sunlit Tides.

I've found another blog that covers all community lot's from base to ITF. It's only drawback is it doesn't include the actual rabbit hole sizes, it is however a comprehensive & nicely organized list.
http://sims3clc.blogspot.com/
Page 3 of 3