Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 6:15 AM Last edited by Deatherella : 14th Jan 2010 at 4:33 PM.
Default Apocalypse Wow! ( TS2 Building Contest) CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST
APOCALYPSE WOW!

This contest is an apocalyptic building challenge using only ingame and MTS cc objects.
All lots will be built using items and building materials that look like they survived? an apocalypse.
Contestants build their own original lots.
Sims must be original characters. It is fine by me if these Sims have been used in other contests, stories, etc, on MTS. They are just here to tell their short, sad little stories.

A. Lots judged on building, landscaping, decorating. The entries should look like they survived an end-world scenario.
B. Homes do not need to be completely furnished -- only need to have enough items for a Sim to have the basic necessities since most of it would've been trashed or stolen in the past.
C. Minimum Pics for each round:
Overhead of each floor.
2 Outside shots from different angles showing exterior of home and landscaping.
1 or 2 of each room.
2 pics of your Sim enjoying his/her new home.
D. Use the 4 Sims' personalities to fit them into the assorted Rounds.

This is a building contest with minimal? decorating. The lots have to be habitable, not full of stuff unless the creator deems it necessary. Each contestant decides his/her own cc level for the round. Scoring will be based on rule adherence and creativity -- mostly creativity.

If anyone has any other questions, just ask. This is my time as a contest host, so let me know if I'm forgetting anything. I have no prizes at the moment since I have only ever made wallpaper for The Sims 2.

TIME SCHEDULE

Applications : Tues. 5 Jan. - Fri. 8 Jan.
Round 1 : Trailer Trash : 9 Jan. - 13 Jan.
Round 2 : Redneck Range : 15 Jan. - 19 Jan.
Round 3 : Sound Sanctuary : 21 Jan - 25 Jan
Round 4 : Paupered Palace : 27 Jan - 31 Jan
Entries are due by midnight CST I will post the rounds up by the date they are to begin, but don't post your entries until the preceding round's scores have been posted. There are 5 days for each round with a possible extra day for extensions, with two days for scoring.

JUDGES
1. Zela
2. Lavaster

Emergency Judges
1. aba23

Applications:
Invent 4 Sims. On a small lot, provide them with a homeless type area to live in -- outside area with outdoor amenities. Example; small tent city, sleeping under a bridge. Use the smallest size lot to save time and trouble.
These Sims will get lucky and move on to their newly claimed homes in the rounds.
1. The Sims need to be ragged individuals of various species. Examples: zombie, bag lady. Each Sim needs a brief bio including how they ended up living on the loose.
2. The lot only needs to be a rough-n-tumble area that the 4 Sims will temporarily call home.

CONTESTANTS
1. Ghost_sdoj Ap

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 6:15 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 1.5.10
Ends 2.5.10
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 5:09 PM
checking in

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Inventor
#4 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 6:21 PM
Oooh. Wouldn't mind being a judge. This sounds like a great contest, and I would join but I uninstalled sims 2 a week or so ago. But I'm fine with a judging spot if that is alright...?

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 9:03 PM
Nice finally a contest again. Building is not my hing but I would sign up as emergency judge.

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 9:27 PM
Has anyone signed up for a judge yet, besides Zela. (Judge, not emergency judge)
I'd like to be a judge, if that's alright with you... how will the scoring be based? Like 0/10? 0/5 stars...?

ENTJ
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 12:41 AM
I'll put you three down for the judging positions you asked for.
Thanks. Now, let's hope for some contestants.

Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 6:04 AM
I think I hear an echo

I hope we get some interested parties in the near future. And, I need a few more judges if anyone is interested.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 2:10 PM
I'd really like to join because of the Theme, but to be honest, I have no Idea where I got my apocalyptic CC from... And it would take me too long to redownload everything. At least I could use Adele's Apokalyptein-Set... But wait, that's from her Homepage too! See what I mean? That's just too much redownloading and sorting out the CC I didn't downloaded on MTS... It's not worth the time. At least for me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 2:21 PM Last edited by Deatherella : 7th Jan 2010 at 8:16 PM.
If that's a big problem for everyone, I could change that rule. I put it in out of loyalty to this great site.

I took that rule out so hopefully that'll get some interested people entering.

Inventor
#11 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 2:30 PM
The contest bit of this forum has been a little dry for a while so I hope this heats up and more people join.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 2:25 PM
count me in! sounds like fun. cant see why no one else wants to join in, great idea! :D

one question...is this sims 2 or sims 3?
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 2:50 PM
crutchfieldt, it's Sims 2 contest.

Since my time schedule has Round 1 beginning tomorrow and there are still no applications, I will post it as scheduled and run applications through that round, as well. Hopefully I'll get some biters.

Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 4:37 PM
:/ i did'nt read the top... it plainly say ts2 building contest... (slaps self)

count me in. lets hope i get some competition.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 6:41 PM
Thanks Crutchfieldt. Can't wait to see your application.

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 11:16 PM
Thanks for adding me! I have one question, (I think I put it on my application comment) but I'll ask you when we get close to having contestants! I'll help out by advertising this in my signature, and my journal (which I don't think anyone reads, lol), my siggy on the BBS, and yeaaa... and if I post anything like an upload anywhere, if I can, I'll advertise. :D

ENTJ
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 1:39 AM
Thanks, Lavaster. I hope it draws in some more people.

Site Helper
#18 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 4:50 AM
Princess Valrys has a tendency to get into things she shouldn't. So when a burst of energy was detected from another world she took her bodyguard, Panther, and cast a transfer spell to see what was happening there.

Whether her timing was fortunate or not depends on your point of view... Her older sister Shandra was also caught in the spell.

Shortly after they arrived, Valrys spotted a vampire in bat form returning to his coffin and followed him. Once the sun was up she opened the coffin and spent the day enhancing him. In return for making him immune to daylight he offered to show them around.

Lot:

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 5:06 AM
Thanks, Ghost for the first entry. I'll add you to the list.

Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 9:05 AM
kk. so im kinda new to contests. shall i just upload my photos an stuff, or do i have to do something else?
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crutchfieldt
kk. so im kinda new to contests. shall i just upload my photos an stuff, or do i have to do something else?

Just your photos and add in your short story about the characters in the application lot.

Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 5:45 PM
Default Round 1 - Trailer Trash (9-13 January)
Round 1 : Trailer Trash
Lucky Sim # 1 has found the mobile home of his/her dreams.
Build your Sim a tasty trailer house -- a little something that looks more like it belongs in the junkyard than the trailer park. Any size mobile home is fine. Use a skinny 2 wide or long lot, giving your Sim the usual smidgeon of a "yard" a person would get in real life.
Show your Sim enjoying his/her life in a sardine can. Tell us a little about it.

Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 10:04 AM Last edited by crutchfieldt : 11th Jan 2010 at 10:04 AM.
Default Application
Ok, so heres my application...
A planet, ravaged by the great apocolype, with few surviviors to tell the tale.
I say a few...
Every tale needs someone to tell it...

I will probably use theese characters each round, as i really like them and their back story. Was the dog a bit cheeky He's not technically a Sim so i hope thats ok

:edit: thanks to ghost for the help, lets hope it works this time! :D
Site Helper
#24 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 3:23 PM
You need to upload your pictures to someplace like Image Shack or photobucket and then copy the links into your post. There's a tutorial on posting pictures here http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=337371

Along with a few other useful picture tutorials that you can find here http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=581

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 5:31 PM
Crutchfieldt, I hope Ghost's answer helped you with the pics. I use photobucket myself and that usually gets the job done nicely.
I just wanted to let you two know that if we don't get the minimum number of contestants needed before the time for Round 1 expires I'll have to close this contest.

Page 1 of 2