Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous Gardening Tasks (weed, water, harvest, fertilize, dispose)

by mikey Posted 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:17 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2014 at 6:10 PM by mikey : Included "ala carte" downloads

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:29 PM
Thanks! This all helps to make this the game hte Sims should have been
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:40 PM
This one I have missed from the beginning. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:56 PM
I hate to ask this, but... this will not work with 1.4? I have just wondered if things dont automatically work with lower versions. But, I know, this game is so darn picky about everything! Thanks, regardless, as this will come in super handy, when I do have to patch.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 5:10 PM
This is what I am looking for. I can't wait to test it. Thanks a lot!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 5:52 PM
Thanks a lot for this useful hack!
hexameter
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by courtneyshea
I hate to ask this, but... this will not work with 1.4? I have just wondered if things dont automatically work with lower versions. But, I know, this game is so darn picky about everything! Thanks, regardless, as this will come in super handy, when I do have to patch.

You are absolutely correct, it is "Picky"! All I can tell you is to try it and see what happens, it should work. The Water action occurs at level 0, while the weed and fertilize occur at level 2, I believe.

I tested with two new sims at the Monotone. Had them plant and water until they achieved level 2 and then let them go. They continued to water, weed, and fertilize on their own. But the more things you add for them to do (watch tv, swim in pool, work at job, read books, etc the less likely they are to carry this out in a timely fashion. Garden actions can be interrupted, so if one sim is doing gardening and another sim wants to talk to them, they will stop gardening to talk.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:53 PM
A quick question. What will be used for fertilizing, if there're many could be chosen in the Sims' inventory?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry
A quick question. What will be used for fertilizing, if there're many could be chosen in the Sims' inventory?

One of the EA updates was the option to use "Best Fertilizer Available". So it depends on what your sim has in their inventory, if they don't have anything to use, they will not fertilize.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 7:32 PM
Oh my god... Lot's of my plants are disappeared. I am using WA 2.3.3.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 8:07 PM Last edited by werismyki : 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:24 AM.
Updated at 15:00 2 Jan 10 - discovered some extra code, I was testing, I forgot to remove. It has been removed and the only thing left is the tuning sections. If you downloaded the original version posted, redownload and replace the original. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 2:51 AM
Hi werismyki, I found all my plants from World Adventures are all gone. For example, grapes, cherry, pomelo, etc.. The ones belong to the original Sims game are OK. It never happens before. You'd better double check your code.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 4:27 AM
LOL
You silly goose, it's 2010 =]

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kylebeans
LOL
You silly goose, it's 2010 =]

Good Grief! Never gave that a second thought, til now. LOL Thanks!
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 9:55 AM
where did you get the hair and shoes for your sim shown in the picture?
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 7:43 PM
Thank you for fixing the WA flora issue so quickly. I've been anticipating using this mod because while my Sims can plant on community lots (with the help of Awesomemod), they cannot tend to them without your mod. Now they may do so and keep their home gardens beautiful on their own.

A note about that "dispose dead plants" command in the game: When you direct Sims to dispose of the dead plants, they WILL dispose of the death flower, so if you have any in your garden you wish to keep, don't allow them to dispose of plants unless you are directly supervising them! A Sim with the trait of Green Thumb will be able to revive dead plants after a while (midway or higher up the Gardening skill ladder). That might have been the "revive" command you were remembering, werismyki.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 7:28 AM
I think you're correct, that's the one I was thinking of. Everyone plays differently and I didnt want to throw that in and force the issue. I, personally, dont use the revive option. I grow plants with the intention to upgrade quality each time and therefore often dispose of them even before they die on their own. As I have said before on my other mods, "It's all about options and choices."
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 9:03 PM
I love this mod, thanks, but is it compatible with Chaavik's less hygiene while gardening?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by garbage364
I love this mod, thanks, but is it compatible with Chaavik's less hygiene while gardening?

I did a search for "Garden" on this site and found 4 other mods relating to gardening:
  • Faster Garden Tasks Series - by Chaavik
  • Less Hygiene Decay From Garden Work - by Chaavik
  • Children can Garden Mod by XLStormyLX
  • More Harvestables + longer life for plants by [Black_Spirit]

Bold = Compatible
Italic = Not Compatible (edit/alter the same section of code)
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 5:52 AM
hi,do you mean I can do other things without caring for plants? thanks~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yudier003
hi,do you mean I can do other things without caring for plants? thanks~

Yes, In Theory. This mod enabled autonomous gardening tasks and adds fun to the tasks so sims will do them without being directed by you. You may still want to keep an eye on them from time to time to make sure though. Remember, they wont rush out at 5 am to garden every morning, it may be broken up over different parts of the day or they may do it all at once. It depends how busy they are with other things and their mood. Enjoy!
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 6:34 AM
Thanks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 6:04 PM
After gardening for a bit now, thanks to the autonomous actions, I have noticed the hygiene loss. When I looked into it, they were set a bit high (-50). I looked at Chaavik's mod and made the same changes to mine. Both downloads now include the less hygiene addition.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#24 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 9:29 AM
Thanks for the useful mod I use the version without the removal of the dead plants (because my green thumb sims are trying to revive Death Flower bushes...), and it works perfectly with WA v. 2.3.3.

As a matter of personal taste, I don't like when random family members, or even guests, go and harvest my precious Life Plants, so I edited myself your mod (for personal use, of course), and disabled the autonomous interaction for the Harvest command.
BTW, I didn't understand that the Harvest interaction was included in the autonomous actions, because the mod description (and thread title) only mentions Water, Weed and Fertilize.

If other people are interested in such variation of your mod, you may think to create an alternative download, with or without Autonomous Harvest (you might even think to split the mod in separate packages, so people can "build" their preferred gardening mod ).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 3:14 PM
I, originally, went through gameplaydata searching for any reference to gardening and included any find in the package. Then I started eliminating sections to get down to those I actually wanted to include.

You are correct, it does include Harvest and the scenario, you mentioned, wasn't one I had considered. The reason I did include it, any sim can harvest on any lot. Which I have seen multiple instances where my sims went to community lots and harvested nearby plants.

Again you would be correct in the omission of this action from the title and description, and it appears that an overhaul is in order. As I have mentioned before, it's about options and choices.

Thanks for the kind words and the heads up! Update forthcoming.
Page 1 of 3