Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 6112 times.
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 11:40 PM
Default How do you get here? (Champs Le Sims possible spoilers)

It's a lot. Clicking it gives you the "Visit" option. But I can't route to it. I initially thoguht there was a little land bridge...

But it was just an overseen water artifact.

Is this adventure related or is there some other way to get there?
Advertisement
transmogrified
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 11:44 PM
Zeneport, using meditation skill gained at level 5 of martial arts.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 11:48 PM
Oh. There's no other way? That's weird. Pretty cool I guess, though. Now to see if you can change lot types in destinations...once I explore that place it'd be an awesome spot for a mini vacation home.
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 4:07 AM
I think it was France, but I am not sure, that has a residential lot on an island that you must zenport to get there.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 4:13 AM
I am wondering if things like this are why the game sometimes hangs for a while while I am exploring.

When I tried to walk to this island, the game would hang, as it was trying to route me there. And I've had the game hang a few times, ONLY in foreign lands, and I am wondering if it's things like this trying to be routed to by other sims?
Instructor
#6 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 4:20 AM
You are probably "wondering" right Claeric. People creating worlds right now have ran into the problem of routing causing lags in created worlds with islands that did not have bridges or something to them.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 1:42 PM
There is a tomb that leads to this island. Though it seems most would rather just zenoport to the island and skip to tomb, it does exist.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 2:05 PM
The tomb is well worth exploring. There IS an island in Egypt which is buyable, MUST xeneport or use the teleport pad to get there/back.
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 5:22 PM
How does Xeneporting work?

I "earned" it halfway through level 5, but now I'm level 10 and I can't seem to do it anymore.
transmogrified
#10 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 5:45 PM
To zeneport, a Sim needs to meditate for 5 Sim hours. They then float inside a sphere of green light. Click to a spot on the ground within sight of the Sim and select Zeneport.

I can't wait to return to France and find the tomb that leads to the island. Zeneporting there was profitable, but not adventurey.
Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 8:39 PM
Oh jeez, you have to do it for 5 hours before it's available? That's stupid.
transmogrified
#12 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 10:03 PM
I prefer that it not be instantaneous. Otherwise, one would be wasting time to work through the puzzles in the tombs instead of just zeneporting past 'em. However, for the impatient, there is a teleport cheat: Game Help:Sims 3 Cheatswiki.
Eminence Grise
staff: moderator
#13 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 10:26 PM
Chellemh is right, though. The "real" way to get there is via the other tomb (which is a completely optional tomb, I believe -- no special key required -- though you will need Pangu's Axe to get in). And it's a tricky one, took me a while to solve all its puzzles
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 11:36 PM
Go the tomb route. It's well worth it because it's stocked with lots of good stuff. My Sim made over 30k in that tomb alone. You have to have the axe first, smash the boulders, and then you'll find it. Make sure you have ample time because it's a bit long.
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 5:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdMaxx
Go the tomb route. It's well worth it because it's stocked with lots of good stuff. My Sim made over 30k in that tomb alone. You have to have the axe first, smash the boulders, and then you'll find it. Make sure you have ample time because it's a bit long.

I got stuck there! I know there is more to it, because I can't get to the island yet, but I can't figure it out. Could someone help me?
Eminence Grise
staff: moderator
#16 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 9:42 PM
That is a tough one I had to look it up to get all the way through it. Google is your friend though; you'll find quite a few tomb walkthroughs posted online.

Section jump