Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Addelai Skeffington (Now with link to Jeans!)

by Claeric Posted 9th Feb 2010 at 10:46 AM - Updated 11th Feb 2010 at 12:07 AM by Claeric

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 11:07 AM
Yesss! Here is he! Good job!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 11:14 AM
aww I like his little story I'll make sure he gets some friends Very unique sim with bags of character in his face. Thanks!!
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 11:37 AM
Great stuff Claeric!
Theorist
#5 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 11:47 AM
Yay he's uploaded!

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 12:05 PM
Cute unique sim with lots of character in his face and a good backstory, nice work!
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 1:04 PM
what a unique face
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 1:03 PM
He might not be the most attractive facially. But he surely must be the most attractive to play. I love the story and how things (although very weirdly combined) go so well together. Truly worth playing!!!
Inventor
#9 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 1:15 PM
Hey - what a unique looking sim! I don't like beautiful barbie sims and only some make real looking sims - many thanks for him.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 1:29 PM
What a creative...and most expressive looking sim....he's quite unique...and I find myself fascinated with him ....thank you for sharing Addelai..
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#11 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 2:16 PM
Great job, Claeric. This is a pretty cool sim, and I love his story - very imaginative!

Now, I'm trying to download the cc hair, and even though I'm translating the page, I still can't figure out how to download it. ARRRGGG! Can you help me, please? :-)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 2:24 PM
Looks pretty good and unique, i think the colors are a bit over the top, but that's easily changed, if you don't like it

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 3:15 PM
Oh god, I have a new favorite sim. Nice job - love the story... and the look on his face xD
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 3:40 PM
I love him! He's brilliant.
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 4:21 PM
Tack så mycket!

Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 4:32 PM
I agree... unique face... but this guy is strange... :l
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 5:15 PM
To download the hair you must register with the forum, Google translate can help.
Very interesting sim, he will make a nice addition to the neighborhood, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 6:05 PM
I downloaded the hair without having to register for anything, but it required random button clicking. Look for the downward-pointing green arrow symbol for downloads. This is the very first sim I've downloaded for Sims 3; something about him just really appeals to me. Great work!
Banned
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 6:17 PM
He might not be the most attractive facially.

Ooooh! D:< He is beautiful! I love him. :3

Looks pretty good and unique, i think the colors are a bit over the top, but that's easily changed, if you don't like it

He looks just as nice with normal skin, yes. But he looks horrible horrible with short hair. He was built based on his original hairstyle, so his features are really really suited to long, full hair.

This is the very first sim I've downloaded for Sims 3; something about him just really appeals to me.

Yaaay :D

Thank you to the rest of you, I was so worried after all the time it took to upload nobody would even be interested in him. But in a day he's got more comments than Tarzan! :D
Scholar
#20 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 6:23 PM Last edited by summersong86 : 10th Feb 2010 at 5:11 PM. Reason: To shorten up the post to add more pertinent info.
Oh wow, this is freaky. Not the sim, but the fact I log on today and meet this sim when I was thinking just yesterday what kind of sim personality do you get if you have a loner who has the friendly trait...maybe even along with charismatic or flirty and has to live with the seeming conflicts? I've got conflicting social traits myself which makes me friendly enough here on forums but in person I am hard to get to know. We'll see how his character develops.

I have found a perfect neighborhood for him. I am not doing this now but there is a challenge neighborhood here:Alpine Shores

There's this lot there that is just PERFECT for a guy who fell into a boat and has landed into the world with hardly anything to his name but sapphire earrings! I had given up on this hood shortly after downloading it because I just didn't have the right character to play that lot. The lot and Addelai can both gradually clean up a bit. This is definitely a storyline I don't want to rush! I will play it after I finish out my Sherman and Hal neighborhood.

Thanks so much for sharing this intriguing Sim with us. I like his skintone. It's unique but not overdone.

Ahh...edit to add thanks to JeromyCraig for the advice on downloading the hair. Okay off I go to give it a try!

Um, what's the name of the file? I have gotten to a Rayfile Downloads page for a file named: di8.rar and I'm on this page: http://www.rayfile.com/en/files/983...b798a/12876392/

Am I on the right place? I didn't see any downwards pointing arrow thingy on the page Claeric pointed us to so I clicked the rectangle that said Downloads and ended up on the file share site, where I then clicked on English tab so I could see what I was doing.

Edit: About Alpine Shores--I'm experiencing some lag in that world. It seems to be that world and not my cc.
Banned
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 6:51 PM
You click the flashing download button, then you get to a page with one tiny button on it with a green arrow pointing to the right. Then you gt a download link.

http://cachefile35.rayfile.com/zh-c...c208e00/di8.rar

Dunno if it'll work, but there's a direct link....

a guy who fell into a boat and has landed into the world with hardly anything to his name but sapphire earrings!

That sounds so pretty. ;-;
Scholar
#22 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:30 PM
Yep that's the page and file all right--I mean the one that's in my post. Got it! The one you provide in the post below mine came up with a page that said IE can't display the web page. It may work in some other browser though. Anyway at least now people have two more direct links they can try. The file is di8.rar. I did end up with a corrupt file when I tried to unrar the one I got clicking on the English Tab. So I went back to the Chinese (?) page and redownloaded it and it unpacked just fine.

Darn it, I had no intention of playing him just yet because I only just last night gave Hal and Sherman a new home (meaning I finally got Sherman off the danged RiverView farm and gave up on the idea that the floozies they were living with were better for them than each other) and built them extended families and built out a bigger story for them with these people. But now I just HAVE to play Addelai on Alpine Shores. I don't really want to switch between worlds because I need "moar peeples" on worlds started from scratch. So I'm going to migrate everyone over to join Addelai. It will be hilarious if he only ends up shunning all the "invaders" anyway!

I'm going to definitely send over Sherman & Hal's ex girlfriends to annoy him with unwanted flirts. Hal's ex is a schmoozer who wants to be a star news anchor. I'd love to see how Addelai reacts to a dose of HER for a day. Yikes! Those girls turned out to be the most annoying characters I have ever met/created. But it turned out to be for the better because Sherman and Hal developing slowly into a couple turned out to be a fantastically entertaining storyline. I only wish I'd blogged it. The girls' melodramatic reactions to discovering them in an innocent flirt was the most over the top hilarious thing ever! It just pushed me over the edge and I was like fine, witches--in your face! They're going to boot you out and get engaged. Chew on THAT, ladies.

I'm going to alter and add in a trait like Excitable or Over Emotional to one of the girls before I send her over for Addelai to deal with her. Ahhh, wicked gleee! Thanks ever so much for creating such a fascinating guy who just cooks my imagination into overdrive! Much needed, because I tend to make my own sims so Stepforded.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:36 PM
where do i get those tattered pants from?
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#24 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:41 PM
#25 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:40 PM
Hey Claeric, congratulations on the upload! He looks like he'd make an interesting character in the game. I'm glad you made changes to his hair too, 'cause I remember it looking different in Creator Feedback. It looks much better now.
Page 1 of 3