Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:43 AM
Default You've Been Playing The Sims 3 To Much When...
I loved this thread for the Sims 2 and think The Sims 3 Should have one too.
I know I have been playing to much when
I think to myself I wish I had a color tool to change the color of my room
Or when I wish yI could motherlode to get more money.

So how do you know you've been playing to much

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:53 AM
When I meet new people I try to think of their traits =)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:12 AM
when you see some fugly person and start thinking how you could make them look better in CAS!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:26 AM
When you get jealous of your sims because when they're out of work all they have to do is go to a rabbithole and they get a job instantly... sigh...

When you walk around looking at buildings and gardens and thinking about how you would make that in-game.

When clothes shopping for your sims (aka custom content browsing) is more fun than shopping for yourself (after all, it doesn't cost money to give your sim a convertible, designer dress and a 60x60 mansion).

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:11 AM
Lol i always walk around and look at buildings thinking Hey i could build that in TS3

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:32 AM
Or when I wish yI could motherlode to get more money
i need this cheat in real life please!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:30 AM
Well you start spouting out random Simlish around people that don't play the game Or when someone turns a stereo on and you start to do the wiggle sim dance.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:38 AM
Quote:
Well you start spouting out random Simlish around people that don't play the game Or when someone turns a stereo on and you start to do the wiggle sim dance.

I've done both of these... worse yet, the last time I did it, some other random girl started in as well, leaving the poor target utterly befuddled.
Banned
#9 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:43 AM
You feel really tired, or hungry, and just wish you could TestingCheats your motives up, without actually having to get up. >>;

Or you want to rearrange your house, or change the color scheme of it, and you wish you could open Create a Style, and just go from there.
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 7:03 AM
When you know and use too many slang terms and abbreviations that non-sim players start looking at you funny like:

"What the hell is a CAS?!!?"

Late dawns and early sunsets just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect just like up on the screen
Forum Resident
#11 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 8:40 AM Last edited by chyrun : 18th Feb 2010 at 8:51 AM.
When you look into a mirror in the game and get frustrated because you can't see your own reflection. Happens to me all the time.

And when you want to pause or fast forward life. I find myself often looking for the number 3 key.

And when you wish you could get the trait that lets you skip work without your boss noticing.
Inventor
#12 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:05 PM
When you see a random rock by the side of the road and wonder if there's a gem inside.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
#13 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:07 PM
When you start referring to your emotions as Moodlets.
Theorist
#14 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
And when you want to pause or fast forward life. I find myself often looking for the number 3 key.

I do this all the time when I'm downloading things. Download managers need to have a speed 3 button!
Instructor
#15 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 4:30 PM
Telling your family you have the turkey moodlet in your mood panel.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 4:30 PM
When you visit somebody's house and ask "Is that sofa CC?"

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
#17 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fernweather
When you visit somebody's house and ask "Is that sofa CC?"

LOL...now way! You didn't say it out loud, did you?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
LOL...now way! You didn't say it out loud, did you?

Oh, god, I hope not.

I do find myself looking at buildings all the time, though, and wondering how I could recreate them in build mode. Also, when I see people with... erm... interesting facial features, I often make a mental note to try to recreate them later in CAS.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Scholar
#19 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 6:38 PM
When you're looking through furniture catalogs to replace your badly worn sofa and loveseat set and you see a style of furniture you like but the fabric is all wrong--and mentally start applying CAS to it in all earnestness thinking yeah, you'll get that. Then sadly, you realize this isn't Sims3 and they offer that set only in 5 variations of beige and one ugly leather and an even more hideous floral. No matter how much you point to your own favorite curtains and back at the sofa, the pattern is NOT going to transfer so give it up, dearie.
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 8:43 PM
how about when you start to dream in Sim form...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 8:49 PM
When you say outloud ''Aww Plumbbobs I forgot to go to work''

or ''is that Table downloaded from the Exchange?"'

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/...trustrich-1.jpg

How do we know why a child waves at his parents on a merry-go round and the parents always wave back?
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 9:45 PM
...when everyone in your neighborhood looks alike.
#23 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:05 PM Last edited by CharmingFirewaller : 19th Feb 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Remisc
...when everyone in your neighborhood looks alike.

If only we had default replacements in real life.
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 6:40 AM
when you want to change your hairstyle and hair color, but imagine doing it in CAS.
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 12:20 AM
I do the same thing with mirrors in-game. That's usually my sign to take a break and get out of the game.
Page 1 of 9