Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 2 Medieval Hat and Hood by bettye, Converted for Sims 3 - One Male, One Unisex

by Esmeralda Posted 6th Mar 2010 at 2:59 AM - Updated 14th Jun 2010 at 10:56 AM by EsmeraldaF : Added alternative version of plumed hat

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 5:46 AM
Very nice!! I hope you will convert some more of her things. I love those clothing items!

Thank you very much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Very nice!! I hope you will convert some more of her things. I love those clothing items!

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately, TS2 clothing is a LOT more difficult to convert than headwear; 'clothing' is actually a full body mesh, hands and all, which means having to painstakingly reassign every bone in the whole body to new joints,whereas a head only has one joint - hence why I make a lot of TS2 headwear but the only TS2 clothing/body mesh I've converted was the Servo, and that was enough of a nightmare! But I do want to see if I can maybe modify some TS3 meshes to look similar enough to her medieval clothes, and re-use the textures on them. Still LOADS of work, though, unfortunately!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 11:26 AM
Oooh, I loooove headwear and hats!! Great job, I can't get enough hats!
Would be fab if you did some robes too... (Harry PotterPotter-hint hint)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 2:53 PM
Fantastic! These will help so much with my medieval/fantasy hood.
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 2:55 PM
Awesome! Thank you

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 3:09 PM
I LOVE YOU FOR THIS.

I've been waiting forever for a hood for one of my machinima characters, so thanks times infinity! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 4:00 PM
This is great(: But I actually want to know if we can get the the first model sim, with the brown hood on. He's adorable!
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 4:18 PM
Thank you very much! I've been wanting to get medieval stuff for TS3 since it came out... I really hope to see more like this
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WholeWheatBread
This is great(: But I actually want to know if we can get the the first model sim, with the brown hood on. He's adorable!

Ha ha, thanks, but that's my hubby's sim-self (with hair colour and style changed to make him incognito!) - I'm not sharing him!
Scholar
#11 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 5:04 PM
thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 9:03 PM
I love these! Now all I need is clothes and my medevial sims can live again.
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 11:45 PM
Great job EsmeraldaF i loved the Plumed Hat keep going

Knight Of The Moon
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 12:17 AM
wow! I love there thank you! I was also wondering where you found the hair for the sim in the brown hood, its exactly what i was looking for!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayalet
wow! I love there thank you! I was also wondering where you found the hair for the sim in the brown hood, its exactly what i was looking for!

As mentioned in the Overview description, it's just the women's straight shoulder length hair that came with TS3, which I recategorised for men and included the .package file in the download .zip for the hood.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:48 AM
AWESOME! ~ Thanks!

free custom contet for The Sims 2 and for The Sims 3

Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:42 PM
This is absolutely lovely, and almost exactly what I've been hoping to find. Thank you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 2:13 PM
I love the hood, thanks!

resistance is useless.
ALL MY CREATIONS are on garden of shadows, check them out! (rh)
Field Researcher
#19 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 3:02 PM
Thank you. You did a beautiful job of converting my meshes. I just wish the clothing was not so hard to convert. I am supposed to have eye surgery in a month or so and then maybe I will be able to at least try to get into a Sims 3 mesh, or try to convert one of my old ones.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bettye
Thank you. You did a beautiful job of converting my meshes. I just wish the clothing was not so hard to convert. I am supposed to have eye surgery in a month or so and then maybe I will be able to at least try to get into a Sims 3 mesh, or try to convert one of my old ones.

It would be fantastic if you could convert some of your clothes! Thank you again for letting me convert these hats, and very best of luck with the eye operation, I hope it will enable you to make some new creations!
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 10:08 PM
Nice, I love the hood (and I'm really wondering wear the first models hair is from... the black haired boy...? *hopeful hint*)
I hope a cloak will be out soon too! It would go so perfectly
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FeindFyre
Nice, I love the hood (and I'm really wondering wear the first models hair is from... the black haired boy...? *hopeful hint*)

Thanks! As I mentioned in the description in the Overview page (and in my comment number 15 on this page), the black hair is the women's straight shoulder length hair that comes with TS3, converted to male and included in the .zip file for the hood.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 3:45 AM
Huzzah. Thankee moste kindely. They art beauteous!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 3:59 AM Last edited by CormorantEnt : 18th Oct 2010 at 3:19 PM. Reason: Constructive feedback
Currently testing this out for a (fake!)Magi character. Will see if it works.

Update: It works brilliantly! The Mystery Wanderer still doesn't look exactly like he's supposed to, but getting that to happen would require an entire Nativity stuff pack, which I'm not counting on. I will be referencing this on Utterly Sims 3, since MW has no hood otherwise.

Here's a look if you want to know more.
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 5:53 PM
Hi, Thanks for this hood, it's great. I really really really want some kind of christian monkish clothing to match the hood
for males of all ages, has anyone got any ideas where I can get this or even better feeling creative? I am currently using EA St Nick recoloured, but it is not, strangely, available for elders, so no fat elderly santa's in the sims3! Any advice, hints where to find out how to convert clothing to elders, or anyone who might make it, would be gratefully received.
Page 1 of 2