Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 10:24 PM
Default Jean Necteaux's Secret Nectar Recipe
Impossible to get the recipe.

I have gotten past the traps and such. And gotten to the room where there are several mummy coffins standing upright. And one of them contains the recipe right? It was shining when I got there. BUT I can't get the recipe?!

It was shining, and when I clicked on it the options I got here "Woohoo with..." and "View"! There was no "look inside" or something! Did I do something wrong? I came here earlier maybe that's why?

Can I restart this whole quest?
I right clicked the mission and canceled this, but when I got the quest again I just could not get the recipe!

Screenshots
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 11:28 AM
Have you done this quest before as another sim, or looted that particular sarcophagus while it was not a quest item? If so, the sarcophagus cannot be looked inside again. Ever. Get AWESOMEMOD to fix this. Otherwise, you are SOL.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 11:30 PM
I have the same problem. I read on another site that this is a program glitch that EAxis is working on. If I learn anything else I will let you know.

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.
Not just pretty words." -Addams Family
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:38 PM
I finally figured out how to fix this bug with the least impact on your game. Try it at your own risk of course. This guide will require some basic knowledge of the in-game world builder, file systems in general and the sims 3 console with cheats. I suggest taking a backup of your saved game before attempting this.
  • Make sure your sims are not travlling and bring them home to your local neighborhood.
  • Save and exit.
  • Locate your saved game: In Windows 7 it's at c:\Users\"USER"\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\savedgamename.sims3\
  • Open the saved game folder and MOVE the two files starting with "France" to somewhere else. Desktop is fine.
  • Start the game and load your save.
  • Edit Town and choose France in the upper left corner. This will build a new France since it can't find the files we moved from our saved game.
  • Pull down the console (Ctrl+Shift+C) and use these two cheats: "testingcheatsenabled true" and "enablelotlocking true"
  • Select the Nectary, unlock and edit it in build/buy mode.
  • I expanded the basement of the nectary so there was stairs leading directly from the sarcophagus and up to ground level. It's about 4 stories and the stairs ended up just next to the white fence encircling the grapes field.
  • Return to game and travel to France.
  • Upon arrival you will get a notice that the adventure can no longer be completed (because the original nectary owner is gone), but I've always gotten the adventure immidiately again when looking on the adventure board.
  • Go to the nectary, down the stairs and look inside the sarcophagus. It should now contain the recipe. On your way down you'll have to click "go down the stairs" like when exploring a dungeon. You'll also finish two dungeons on your way down, just disregard it.
  • You're done, but wait; we can still save those french townies and your vacation homes that you love so much.
  • Travel home
  • Save and exit.
  • Move the old "France" files from your desktop or wherever you put them, back into your saved game. (Delete or overwrite the new France files)

Notes:
Using this method you'll disturb nothing in France and once you bring back your old french neighborhood the only change will be that you now have finally completed this darn buggy quest.

Have fun!

Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry, do they?
- Robert Underdunk Terwilliger
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 9:34 PM
This fix absolutely works. It takes a bit of time but if you really want to fix your game this is the way to go. It was a little different for me than described here so I'm posting it in case it was different for others as well. I followed all the instructions as posted and up until I went back France for the final time it was exactly the same. For some reason, I never recieved a message saying the quest was no longer able to be completed. When I arrived back in France I simply traveled to the Nectary and the moment I set foot in the grounds a notice came up saying I had recieved the recipe and all I had to do was then deliver it. I went down to the bottom and tried to retrieve it from the sarcophagus just to make sure, but it still wasn't available, which as I said, didn't matter at that point anyway because it was reading that I had completed it. Hope this is useful!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 10:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this cause your game to eventually implode?