Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 7:53 PM
Try pulling your DCCache folder located in Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/

More info here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...540&postcount=6
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
Try pulling your DCCache folder located in Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/

More info here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...540&postcount=6

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! (Ok, I'll stop now)
It finally worked!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcrammer
I was having this problem for days then I decided to do as fluttereyes suggested, and move the .world file to another folder. I copied it and pasted it to my Desktop, then tried to export the file that I pasted to the Desktop with CAW. Lo and behold, it ACTUALLY worked.

CAW has so many bugs, it's unbelievable.

Come on, EA. Give us a bone here...

I know It's been years from this post, but doing that was the only way to success, thanks!!! I manage to export my world!!!
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TVRdesigns
Okay, so some of you know me, some don't. I am part of the "The Sims: The World" project. The group goes by the name Tragic Clowns. I went to export the sims world, with my image, description and name all done, and the only error I get is this.

"World Export Failed"

I have tried 5 times so far, under different circumstances, and none of it works.

Any Suggestions?

I was having similar problems and I tried every conceivable solution with no success until I used The Sims 3 Repair utility ( downloaded from MTS) and created new user data, my world exported into that new folder and I just copied it into my Sims 3 (Old) folder downloads, the deleted the new folder and renamed the Old folder to The Sims 3 went to downloads and installed my world, its a bit of mucking around but it works.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 7:59 PM
I randomly am having this issue today.

I've been giving Moonlight Falls a makeover. Last night I made some more changes and exported it--exported just fine, and installed just fine.

Today I went back into CAW and added an empty Big Park lot. Apart from clearing a few rocks and trees to place the lot, that's the only change I made. Exporting world failed!

Steps I took to try and correct this:
cleared all caches
clearing dcbackup, except for ccmerged
removing dcback altogether
save as with new name
moved world file to desktop and tried exporting from there--in this instance, the world exported successfully, however when I installed it and loaded the game and tried to start a new game with the world, the game threw me a 'serious error'.

And, out of curiosity, I tried re-exporting my last save from last night, from which I had originally exported successfully, it now fails to export. I tried with a backup of the world to the same result.

Any other suggestions?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#31 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 1:31 AM Last edited by heaven : 11th Jul 2013 at 4:27 AM.
Margaret, I am having the same exact issues with a world today that's a Sunset Valley make-over. If I get it to export from the desktop, I can install it but not open it. Bakafox suggested I try this since it is an EA/pre-made world. Am testing now and will report back.

EDIT: No, once installed, I still received the "serious error" message.
EDIT 2: I tried this with my own world which is not a remake or edit of any previous worlds and I still get the same thing. Can't export if the files are in the CAW location. If I move the .world to the desktop, it exports but gives me a "serious error". If I move all the related files/folders in the CAW folder to the desktop, I can't export again.

EDIT 3: I finally got my files to export properly though I haven't tested in game yet by putting them in a different set of user files.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
dodgy builder
#32 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 6:11 AM
I've had a few problems with my export as well. I got the suggestion from auntielynd to pull the DCCBackup out. I then reinstalled all EA store items, and then it worked. It's a tedious process when I have to do it a few times in a row.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 6:50 PM
Heaven, yeah that's the method I used to get started editing Moonlight Falls to begin with. Why it suddenly ceased exporting is still a mystery to me. How strange that we're both having the exact same issue.

Volvemom, that's one of the things I did try, and it didn't work for me :-/

I ultimately decided I didn't need that extra lot so bad, and just installed the export I'd done the previous night before this issue arose.
Test Subject
#34 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 8:24 PM
No Sim Worlds For Me
I've made a small practice world, I've saved it (God-Knows how many times) and I've made a description, name and thumbnail. I've clicked the export button (again) and every time it comes up saying Export Successful ... however it doesn't show up in game... what do i do?
I got really excited when I found out I could make my own worlds and now I'm kinda upset that it's not working. Someone please help me!!!1
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 1:35 AM
KitchenWench, are you actually installing the world after that? Simply exporting the world doesn't make it show up in your game. You have to find the exported file in the Exports folder and install it through the launcher.
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 12:50 PM Last edited by wanerotkop : 28th Aug 2013 at 1:03 PM.
Hi simmers,

I know this post is over 2 years old.. but i'm desperate, trying to export a world for 3 days now, tried everything you guys suggested (and other people suggested on other blogs etc.);fill in description, photo, rename, no symbols, deleting game caches, dcbackups, deleting cc, deleting al lots.. my game is fully updated, so is my caw version. World still wont export. Never had any problems whit crashing, I could use edit in game that worked fine, just couldn't save when i added lots, but then all deleted them and it saved fine.. so i think there is no problem in edit in game, had some routing troubles but fixed them and i'm using a downloaded distance terrain, but thats not whats causing the trouble cause i tried deleting it and without the distance terrain still wont export. I don't know what to do next. I started building 3 weeks ago, So i put alot of work in it. I dont use caw often but wanted to give it a try because I started to get bored by the standard ea worlds and saw what stunning worlds can be made by other creators, this is the 4 time I create a world, but normally I don't export, just build to see what possibilities there are in caw. But this time I really like what it has become. Its a kinda mixed world, there's big city (to become) and countryside next to a big river. The world was ment to be Scandinavian like (when I was going to add lots) so I named it Wahlöö, I'll add some photo's..

So I was wondering if someone is interested helping me out, What can be the reason for causing this problem, how to fix it? is it possible that someone else exports the world for me? And so, who wouldn't mind doing that for me?

Big thanks, and happy simming, B.M
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#37 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wanerotkop
Hi simmers,

I know this post is over 2 years old.. but i'm desperate, trying to export a world for 3 days now, tried everything you guys suggested (and other people suggested on other blogs etc.);fill in description, photo, rename, no symbols, deleting game caches, dcbackups, deleting cc, deleting al lots.. my game is fully updated, so is my caw version. World still wont export. Never had any problems whit crashing, I could use edit in game that worked fine, just couldn't save when i added lots, but then all deleted them and it saved fine.. so i think there is no problem in edit in game, had some routing troubles but fixed them and i'm using a downloaded distance terrain, but thats not whats causing the trouble cause i tried deleting it and without the distance terrain still wont export. I don't know what to do next. I started building 3 weeks ago, So i put alot of work in it. I dont use caw often but wanted to give it a try because I started to get bored by the standard ea worlds and saw what stunning worlds can be made by other creators, this is the 4 time I create a world, but normally I don't export, just build to see what possibilities there are in caw. But this time I really like what it has become. Its a kinda mixed world, there's big city (to become) and countryside next to a big river. The world was ment to be Scandinavian like (when I was going to add lots) so I named it Wahlöö, I'll add some photo's..

So I was wondering if someone is interested helping me out, What can be the reason for causing this problem, how to fix it? is it possible that someone else exports the world for me? And so, who wouldn't mind doing that for me?

Big thanks, and happy simming, B.M

Let me try exporting. I have all EP's and SP's, but only a few store items installed at the moment. If there's anything else in the world, it will drop out and be replaced by the base game defaults. The DT I'm assuming is a .package that goes in the caw framework, so you'll need to include that in the upload so I can pop it in mine.
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 12:09 PM
Let me try exporting. I have all EP's and SP's, but only a few store items installed at the moment. If there's anything else in the world, it will drop out and be replaced by the base game defaults. The DT I'm assuming is a .package that goes in the caw framework, so you'll need to include that in the upload so I can pop it in mine.

auntielynds thanks! I hope it works for u, the distance terrain and mountain are both sims3packs ill include them, i'm not sure which files you need but ill include all, really thanks that you want to give it a try
.. i'm sorry but i cannot add my zip file with the world/setting file because its 33mb and the maximum size is 10mb what to do next?

big thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  dt.zip (120.0 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
#39 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wanerotkop
auntielynds thanks! I hope it works for u, the distance terrain and mountain are both sims3packs ill include them, i'm not sure which files you need but ill include all, really thanks that you want to give it a try
.. i'm sorry but i cannot add my zip file with the world/setting file because its 33mb and the maximum size is 10mb what to do next?

I got the two sims3packs for the DT and hill. You'll need to get me your caw files by uploading them to a file sharing site. I like media fire, 4-shared, or box. Google also has a good one. There is a link in my siggy for a short tut on sharing and uploading caw files.
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 11:16 AM
I got the two sims3packs for the DT and hill. You'll need to get me your caw files by uploading them to a file sharing site. I like media fire, 4-shared, or box. Google also has a good one. There is a link in my siggy for a short tut on sharing and uploading caw files.

Hi, i'm sorry but i have been without internet for more than a week I hope you still want to give it a try
this is the link to my files https://www.4shared.com/zip/8dkphnky/wahloooo.html?

cheers!
Forum Resident
#41 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 10:04 PM
I'll download and give it a try tonight when I'm back home at my Caw computer.

Glad you're back online, I think I'd go bonkers without it for a week. Goodness, I'd have to resort to cleaning the house or something to occupy my computer time!
Forum Resident
#42 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 11:19 PM
Okay, I need the file folder too. You gave me the .world, and the .settings. Did you look at the tutorial in my siggy? There's pictures in it to show exactly what I need.
Test Subject
#43 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 10:03 AM
Okay, I need the file folder too. You gave me the .world, and the .settings. Did you look at the tutorial in my siggy? There's pictures in it to show exactly what I need.

Hi, i did go crazy after a few days
i cannot open your tutorial, the sims 3 site keeps telling me "Oooops. You don't have sufficient privileges to access this message" i don't know why but..
so i included the file where the layers and lot files are in.. its the only thing i can find under the name of my world so i guess thats it, if you need something else just shoot!

http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=M7W7Wea_
Forum Resident
#44 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 11:52 AM
Got it.

I got a good export, but I didn't have time to test it in game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xu2hb209m9dv029

Let me know if it works, if not I can try doing a "save as" before exporting.
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 2:52 PM
Got it.

I got a good export, but I didn't have time to test it in game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xu2hb209m9dv029

Let me know if it works, if not I can try doing a "save as" before exporting.

The world installed properly but when i start it in game it says that there was a big error and i should re-open the application.. is there something you can do about that?
cheers!
Forum Resident
#46 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 11:21 PM
It won't open in my caw. Odd that I would be able to export it without opening it, but not able to open it. Do you not have any lots in the world, because the lots folder is empty. I'm going to try taking the .sims3pack, and reverting it back into caw files and see if that works.
Test Subject
#47 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:24 AM
It won't open in my caw. Odd that I would be able to export it without opening it, but not able to open it. Do you not have any lots in the world, because the lots folder is empty. I'm going to try taking the .sims3pack, and reverting it back into caw files and see if that works.

I used to have lots in it, but since it wouldn't export I tried deleting them but that didn't help so I don't know what i can do next, thanks for helping anyway!
cheers
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 11:27 PM
For those who have tried the previous methods, but are still having trouble exporting, I've been using the tip that Heaven mentioned earlier in this thread to successfully export worlds. She generated a new set of user files to get around this problem.

To clarify on what she meant and how to do it:

• Go to your Documents folder. Rename the Electronic Arts folder. For example, I rename mine to Electronic Arts1.
  • Open CAW. Navigate to your world in the renamed Electronic Arts folder.
  • Export the world as you normally would. It should export this time.

When you opened CAW, the game generated a new set of files. Look in your Documents folder, and you'll now see a new Electronic Arts folder, as well as the one you renamed.

• Go into the new Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder and grab your export from the Exports folder. You can put it on your desktop for now.

I generally have been removing the new Electronic Arts folder and renaming the old folder back to its original name before installing the world. Possibly you could move your downloads and game saves to the new Electronic Arts folder, and that may alleviate further export issues. I haven't exported enough to bother testing if that works.

Your world should now install without any errors, assuming there were no other issues with your world.
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 10:57 PM Last edited by princessparolee : 2nd Nov 2013 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Adding Note
Margaret I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I've tried so many things to get my world to export and nothing has been successful. After trying your method it exported first try. I'm still waiting to test it but I'm crossing my fingers. Thank you. You're amazing.

Edited: When I attempted to play the world my game crashed. It loaded, I went to "edit town" and the game crashed. The only thing I changed in CAW was a single lot. I changed it from a 62X64 to a 64X64. Other than that I didn't edit a single thing.

Edited Again: Reloaded the game after deleting cache files, moving dcbackup, etc, town loads as normal (again) click on edit town and it worked. I tried to place an existing lot and it crashed again. It appears I'm just going to have to use the original.

I'm only posting this last edit in hopes that one day it may help someone else who has the same issue I did.

Last Edit (I Hope): Generated new user files and I'm thinking there may have been something corrupt in the old ones. Also, reopened world in CAW and noticed there was non routable terrain under the lot I'd edited. Not sure how that happened. Re exported, loaded it into my game, and now I'm placing lots as if nothing was wrong. Changed my settings, closed the game, loaded back in my limited custom content (3 packages), game loading ….*crossing fingers …. still works. Again I hope this helps someone that may have the same issue I'm having. It appears the generating a new user filed solved all my problems …. for the time being!!
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 5:12 AM Last edited by StishStash : 1st Apr 2014 at 5:24 AM.
Delete the settings file for that world. It should export. Going to test it now and see if it plays in game properly.

Update: Aw yiss it worked. Stupid unnecessary settings file. :P
Page 2 of 3