Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th May 2014 at 4:20 PM
Hi I have the same problem for exporting my world (I am French so if my English is not that good, excuse me xD), and I don't really know what to do, there are not a lot of topics in French.. So I read with attention all what you said and tried it but it doesn't work... but maybe I didn't understand what you meant sometimes, like the last comment : what is the "Settings File" ? Is it the file which is with the file .world ?
I don't know if I will have an answer but merci d'avance x)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 29th May 2014 at 4:18 PM
Anyone ?
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 29th May 2014 at 5:11 PM
When I have trouble exporting a world, I rename the Electronic Arts folder to something else. Then go back in CAW (it will generate a new Electronic Arts folder) and export.
Test Subject
#54 Old 29th May 2014 at 5:46 PM
First thanks for answering me ^^
Then I did something like this : I made a copy from the Electronic Arts folder and I tried to export the copy's world but it didn't work... maybe I could do as you say, but I will have to put my games' saves in the new Electronic Arts folder then ?
Do you know why you had these problems ? ^^"
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 29th May 2014 at 6:46 PM
I don't know what causes the problem, no.

After exporting the world, I just remove the new Electronic Arts folders, and rename my old folder back to Electronic Arts, rather than transfer everything over to the new folders.

Though, if it's something corrupted in the old files, perhaps moving my mods and saves and library to the new folders might be a good idea.
Test Subject
#56 Old 30th May 2014 at 8:36 AM Last edited by Pierre-8 : 30th May 2014 at 12:32 PM.
Ah OK I see what you mean... I can try it today and I tell you if it worked or not ^^
Thank you

EDIT : Oh but it works perfectly... At least, it has not the right name I wanted it to have (a lot of letters and numbers xD) but I can play in my world finally !
Thanks a lot :D
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 30th May 2014 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pierre-8
Ah OK I see what you mean... I can try it today and I tell you if it worked or not ^^
Thank you

EDIT : Oh but it works perfectly... At least, it has not the right name I wanted it to have (a lot of letters and numbers xD) but I can play in my world finally !
Thanks a lot :D

Fantastic! Glad it worked. Now you can re-export it with the right name.
Test Subject
#58 Old 30th May 2014 at 5:49 PM
Yes ^^ thanks a lot again
Test Subject
#59 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 7:21 AM
Okay, I'm frustrated with this new world I finally finished. Ugh... what am I doing wrong?? I deleted the CAW caches and the DCBackup. Why isn't my world exporting? I had no problems with it before, but now I am..... argh.. someone please help me... much appreciated.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 8:02 AM
It's not the DCBackup that causes problems when exporting, it's the DCCache folder. Try renaming your DCCache to XDCCache, make a copy of your caw files, and try exporting the copy. If it exports then you'll know that was the problem.

More info here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=498272
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=501049
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=501049
Test Subject
#61 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:21 AM
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../15/636971.page

This helped me. I renamed the world to something similar and gave it a different description. I also moved DCBackup and DCCache to the desktop. I was able to export successfully. Thanks for the help as well.
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 4:59 AM
I am having the same issue. I have tried everything mentioned. Why is it so difficult. Game and CAW up to date, cashe deleted, file on desktop and did not open...UGH
Page 3 of 3