Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 2:28 AM
I did some experimenting and thought I'd report the results.

To try to get around the horse issue and keep the relationship active, I unpacked the household and immediately added the horse to the adoption pool. The family is then playable; however, there is a computer/chair issue like the one that required the rig fix, and no newspapers are delivered. Other aspects seemed to work, but I didn't test extensively after finding that they wouldn't be able to access the adoption dialogues. Only the families that had horses were affected by the glitch.

So, it isn't having the horse in the family or saving the lot that triggers the glitch, but the import process itself. I don't see how that will help anyone, but who knows, so there it is.
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 1:08 PM
If you suspect the issue is with the transfer process then the best place to report the issue is on the NRaas wiki page for Porter.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 5:36 AM
Help - every time I type in make sim I get unknown command. What haven't I done to make it work?
Forum Resident
#29 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 7:21 AM
clairkp,
no space, just makesim

Horses:
I just exported a fully populated beta of my latest world, with horses, and all works just fine with them. I've been playing a household with a horse to test routing with no problems.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
clairkp,
no space, just makesim

Horses:
I just exported a fully populated beta of my latest world, with horses, and all works just fine with them. I've been playing a household with a horse to test routing with no problems.
Are your computers working correctly? I'm finding that the computers can be clicked on first load, but as soon as someone uses the computer autonomously in the horse house, no computers in the world have interactions. I pulled all mods but Awesome, but have only tested a handful of the variations that might pinpoint the exact circumstances when the bug is triggered, so this isn't particularly helpful info as yet. Still, it may be worth checking computers if you experiment with horse households.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:24 AM
Thank you SharaRose for the heads up on the computers. I waited for my sim in the horse household to autonomously use the computer. so far so good. No problems yet with any computer in the world.

I don't use awesome mod, just NRass MC, Porter, Debug Enabler, Overwatch SP, and Register.

I'll keep testing and see if I find anything wonky.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:28 AM
Well I used makesim to get a sim in my world, then I used him to import households I had precreated (using nraas porter mod) I then used the master controller mod to give them employment (adjust their age if necessary) and skills for their job. Everything look fine. Exported world. chose a household to test play. Well.... first of all the couple were no longer married to each other, so I had to fix that with master controller. Then the status bars showing their well being is static. My Sims never get hungry, tired, need to use the bathroom or have a shower. Then to put the icing on the cake their skills seem to be locked also. My sims can work out all day, cook up a storm, practise chess, paint or play a musical instrument and the skill bar above their head will not move a fraction.
Any suggestions on what I have done wrong?
Forum Resident
#33 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 8:43 AM
Try opening up the caw file again, go into EIG, makesim, fix relationships, then click on the cityhall. Choose NRass, Master Controller, Town, Reset Everything. Make sure you have the game paused. Save, then export a fresh copy.
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 10:53 AM
Im a bit confused here. I have downloaded the awesome mod and mastercontroller, but are these supposed to be linked to items? Cause i cant find any CC items in buy mode, so im not sure how to change relationship level and jobs, etc. It works when I shift+ctrl+click on the ground and stuff, but I cant seem to add horses. Without horses my project here is pretty much dead.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 7:35 PM
Quote:
Im a bit confused here. I have downloaded the awesome mod and mastercontroller, but are these supposed to be linked to items? Cause i cant find any CC items in buy mode, so im not sure how to change relationship level and jobs, etc. It works when I shift+ctrl+click on the ground and stuff, but I cant seem to add horses. Without horses my project here is pretty much dead.

Kawwah1985,
Have you read through the tutorial on the Caw Wiki?

http://cawtool.wikia.com/wiki/CAW_P..._Create-a-World

You don't need awesome mod, you'll need :
NRaas DebugEnabler
NRaas Porter
NRaas MasterController
NRaas MasterController Cheats - This one is new, I think Twallen split up and added some of the interactions that were inclusive in the original MC.

After you type in "makesim" , and add all your premade households to your world, you can then click on each sim, select NRass, MC, and change whatever you need.

Read through the tut, because it sounds as if you haven't yet, and try it out on a tiny map with just a few residential lots. Just import whatever sims you have in your library bin, and play around with the NRass interactions.

Post back how you did, or if you need any more help.
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 5:51 AM
Ok, thank you Auntie. Ill try to make this work. I really just browsed through it before, but noticed someone mentioning awesomemod, so got a bit confused.
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 12:52 AM
Can anyone else confirm if the process this tutorial describes is still working as of patch 1.55 with IP installed? (and using Nrass latest mods)

I have been following the tutorial exactly and been unable to manipulate any sims, or get them to attach themselves to a specific lot.

Quote:
The Make Sim interaction spawns a random EAxis pudding-faced Sim. This Sim automatically becomes the player's active household and active Sim, just like when playing the game. Sims in Edit-In-Game have no free will, and their motives are static (don't worry, they don't remain static in the actual game). They can run around town, and interact with most objects, but bear in mind they will always be standing up when the player first opens the game, so sitting them in a chair or on a bed will result in upright Sims clipping weirdly through the objects.

I can execute Make Sim, and a new Sim appears in the middle of the map (the wont appear on a lot, even if I put a lot in the middle of the map) But they are completely frozen and, thus the bolded part above in the quote form the tutorial is no longer accurate. I cannot get them to move, or interact with anything.

I am using a very simplified test world with just one residential lot, one dive lot, and one hidden tomb lot in it.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 6:43 AM
You can click the ground and make the sim go where you want them to appear when the world is loaded, but I'd do that first and then work with it paused. For the premade sims you port in, it's easiest to use "moveobjects on" to put them where you want them.

I have used Total Annihilation to get rid of the "makesim" sim after populating the world with no problems, except that you have to "makesim" again if you want to make changes later. Of course, this may make the universe explode, so try that at your own risk, in a separate save. (You'll probably want to branch off a fresh save before populating, anyway.)
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SharaRose
You can click the ground and make the sim go where you want them to appear when the world is loaded, but I'd do that first and then work with it paused. For the premade sims you port in, it's easiest to use "moveobjects on" to put them where you want them.

I have used Total Annihilation to get rid of the "makesim" sim after populating the world with no problems, except that you have to "makesim" again if you want to make
changes later. Of course, this may make the universe explode, so try that at your own risk, in a separate save. (You'll probably want to branch off a fresh save before populating, anyway.)

Clicking on the ground does not work. the Sim created with MakeSim remains frozen and doesn't move, even when the game is unpaused.

I can't use MoveObjects On for the sim created with MakeSim, because they do not get created on a lot, and I cannot move them onto a lot.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by binus
Clicking on the ground does not work. the Sim created with MakeSim remains frozen and doesn't move, even when the game is unpaused.

I can't use MoveObjects On for the sim created with MakeSim, because they do not get created on a lot, and I cannot move them onto a lot.
Hmm, it used to work. Might be a new patch thing, as I haven't tried since updating. Nuking them might be the way to go, then.
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 4:13 PM
Someone on the Nrass forums said they were able to get it to work on a normal CAW world, but replicated the issue when trying on a fresh nearly empty world as I had described.

So at present I am assuming that there is some potentially minimum level of lots or lot types that man need to exist in order for it to work properly.

My tiny test world did not have a city hall or any roads. And the residential lot was literally empty, though I did add a desk, chair and computer so I could access the NRass menu from it, but that didn't help.

LAter I added a 2nd residential lot, with a doorless building and a flat roof, so I could try to make use of Porter, but have not had a chance to try that yet. The makesim was still non-functional with the 2nd residential lot in place.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 4:47 PM
You can use a Jynx rug to access NRAAs courthouse commands, and delete it later. Place it outside so you can access it without entering a building.

If the 2nd residential lot exists solely for porting NPCs, you can evict the sims and then delete them (not annihilate; just hit the delete key). They will still be in the world, but now you can delete the lot in CAW.

I usually set a park to residential, add a single wall piece, port/pose/evict tons of NPCs, delete the wall, and change it back to community. Let the player wonder why half the town is in some sort of ceremonial circle around that big lake outside of town at the start of the game. :p
Test Subject
#43 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 9:01 PM
Im trying to create a cast away style island, which the players are required to explore for resources. I aim to use hidden tombs and chests to stash stuff like tents, books, and other inventory goods.

I had noticed that a aim can place most inventory items in a chest on a tomb lot, and abandon them. Then I can switch houses and retrieve them with someone else. Books, although they can't be left in the treasure chest, can be left on the ground or other surfaces.

However, if the items are built into the lot to begin with, an exploring aim cannot take them off lot. So they can't take the items I intended for them to find.

I want to find out if I can preplace these things via makesim in the tomb lot via CAW Edit In Game, and have them be able to be taken by explorers on a new game start.
Test Subject
#44 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 12:44 AM
Sorry for necroposting, but I have an issue.
I pre-populate my world in EIG, and all seems to be fine, it's saved successfully. Export it from CAW -- success. If I re-open the world in EIG later, all Sims are there, alive and well.
But when I install exported world in the game and start a new save, the world has not any Sims whatsoever.
Is it a common issue, have someone else encountered it lately? And what can I do?
dodgy builder
#45 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 8:35 AM
In these deeper issues forums necroposting is ok if it's about the same issue. It's even recommended, much easier to keep it all in the same thread.

Have they updated Porter and Debugenabler yet? What patch are you on?
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 10:56 AM
Volvenom, I'm on patch 1.63, and I have mods updated to their 1.63-versions accordingly.
It seems to me that mods are doing their job pretty well -- I reopen saved .world in CAW EIG, and here they are, all the Sims. Actually, I've tried to pack some dead ones as well (using this method), and they've made it to the game just fine. But not the living ones -- alive Sims just vanished from the exported world.
So I assume it's something to do with the process of exporting the world from CAW... I tried to export the world with and without Mods in the game folder (doesn't seem to affect the issue anyhow), cleared the caches. Don't know what else I can try...
dodgy builder
#47 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 12:36 PM
I would probably go to nraas who made the mods, if someone has started working on them. That would probably be Porter, they should know better what doesn't work with their mods.
Test Subject
#48 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 12:43 PM
Yeah, seems reasonable. I'll try to contact them.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#49 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 9:14 PM
Is there also a tutorial for populating custom worlds WITHOUT any mods?
Because I patched my game up to 1.67...

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
dodgy builder
#50 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 10:02 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 10th Feb 2014 at 11:50 AM.
Wouldn't that be the savegame approach?

Edit: I just took a look at nraas. Both porter and debugenabler is said to work with 1.67
Page 2 of 3