Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shell Cottage (from Harry Potter)

by Vera_J Posted 19th May 2010 at 11:17 PM - Updated 2nd Feb 2013 at 6:19 PM by Vera_J : fixed the file

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 20th May 2010 at 12:37 AM
Shut the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew what it was when I saw the pics!!!!!! I already saw photos of the one from the film, so it was obvious!!!! Amazing!!!!!!! I loves it!!!!!!

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Scholar
#3 Old 20th May 2010 at 1:33 AM
Very atmospheric house, well done.
Good work with the ground painting
Instructor
#4 Old 20th May 2010 at 9:43 AM
I am not a Harry Potter fan (haven't read the books or seen the film ) but this is a really unique house and you've done a great job replicating it

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2010 at 11:03 AM
Amazing work and so gorgeous result ! Thanks a lot for sharing
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th May 2010 at 11:48 AM
I downloaded it and will try it. It looks nice. As you know wizarding houses can be larger on the inside than the outside. However we can't do that in the Sims. I thing your modifications are quite reasonable under the circumstances and the second floor looks fine in the photos. It looks quite livable.

I have tried a number of houses and in spite of the really nice effort put into them they are too big to be really playable. I think yours will be one I keep.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th May 2010 at 2:52 PM
Beautiful!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th May 2010 at 4:05 PM
Ohhh this makes me so happy.
Wiki Wizard
#9 Old 20th May 2010 at 4:34 PM
This is SO awesome, well done!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th May 2010 at 7:10 PM
This is great!!! I looked at the photos from the new HP a few days ago and recognised it for what it was!!! It looks enchanting, thank you

~ Nyn ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th May 2010 at 9:44 PM
Thanks for nice comments! In fact I expected some nit-picking with HP series being so popular. I´m glad you like the lot.
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd May 2010 at 2:51 PM
Finally some HP content for the Sims 3! And this house looks really similiar to the house in the screenshots for the film. Of course, the Shell Cottage I imagined while I was reading the book is totally different, but that's already the way every individual imagines buildings and persons from the HP books. =]
Great work, well done!
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd May 2010 at 5:56 PM
Saw pictures from the film looks just like the real thing as you can see by my picture and name im obsessed with Harry potter
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd May 2010 at 12:25 PM
This is adorable! It looks just like the pictures from the set of the movie! Amazing job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 2:19 AM
I love it. It looks great. I especially like the little bill and fleur sims sitting at the table (so cute!).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 2:18 PM
Awesome! Where did you get the Bill and Fleur sims? (I love being able to find the homes and buildings to download, but I've also been trying to find the characters, too)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 10:33 PM
How is this freakin' IDENTICAL to what I imagined?! WOW!
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 2:13 PM
When I download this lot, it says my software is not up-to-date,
but I'm sure it is!
How can I fix this? I have it only with this lot...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 3:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Niekjuhhh500
When I download this lot, it says my software is not up-to-date,
but I'm sure it is!
How can I fix this? I have it only with this lot...

I don´t know why you have this problem, but you can install the lot without the launcher. Extract the sims3pack with Delphy´s Multi-Extracter and put the extracted file to (...) Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library and it will show up in your game.
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vera_J
I don´t know why you have this problem, but you can install the lot without the launcher. Extract the sims3pack with Delphy´s Multi-Extracter and put the extracted file to (...) Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library and it will show up in your game.

I have the same problem as Niekjuhhh500 and these kind of programs I have no luck with. Is there anyway you can check your upload and if possible reupload a "up to date" version...

It's a real shame because there is obviously a lot of time and effort put into that lot and the result looks really good...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 7:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SimTim123
I have the same problem as Niekjuhhh500 and these kind of programs I have no luck with. Is there anyway you can check your upload and if possible reupload a "up to date" version...

What do you mean you have no luck with the program? It´s so easy to use - just click "Extract"!

Otherwise you can get this completely CC free version from the exchange:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=2576486
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 10:32 PM
This is a gorgeous house! I'm trying at the moment to make a Harry Potter neighbourhood so this will be a great addition - just a question, though; how do you make the stairs twisted so that they're so much more compact? If it's a mod, I'd love to find it because it would be useful on so many of my lots! <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 3:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beaux flower
This is a gorgeous house! I'm trying at the moment to make a Harry Potter neighbourhood so this will be a great addition - just a question, though; how do you make the stairs twisted so that they're so much more compact? If it's a mod, I'd love to find it because it would be useful on so many of my lots! <3

It's not a mod, you can make folded stairs etc. with CFE cheat. There's a nice tutorial (and another one here ).
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 8:41 AM
I'm having an issue with the Sims3Pack itself. When I go to install it, the installer window tells me that my game is not up to date, when in fact, it is. The latest version I have is 8.0.152, and I know there's nothing wrong with that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 6:55 PM
@ guitarsNthings:

In case you have troubles with the Launcher installing lots, extract the sims3pack with Delphy's Multi-Extracter and put the package file to your Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Library folder (in Documents). It always works.
Page 1 of 2