Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 5:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons
Default consignment store won't let me sell items?? ambitions
when i first started the game i was able to go to the consignment store and sell a bunch of junk. now when i try to go as a registered inventor i hit buy 80000 times and the menu wont pop up to buy/consign items. has anyone else run into this problem? i already uninstalled and reinstalled my game. it was working fine after i reinstalled until now. i didnt have a problem with it before i reinstalled (i was having problems with other junk)
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 8:06 PM
You have CC?
Tested without CC, yet? Especially those that are specific to other packs - like the register for WA shops, for example.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 7:13 PM
I had this same problem and posted a thread with no replies. Until I saw your post, i thought i was the only one. Since it's happened to you too, I'm starting to think it's a game glitch, and not because of CC.

You can always sell/buy at first, right? Then when you get more experienced, you dont' get that buy/sell window anymore ? That's exactly what happens to me

EDIT: I tried mine without CC and still had the problem. I wonder if the glitch is when we register as an inventor? I wonder if I took a different job then i could sell and buy again? I'm going to test that out

----->Sleep is for people that have never played Sims<-----
----->Maybe people should actually try Sims 4 before they criticize it. It's my favorite Sims so far.<-----
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:05 PM Last edited by werismyki : 6th Jun 2010 at 9:21 PM.
Just got the EP yesterday, how do you register as inventor, so I can test this?
At this point, my sim can make all inventions and can still use the consignment store.

Edit: I didn't find a way to register as an inventor in the base game, I did however find this option after installing Twallan's career mod, but even after registering as an Inventor, that route, I can still have the sim buy and sell at the consignment store.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
Just got the EP yesterday, how do you register as inventor, so I can test this?
At this point, my sim can make all inventions and can still use the consignment store.

Edit: I didn't find a way to register as an inventor in the base game, I did however find this option after installing Twallan's career mod, but even after registering as an Inventor, that route, I can still have the sim buy and sell at the consignment store.

I just used the sims cell phone and found the register option under phone calls for jobs and professions. Then your sim will go to city hall to finish the deal

----->Sleep is for people that have never played Sims<-----
----->Maybe people should actually try Sims 4 before they criticize it. It's my favorite Sims so far.<-----
Inventor
#6 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:57 PM
Do you have any rare or uncommon seeds in your inventory (or any seeds for that matter) ? If so, try if removing them and see if you can sell again.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 12:07 AM
Same thing happened to me. The consignment store was working fine, and now it just doesn't. I went back with nothing in my inventory with the same problem.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 1:54 AM
I have a thread up about this too And I know I had no seeds in my inventory when the bug appeared. It affects everybody in the inventor's household, btw.

Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
I didn't find a way to register as an inventor in the base game, I did however find this option after installing Twallan's career mod, but even after registering as an Inventor, that route, I can still have the sim buy and sell at the consignment store.

You register as an inventor in the unmodded game by getting one skill point in inventing and visiting City Hall, or using the computer or phone and then visiting City Hall.

The bug doesn't strike right away. My inventor was able to use the consignment store several times before it suddenly "broke".
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 2:18 AM
I experienced this aswell, but I think I found the reason why. Try selecting "Cancel consignments" instead of buy. You should find that your earlier items are at minus days. Ideally the items would be sent to you if they haven't been sold in 5 days, but that doesn't work so the game starts counting down instead and this is what prevents the buy window from opening.

Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry, do they?
- Robert Underdunk Terwilliger
Eminence Grise
#10 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 2:58 AM
Yes, thank you Ydrill Just saw this fix posted by Kweri in the Ambitions forum, tested it, and it works. Had a lettuce on consignment for -5 days.

Yay! I can consign again!

Sorry to spam this in three threads btw, but I want to make sure everybody who has the bug sees the solution
Locked thread