Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gwrych Medieval Prison Towers (2 VERSIONS)

by StephSim Posted 15th Jun 2010 at 12:49 AM - Updated 17th Oct 2010 at 2:20 AM by StephSim : Adding Updates

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:58 AM
Very nice work on the execution machinima scene. Poor condemned sim!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:30 AM
Absolutely brilliant work - as always! Thank you for this!
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:24 AM
Haha this is so epic, i love the torture chamber, it made me laugh out loud nicely done as always steph! :lovestruc

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:14 PM
this is perfect for all nasty and evil medieval criminals! thank you!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:48 PM Last edited by StephSim : 15th Jun 2010 at 3:20 PM.
Cat
Yeah. I have no idea if he is actually guilty! You know that my way or the highway business of the past killed many an innocent soul.

Seriously though...thanks for the compliment.

Malakaaz
You are welcomed and I appreciate your comment. Do enjoy the downloads.

D.D.
Thanks for the love D.D. - Yeah that torture chambre is classic. The rack makes me laugh sometimes. Since it is a bed it would be neat if a "Convulsion" animation was added to it! Those blood puddles (thanks to Sophie-David) added just the perfect touch of realism I was hoping for. The Sims when relaxing or sleeping are so "comfy" on the blood puddle I placed on the bed. And to think...that room is actually a kitchen in disguise with a bed in the center.

pegasus
You are more than welcomed pegasus.

I was wondering what would be the best way to present this lot. I wanted to be able to control locking people up and what not and thought it would be easier to do this as a residential...Too bad there are no medieval apartment doors as I keep going back and forth with the hubby over the lot actually being apartments as well.

Hmmm... I guess I can add a floor to the nobility tower with 2 floors for the king and 1 floor for the warden, the prison tower can be an apartment for 2 prisoners, I could also remove the confessional area in the chapel and make a priests bedroom and the torture tower could remain a common space (because it has the kitchen) as well as the Sinners gatehouse (which already has 2 bathrooms) and the rest of the outside as well. I don't know...we shall see. So, basically you will have 4 cozy little apartments and a great functional common area with outdoor barbecues, a gallows and a torture chambre.

It would be a quicker transformation if I had a single tile and 2 tile apartment doors that were medieval. This hasn't been done yet to the best of my knowledge. I'll play around with it for a bit today.

At any rate...Thanks again everyone.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:04 PM Last edited by morgaine2005 : 15th Jun 2010 at 5:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to click the "thanks" post button.
Gorgeous lot, StephSim! I agree with CatofEvilGenius, the execution scenes were amazing. You ought to get some sort of Sim posing award or something.

Anyway, I don't know if you already knew about this, but Inge over at Simlogical has a prison system that could be used with your lot. I say "could" because, um, I'm not so sure how well a prison would work without her special sinks, toilets, beds, etc., none of which are at all medieval. I'm still looking into the option myself, for my own medieval neighborhood.

Anyway, great job and thank you, thank you for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 6:37 PM Last edited by StephSim : 16th Jun 2010 at 3:28 PM.
Thanks morgaine!

Yeah...my hubby was just talking about using parts of Inge's prison system this morning for his Gwrych Prison Towers. I'm sure other's will find the link useful. I'll add it to the main post a little later (when I add the apartment version of the Prison Towers - which I've completed). Thanks for sharing the link here.

EDIT
I've updated the Gwrych Prison Towers to include both a RESIDENTIAL and an APARTMENT version.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 7:38 PM
Thank you,your work is wonderful!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:18 PM
You are welcomed Spysim. Enjoy the downloads.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 4:29 PM
I really like it. I wish I could download it but I don't have all the expansion packs...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:00 AM
Sorry you can't download this Alice.

Well perhaps you can download "A Small Kingdom" lots instead - THE NEIGHBORHOOD MAPS ARE HERE and THE 1st of 5 Posts START HERE. "A Small Kingdom" lots require no Stuff Packs and fewer EPs than Gwrych using No Custom Content. It's modern, but I'm sure with a bit of redecorating, you can get a medieval look using thing you may already have.

It does have a small prison apartment lot found HERE. While I didn't add a guillotine stage, one can easily be created for the lot as there is a bit of space to do so.

There are a quite a few of us Medieval lovers who want EVERYTHING Maxis has to offer mixed with everything the Sims community has to offer as we are building purely Medieval neighborhoods. Thus, Gwrych was born.

I hope you can find something useful in "A Small Kingdom".

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 11:30 PM
what would happen if i download it without the stuff packs? :/.. would it ruin my game? xD cuz i reeaaallly wanna download this one .x.!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 11:37 PM
Oh I doubt that. With the exception of Mansions and Gardens, it should actually run just fine without the Stuff Packs. However, you will need M&G and all required EPs. Nonetheless, it is good practice to backup your files whenever testing something.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 12:36 AM
Ok, so I'm obviously missing something here haha
Is there a way to actually send your sim to the gallows and be hanged?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 6:15 AM
No, no...that's just great POSE BOX picture taking! I try to design my lots for story tellers as well. In that way they can make it "look" as though you can.

I'm not a executioner....I mean programmer... I am but a simple lot designer!

~*~Stephanie~*~
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd May 2014 at 11:07 AM
Thank You
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 10:30 PM
You are welcomed.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th May 2017 at 12:55 AM
Is this for the sims 4?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:27 AM
Sorry, I only create for the Sims 2 as of late. Hopefully you can find something medieval for the Sims 4.

~*~Stephanie~*~