Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Ambitions: The Sims3 Has encountered a problem and needs to close.
With Ambitions installed, whenever I launch Sims 3 (Through Steam or Launcher) it waits a few seconds as it's about to load, then it pops that error message in my face.

I have:
1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Ambitions twice.
2. Visited the original Ambitions/patch thread and delete cache files
3. Deleted custom content

I'm not sure what else to do, the thread doesn't give much more that applies to my OS (Windows XP) nor does it have specifics for this problem.

I got the game from a digital download from GameStop.com's online store, and the Sims will run if I uninstall Ambitions, new patch included. My system greatly surpasses the required minimum to run the game.

Any help?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:57 PM
I visited the help section gamestop.com and it has the following information:

Quote:
Still have Questions?
Contact us at [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. (CST) Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. (CST) Saturday and Sunday.

Have you contacted them yet? Maybe other people who d/led the way you did are having similar problems, and they might have a fix.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:23 PM
Thanks, I'm a little busy at the moment, so I'll have to give them a ring later on, is there anything else that might be doing this, however?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 6:16 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - EADM Issues
    If you encounter issues while downloading Store/Exchange items or when trying to patch or Launcher won't even start, then maybe the issues is not the Launcher but EADM. Please try the suggestions on this FAQ article:

Might be EADM as well.