Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#26 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:19 AM
Uh, you know, guys, it could be...um. Both? Just a guess.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:19 AM
"So because Ambitions didn't come with a separate nighbourhood, Late Night won't? "

Didn't Ambitions come with Twinbrook?? Is that not a separate hood?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:19 AM
Ohhh.... The sims needs more violent vamps. Heres hoping they dont sparkle.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
does that mean EA expects us to add our own little city to the nearly full Riverview and Twinbrook?

I didn't think people were still using the EA neighbourhoods since CAW was fixed... learn something new every day.
Scholar
#30 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:24 AM
No, it did. And Twinbrook is. I am (and Drakron as well I assume) referring to add-on neighbourhoods like Downtown or the holiday sub-hoods.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grillcheesesammich
"So because Ambitions didn't come with a separate nighbourhood, Late Night won't? "

Didn't Ambitions come with Twinbrook?? Is that not a separate hood?

More aimed at neighbourhoods there for a specific thing and not living

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#32 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur
I didn't think people were still using the EA neighbourhoods since CAW was fixed... learn something new every day.

Still applicable. What if our custom made hoods are full? Besides, I like making a small town and having a sub-hood attached for sims to travel to. Adds a bit of realism.

I personally am hoping this new Downtown we're seeing in the promotional material is actually a sub-hood/add-on neighbourhood.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:27 AM
I just hope we get apartments (and not just penthouses).
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:32 AM
this will be a perfect ep to react ghost buster in the city hunting down ghost.
Scholar
#35 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elanorea
I just hope we get apartments (and not just penthouses).

Yes, I concur. This got me thinking, will the apartments we get only be in the partly rabbit hole skyscrapers? Which means we won't be able to modify the external parts and size all all.

Seeing as how EA didn't mention more on apartments, I'm thinking they'll be akin to the ones in The Sims: Urbz. Hopefully we'll get more than just penthouses though.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur

I know that I definitely don't. I can't figure out CAW to save the life of me. I've only ever seen one or two Neighborhoods that would be worth having, and I've only ever added one to my game. I mostly just use the EA ones, because they're perfectly acceptable in my opinion.
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:26 AM
Knowing EA they will bring out this EP and it will break CAW again anyway.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:29 AM
Sims 3 Late Night Officially announced, some stuff I saw.
This looked AWESOME!!! here is what I noticed that is in the expansion pack during the EA developer conference I watched.

1. Cities

2. More create a world / build tools.

3. High Rise lofts to live in.

4. Drums, Keyboards, and other musical instruments.

5. Hot tubs... did I forget to mention more hot tubs!

6. More sim actions / reactions.

7. Vampires.. and also various clans of vampires each with their own hangouts, abilities and powers.

8. A Karma system, you can spend karma to smite sims or even cause earthquakes on towns. Not sure how this will work yet (it was announced on the console version, but will also be in the new EP, I actually checked identifiers using twallans mod).

9. More control for players and probably modders. There are more animations. This seems to be more edgy than the other sims3 EP's.

10. Celebrities, rock stars, VIP treatment at select clubs. Looks like some sims get the red carpet treatment.

11. More CAS customization.

Personal thought.. Everything that they showed for console as far as features goes will be implemented in the PC versions. Some things will be exclusive to console simply due to restrictions of consoles, not to say consoles suck. Far from it.

OFF TOPIC:
1. A new Alice game by American McGee!!!! Hell yeah!
Title: Alice Madness Returns
Platforms: PC, PS3, XBOX360
Current ESRB rating: "A" Adult

2. Curt Schilling two time world series MVP and 6 time MLB allstar puts together his own game company and look who he has for his team!! Holy crap!

R.A Salvatore: Best fantasy writer ever, over 20 million books sold. Eighteen new york times bestsellers, Accolades include the Underdark saga and the Drizzt books.

Todd MacFarlane: Creator of Spawn and Spiderman, one of the all time best artists / graphical creators of the comic book scene. This guys artwork is some of the best hand drawn work in the world.

Ken Rolston: Lead designer for Morrowind and Oblivion of the elder scrolls series. Adventure / RPG game designer immortality!

In close I hope you found this article informative and useful, please post any comments or thoughts regarding the new sims3 EP, OFFICIALLY labeled "Late Night" here.

The entire EA video can be found at
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/today...se_live20100720

RUN FOREST RUN!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:35 AM
WOW i'm surprised another EP has been announced so quick after the release of Ambitions. I am definitely NOT complaining. This one looks awesome! Can't wait!! :D

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:37 AM
See my post for all the current info I have on it, also here is the entire EA conference ( about an hour long) but worth it.

The entire EA video can be found at
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/today...se_live20100720

RUN FOREST RUN!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:37 AM
I really can't wait. I'm surprised another EP has been mentioned so quickly after Ambition's release. It seemed like forever for the second EP following World Adventures. I'm looking forward to the superstar aspects in the new EP!!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Instructor
#42 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:00 AM
AGAIN, a Neighborhood is NOT a sub-hood, its a main neighborhood were your Sims live.

They added neighborhood to show new gameplay elements even in The Sims 2 with Seasons that added Riverblossom Hills, Freetime added Desiderata Valley and Apartment Life added Belladonna Cove.

Ambitions added a new Twinbrook, the argument about sub-hoods I am seeing now reminds me of arguments back when Ambitions was announced about the Firehouse and the Salon.

Worked just fine ... after all are you people so lazy that cannot even pop a pre-created lot in the game? I guess so since if the next EP is not a Vacation that will naturally require destination hoods we see it again.

And here is a idea ... if you want to see a Urban Themed Neighborhood why the hell dont play on the one that comes with the EP or, grasp, MODIFY YOUR EXISTING ONES!

Oh right ... because its "full" ... sure thing ...
Field Researcher
#43 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:13 AM
Gotta admit, when I saw "Bloodlines' in the op, I was thinking along the lines of Vampire The Masquerade, with different types of vampires. But hey, this works too. Just by being able to drink from other sims, Sims 3 vampires have Sims 2 vampires beat, hands down.

Quote: Originally posted by gamesradar
Vampires will return in Late Night, the next nocturnal expansion for The Sims 3. Speaking to Angie Newman, an EA representative for the series, we got the details on how vampirism will work in Late Night.

“You have to find a vampire in the world, befriend it, and then ask it to turn you into a vampire. You can then turn other Sims into vampires,” explains Newman. Late Night also includes a new Blood Line system, which will let you pass your vampirism onto your offspring. “So if a vampire and a vampire mate, it will for sure be a vampire baby. But if a vampire and a non-vampire mate, it might be a vampire or it might be a Sim. There’s no half-vampire, half-Sim babies.”

I really hope the only sparkling vampires we see in this EP are lame-o wannabes wearing too much glitter that aren't let into any good clubs.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Forum Resident
#44 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:17 AM
If the vamps sparkle, I'm not buying this.
Instructor
#45 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:26 AM
They dont sparkle UNFORTUNATELY, Trailer shown a vampire.

Of course THEY WILL if they have the Eye Candy reward, hope they made all EA createdVampires having that reward to make you people insane ... its you own GOD DAMN FAULT that Twilight is that popular.
Banned
#46 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:29 AM
Would you mind explaining how it is my fault that teenage girls are, by and large, complete morons?
Forum Resident
#47 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron

Of course THEY WILL if they have the Eye Candy reward, hope they made all EA createdVampires having that reward to make you people insane ... its you own GOD DAMN FAULT that Twilight is that popular.

If that does happen I will create vamps and make BuffySim kill them all.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron

Please tell me your not one of those Twightards..

RUN FOREST RUN!
Forum Resident
#49 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:28 AM
I think the person's being sarcastic and is not a fan.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Achromagus
Would you mind explaining how it is my fault that teenage girls are, by and large, complete morons?

..... being a teenage girl, I personally prefer truly sadistic vamps. And bloodlust.

Quote: Originally posted by gamesradar
Vampires will return in Late Night, the next nocturnal expansion for The Sims 3. Speaking to Angie Newman, an EA representative for the series, we got the details on how vampirism will work in Late Night. “You have to find a vampire in the world, befriend it, and then ask it to turn you into a vampire. You can then turn other Sims into vampires,” explains Newman. Late Night also includes a new Blood Line system, which will let you pass your vampirism onto your offspring. “So if a vampire and a vampire mate, it will for sure be a vampire baby. But if a vampire and a non-vampire mate, it might be a vampire or it might be a Sim. There’s no half-vampire, half-Sim babies.”

That's quite convienient. I wonder if vamp-babies & children will be allowed to be in the sun. Otherwise, school might be a sticky affair.
Page 2 of 95