Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Takeout And Order Food At Restaurants

by Buzzler Posted 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:44 PM by Buzzler

318 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 234 Feedback Posts, 83 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 13
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:22 PM Last edited by Buzzler : 8th Aug 2010 at 2:11 PM.
Translations
If you are willing to translate, download the txt file at the bottom of this post and edit it with a text editor. I will add these translations to the package unchanged. I don't take responsibility for these translations. I don't have the means to check these translations for grammatical or orthographical errors. And I can't bring myself to care anymore about obvious errors, plenking or untranslated strings. I don't mean to be rude, but as a translator it's your job to take it seriously and ask yourself beforehand if you are up to the task.

Only translate the stuff between the <STR></STR> tags or you will break the localization. The {MA.He}{FA.She} stuff is for gender-dependent strings. Translate what's inside of the braces (marked bold in the example above) except the MA./FA. parts. You can add additional gender-dependent strings and freely move them around. Since there seems to be a bit of confusion about this: MA stands for "male actor" and FA for "female actor". Sometimes you need different words dependent on the gender of the related sims. That's when these curly braces with the MA/FA stuff comes into play. The final sentence will contain the content of one of these curly braces dependent on the related sim's gender. E.g. if the "raw" sentence is "{MA.He}{FA.She} is a doofus!" and the actor is female, the final sentence will be "She is a doofus!". See?

If your language has capital letters then please capitalize every word in the interaction name strings if interaction names are capitalized in your language. You will recognize the interaction name string, because they are written capitalized in the English source file.

Finally, please change the filename to something that indicates the language you translated to. Please save your file in unicode and check the translation in-game after I uploaded it.

Currently supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Mexican, Russian, Brazilian, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Polish
Attached files:
File Type: txt  TakeHomeFoodsStrings_ENG_US.txt (2.0 KB, 197 downloads)

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:36 PM
awesome idea, thanks!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:43 PM
Wow, this looks awesome. I love the whole "sometimes the delivery sim gets lost along the way" Does that mean you never get your food? If so, I love it! Thanks
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:57 PM
This is great thanks best idea ever
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:58 PM
Here's my translation in French. It's only accurate in France, and is probably wrong in others Francophone countries.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_FR_FR_by_timoram26.txt (2.4 KB, 46 downloads)
Description: French translation (the strings are probably wrong for Francophones countries other than France)
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:11 PM
@lizbethbear: That's exactly what it means. To be perfectly honest, I didn't implement that deliberately. I use the pizza delivery staff and the one on the screenshot seems to be absent-minded or something. I didn't even try to stomp that behavior, because I thought it was funny.

@timoram26: Thanks, I'll add it right away.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:16 PM
This is awesome, seriously. Thank you so much <3

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Instructor
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:37 PM
This is very useful! Thank you!

BTW, I made translations for the Spanish versions. They are practically the same, the only difference is that in México we say "refrigerador" while in Spain they say "nevera" o "frigorífico" (if someone else disagrees, feel free to correct me).
Attached files:
File Type: txt  TakeHomeFoodsStrings_SPA_ES.txt (2.1 KB, 28 downloads)
Description: Spanish Translation.
File Type: txt  TakeHomeFoodsStrings_SPA_MX.txt (2.2 KB, 11 downloads)
Description: Spanish (Mexico) Translation.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:52 PM
Here's Russian file.
Thank you.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  TakeHomeFoodsStrings_RUS_RU.txt (3.9 KB, 42 downloads)
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:53 PM
Cool! Thanks, Buzzler! (Btw, your username rocks!) lol

ENTJ
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:05 PM
@Sims MX & KuriXarya: Thanks, I'v added the translations. KuriXarya, I had to change the character set to UTF-8 to feed the file to stblc. Please check, if anything got messed up in the process.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:11 PM Last edited by Shykary : 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:32 PM.
I'm here, again, to help you! I loved this mod, it's pretty awesome. I translated it to PT-BR. (:
Cya!

@Edit

I got confused with the "{MA.boy}{FA.girl}{MA.his}{FA.her}", I dunno if I have to translate the boy, girl, his and her. If needed, I can modify it now.

@Edit²

Now I read the first post, editing my translation...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
KuriXarya, I had to change the character set to UTF-8 to feed the file to stblc. Please check, if anything got messed up in the process.

I saved my file in Unicode. And in UTF-8 all messed up.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:23 PM Last edited by Shykary : 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:43 PM.
It's OK right now, I guess. (:

@Edit

Some errors fixed.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  TakeHomeFoodsStrings_PT_BR.txt (2.2 KB, 48 downloads)
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:33 PM
Thank you for such an awesome mod!

Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KuriXarya
I saved my file in Unicode. And in UTF-8 all messed up.
So it doesn't work in the game now? Sorry, I can't do anything with UCS-2, because stblc can't read it.

Quote: Originally posted by Shykary
It's OK right now, I guess. (:
All right, thanks. I'll upload it.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:47 PM Last edited by KuriXarya : 16th Mar 2011 at 1:06 PM.
No, it doesn't work in my game.
Please can you try to replace string from my stbl?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TakeHomeFoodsStrings_RUS_RU.stbl.zip (957 Bytes, 28 downloads)
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KuriXarya
Please can you try replace string from my stbl?
Ok, it's up. The closing </TEXT> tag slipped in in the last string. I've edited that out in S3PE. Hopefully, I didn't break anything by doing that.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 10:00 PM
Yes! Now all characters are readable. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 12:18 AM
Default Norwegian
Here is a norwegian version. I do not know if it will work out properly because of the norwegian letters. And i have never done this before. so i hope it is done correctly.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_Nor_Nor.txt (2.0 KB, 24 downloads)
Description: Norwegian translation
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:03 AM
I've forgot to thank you, so, there's your thanks. You deserve it! (:
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:04 AM
Default Swedish translation
Swedish translation here
Attached files:
File Type: txt  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_SWE_SE.txt (2.1 KB, 50 downloads)
Description: Swedish translation
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 2:22 AM
Fantastic! Just what my sims need.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:17 AM
Wow, what a clever idea. Thanks a lot.
Page 1 of 13