Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#51 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 12:23 PM
@TehSr0c: You can try deleting your cache files. (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/All four package files with Cache in the name) That said, I've only tested with the base game 1.17 patch, not with Late Night. Once I get that installed I can do more testing.

@Ikandak: Do you have the locations package still in place? The only possibility I can think of offhand is that you deleted it when you got the latest core package. You need both, and the locations package hasn't changed.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 3:42 PM
I downloaded both:
cmar_GameTattoosForTeens.zip
cmar_MoreTattoosCore1.17.zip
I'll try deleting them and re-downloading and I'll let you know how it goes

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#53 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lkandak
I downloaded both:
cmar_GameTattoosForTeens.zip
cmar_MoreTattoosCore1.17.zip
I'll try deleting them and re-downloading and I'll let you know how it goes

You need to download cmar_MoreTattoos.zip and install ONLY the cmar_MoreTattoosLocations.package as well.

My organization of downloads is obviously confusing - I'll see what I can do about that.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You need to download cmar_MoreTattoos.zip and install ONLY the cmar_MoreTattoosLocations.package as well.

My organization of downloads is obviously confusing - I'll see what I can do about that.

Thanks so much! I put in the file in: cmar_MoreTattoosCore1.17.zip and the non-core file in cmar_MoreTattoos.zip and it now works! Thanks again for the great mod

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#55 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 4:11 PM
Good, glad it's working! And thanks!
Test Subject
#56 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 4:02 PM
Default Late Night Tattoos
You can upload the file for teens with the Late Night Tattoos? I love this mod, I serach trough the web for a mod like this. Thanks and keep up with the good work!

And just for me to know, you know if that method on S3PE is the same for muscle sliders for elders and the facial hair for teens?

Thanks
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#57 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 4:19 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 14th Nov 2010 at 4:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anônimo
You can upload the file for teens with the Late Night Tattoos? I love this mod, I serach trough the web for a mod like this. Thanks and keep up with the good work!

And just for me to know, you know if that method on S3PE is the same for muscle sliders for elders and the facial hair for teens?

Thanks

I still haven't installed Late Night, but it's sitting on my desk right now and when I've got it running I'll enable the new tattoos for teens.

No, it would take a core mod to enable the fit slider for elders and facial hair for teens, if it can be done at all. I may look at that eventually, when I have time. It doesn't seem right that sims suddenly lose all their fitness when they become elders!
Test Subject
#58 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It doesn't seem right that sims suddenly lose all their fitness when they become elders!

Yeah, I think that too. Anyway, thanks, and I hope you get the Late Night soon.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:06 PM
Wow, this is more than amazing! I am really glad I found this as I was very disaapointed with EA with very limited tattoo locations. Thank you so much to the creator of this amazing mod! I have a few question though, all the other regular tattoos in game can be placed in the new places? Also, is there a location for the wrist and the lower abdomen part? Thank you so much once again!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#60 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeannie4414
Wow, this is more than amazing! I am really glad I found this as I was very disaapointed with EA with very limited tattoo locations. Thank you so much to the creator of this amazing mod! I have a few question though, all the other regular tattoos in game can be placed in the new places? Also, is there a location for the wrist and the lower abdomen part? Thank you so much once again!

Thanks!

Yes, every tattoo can be put in any location. There's a wrist tattoo location that comes with the game - if you're talking about an inner wrist tattoo, that's not practical since the skin wraps around the arm with a seam running along the inner arm.

The hip location is the closest to a lower abdomen location. I'll consider adding more locations but please realize that I can't do an infinite number of them.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 2:55 PM
Just wodering, where do I drop the files? I put them on my mods/packages folder but my game closes right after the plumbob scene.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 8:45 PM
Just wodering, where do I drop the files? I put them on my mods/packages folder but my game closes right after the plumbob scene.

You've probably either got the wrong version of this mod, or you're using another core mod and there's a conflict.

If your game is still on the previous patch level (1.15 patch) you need to download and install both files in cmar_MoreTattoos.zip.

If your game is patched up to date (1.17 patch) you need to download cmar_MoreTattoos.zip and put ONLY cmar_MoreTattoosLocations.package in your mods/packages, plus download cmar_MoreTattoosCore1.17.zip and put the core package in mods/packages. If you want tattoos for teens you have to download and install those packages as well.

If you're using AwesomeMod or EGC or another core mod, you can't use that and this at the same time.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:24 AM
Just wondering, how I do find which version my game is? I just recently updated when I installed late night.
I tried using both versions of your mod, and it's still the same.
I don't have any core mods, these are the only ones I have:
tts-slider1 - tum tums chin slider
ShimrodsNoMartialArtsClothesEP - the no martial arts clothings mod
MTS_Rothchild_1148558_NoMosaicLN - the no mosaic mod
MTS_Rainbow_Brite_1063410_RB_FishTankCompacity_20_HELS - the fish tank capacity mod
amBottomNude tmBottomNude emBottomNude - I'm not sure what these mods are
SXS2_oykawoo_322613_HPsSkinForDBCABsMeshByOykawoo - I think this is for the male part mod
SXS2_morgade_322373_real-nipples - f nipple mod
Those are the only ones I have in game. Does any of those conflict?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#64 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 1:56 PM
@jeannie4414: If you have Late Night installed you have the core 1.17 patch. None of the mods you listed would conflict, as far as I know. (BTW, the amBottomNude, tmBottomNude, and emBottomNude are meshes for the male part. SXS2_oykawoo_322613_HPsSkinForDBCABsMeshByOykawoo is a skin with texturing for the male part.)

I've reorganized my downloads a little. For your version, you should download cmar_MoreTattoos1.17.zip and install both of the packages in it.

Does your game work without the tattoo mod?

And also BTW, you can see what version of the game you have by running the launcher and hovering your mouse over the line of little game icons in the lower left corner. The first icon gives you the base game patch version.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#65 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:55 PM
Thanks for the infos, and yes, my game works without the tattoo mod. I don't understand why it closes after the intro. If I remove it, the game would run fine.

It is very strange indeed that it only not works in my game, but it works on others. This is completely unfair! I wanted to have this mod.
Btw, I have downloaded custom tattoos before this mod, will those conflict? They are also tattooed on my sims that are currently saved.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 6:41 PM
omg, thanks cmar!! I so wanted to have something like this in the game, damn, so great. I test out right away
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#67 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 11:44 PM
Thanks for the infos, and yes, my game works without the tattoo mod. I don't understand why it closes after the intro. If I remove it, the game would run fine.

It is very strange indeed that it only not works in my game, but it works on others. This is completely unfair! I wanted to have this mod.
Btw, I have downloaded custom tattoos before this mod, will those conflict? They are also tattooed on my sims that are currently saved.

Are you using the old mods location in Program Files, or the new one in your Documents folder? If it's the old one, do you have d3dx9_31.dll in the right folder? (I don't remember where it's supposed to be - the new location is much easier.)
Field Researcher
#68 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:53 AM
Yes, I'm using the old locations. In fact all of them are in my (C:\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages) folder. I don't know about the d3dx9_31.dll, I have never heard of it, until now, do I need this file in my game? It might work if I put your Tattoo Mod in the Documents folder. Where exactly do I drop them in the Documents?

edit:
Yes, my game runs if I put them in the Documents folder! I am really happy now! Thank you so much for helping me!

Of course now that it works in my game, I tested it immediately. they are well made and they layer well. I have a few more location suggestions. I hope you will consider them.

1. Left and right of the lower back and lower lower back
2. slightly inner of the shoulder's back
3. slightly inner of the hips
4. center of the lower abs
5. left and right of neck
and
I know you said this isn't possible, but if you can find a way, I hope you will make
6. inner wrist
7. inner forearm

In my game, the tattoos are really blurred, I don't understand. Will you be able to help make the tattoo clearer? I already adjusted the transparency. Also it has to be a certain scale (which has to be big) for it to at least look a little sharper. So all smallish tattoos would always be blurred.

I also hope that maybe you could do the same thing for piercings. So that we may be able to completely have them layerable.
Different positions such as:
left and right eyebrows and all the possible distance from the center to corner
nose bridge
left and right of nostril
nose septum
lower and upper lip and all the possible distance from the center to the corner again
left and right nipple and whether its horizontal or vertical or diagonal
and last the navel

and also choices of piercing material
for eyebrows, nose bridge, and nose septum: either a ring or a curved barbel with recolorable gem
for nostrils: either a ring or a stud with recolorable gem
for lips: either a ring, a labret with recolorable gem, or even a curved barbel
for nipples: either a ring, nipple shield, or something that has dangle

I hope I am not asking for too much. :D
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#69 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 1:38 PM
LOL - well, yes, you're asking for a lot. For one thing, only so many buttons will fit in the tattoo panel. For another, each location is a fair amount of work and adds to the work of updating after patches. Please don't expect every possible location because it's not going to happen. That said, a 'lower belly' tattoo looks like a good idea.

The blurriness seems to be an effect of scaling the tattoos down to a small size, which I can't do anything about. It's possible that a smaller tattoo would work in this situation, though, and I'll experiment a little.

Piercings are a different thing - I think they're accessories? That's a different mechanism in the game, and as far as I know each one has to be made individually. I may look at the layering of accessories when I have the time; possibly that's a limit that can be changed.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 3:06 PM
Im sorry if it's a lot, but I will re prioritize, I would want #4 #3 and #2. I'm glad #4 interests you.

Btw, about the pop up that says its found a new mod. Will it always be like that when I start my game? Is there a way to make it ask only once. In your first post, you said that there were facial sliders that were added, I haven't looked at the face slider, but can you tell me what are they?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#71 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 4:12 PM
I don't know of any way to skip the popup.

What this mod does is raise the limit of the number of facial sliders that will work in the game - the sliders themselves are separate and available from several creators.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 7:16 PM
It only raises the limit, and it doesn't add any sliders? I forgot to ask this before, is it possible that you make the sims go completely naked (no accessories) when applying tattoos because I cannot see the buttcheeks tattoo, they wear swimwear.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#73 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:48 PM
No, this doesn't add any sliders.

Yes, I'm working on an option to allow naked tattooing, if I can get tuning working with this. I don't want to make it the default since some players want to keep their game family-friendly. I'd also LOVE to have a way to edit the naked outfit, but don't know if that's going to be doable.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:19 PM
Ok if naked is too much. I have a suggestion, have a duct tape cover the butt cracks, genitalia, and the nipples (on females), only those parts will be covered so all else can be seen. Hope you like my idea. I think maybe I am one of those who want their game family-oriented, I'm sorry if I asked for nudity before, I just really want to have a clear view when tattooing my sims.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#75 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:32 PM
What I want is to make nudity optional for those who want it. And I can't change the default tattoo outfit; already tried that.
Page 3 of 7