Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Modular Stairs Recolored, Part the Fourth

by iCad Posted 10th Oct 2010 at 3:35 AM

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 10:40 AM
THANK YOU for this! I'm like you, I liked the style of these stairs well enough, but the colours... um, no. Just... no. (Seriously, what were they *thinking* with the turquoise?!) But now they'll get plenty of use in my game, thanks to you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 1:57 PM
I LOVE your recolors! I am using them in every house I build. I can't wait for your fences! Will you also be recoloring some wooden maxis doors/arches and windows to match? (if begging helps I totally will! LOL) I am in love with vintage lantern and expresso and i want to do my whole house in matching wood! If you recolor some doors and windows for me I will squeal with excitement! Thanks so much for these!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 5:31 PM
iCad,
You may not be aware, but you are a Sim Architect's best friend!

Seriously...thank you for adding more variety for us to design our Sim lots. Build mode items are those things you don't realize you can't live without until you need or use them for the first time. So, keep creating!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katwalk17
I LOVE your recolors! I am using them in every house I build. I can't wait for your fences! Will you also be recoloring some wooden maxis doors/arches and windows to match? (if begging helps I totally will! LOL) I am in love with vintage lantern and expresso and i want to do my whole house in matching wood! If you recolor some doors and windows for me I will squeal with excitement! Thanks so much for these!!!!

Hee hee...Yes, doors and windows are definitely on my agenda. It frustrates the heck out of me that Maxis windows don't match Maxis doors...unless they've been recolored, of course. I'm currently working on making the Storybook windows not-stupid. I'd really like to use that bay window of that set but the colors....No. Just. No. If you have any specific requests, please do let me know and I'll move them up on my queue.

@StephSim: Hey, I'm just glad to help! I do a lot of building myself, although I don't tend to offer the lots for download because I often don't know where the heck some of the CC I use came from. But I DEFINITELY feel the pain and frustration of Maxis's Build Catalog and its non-matching-ness. So, now that I've figured out how to recolor more things, something of an obsession has been born in me, and I feel this raging, obsessive need to make everything in the Build Catalog match/coordinate. And I do mean everything. So, if you have any specific requests, let me know, and I'll rearrange my "To Do" list a bit.

PS: Your current set of medieval lots is amazing. If I had the right EPs and was in the mood for medieval, I'd totally download every single one...

@NixNivis: Honestly? I think Maxis is on crack when it comes to their color choices. (Turqouise trim? SERIOUSLY, Maxis? Ye gods...) And it really is a crime since some of the styles are very nice. I have half a mind to figure out how to make modular stairs recolorable so that I can recolor ALL of them...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 6:45 PM
Thanks for all your hard work and if you take requests I would LOVE the maxis wood panel doors ( I think they might be called oaktown? and the slightly curved glass double doors) in vintage lantern and woodland brown.....
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 5:25 PM
I love you for this, iCad. I love these stairs, but the original colors rendered them unusable in my game. I use these in almost every house, and they're beautiful! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 6:05 PM
PROBLEM here. The stairs are not showing in catalog (fences & floors are). I downloaded EVERYTHING (deleting everything except 4 colors). Went back and redownloaded your links to the "meshes"/recolorable stairs. Still nothing. Will try again. Any ideas?
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
PROBLEM here. The stairs are not showing in catalog (fences & floors are). I downloaded EVERYTHING (deleting everything except 4 colors). Went back and redownloaded your links to the "meshes"/recolorable stairs. Still nothing. Will try again. Any ideas?

They won't show in the catalog. What HugeLunatic did was create an override of the stair's code in order to make the stair recolorable. What you do to use this (and any other such stair recolor) is to run a set of the turquoise and white stair. (The other versions aren't made recolorable by HL's override.) Add railing if you want it. Then you use the recolor tool to recolor each step individually. When you click on the step, a window will pop up showing the colors available. The colors, if you haven't changed my file names, will appear in that window in alphabetical order by color name from right to left. And when you recolor the step, the rail attached to the step, if any, recolors, too.

It's kind of a pain if you have a long run of steps, but it's how it works. If you have trouble "grabbing" the next-to-top step, move your view down a story and then it's easily "grabbable."

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 3:11 AM Last edited by grammapat : 15th Mar 2011 at 5:32 PM. Reason: correction
Took some experimenting to see what you ment (& had to put railing on to be able to recolor all steps) but Wow! I've discovered a whole new world.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th May 2011 at 10:26 PM
I love these. I recently discovered that my game was highly lacking in any sort of variety when it came to build mode. I had CEP, sure, but what about the fences and stairs?

Then, I came upon your creations. They are precisely what I needed. I suddenly find myself wanting to only play in build mode. I kick myself for not finding all of these wonders sooner.

Thank you for your hard work - and keep up the great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 4:59 AM
Yay for more matching stuff! Thanks <3
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 1:04 AM
Um, I need to redownload the Storybook Stairs of yours, but they seemed to have vanished from the site.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 3:30 PM
I totally agree. I haven't made much use of the variety of Maxis modular stairs. I tend to use the plain wood ones for the deck or the glass ones for inside the house, because as you said their color choices for the rest of their own modular stairs, especially the OFB storybook type set, were just awful and really didn't go with anything. Thank you SO much for recoloring these, now I have so much more to work with!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 9:25 AM
awsome