Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Idolatry of Freckles" Complementary Genetic Skintone Set

by ganchi Posted 12th Oct 2010 at 1:44 AM - Updated 19th Nov 2012 at 8:28 AM by ganchi

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 2:51 AM
I love HP's Idolatry set - now it's even better! OMG!
Are these the genetically correct versions? (as this is MTS2 - probably not ) Did you also do them? And, where can I get them?

This looks absolutely perfect! I've not dabbled in Genetics yet; now, it looks like I won't have too. YAY!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 3:18 AM
I LOVE Sim freckles! Thank you for this!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 8:31 AM
I love HP's Skintone, sooo I really really love your ones too!! Thanks also for these genetic connections, seems like much work

THANK YOU :lovestruc

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Are these the genetically correct versions? (as this is MTS2 - probably not ) Did you also do them? And, where can I get them?

These are 100% barbie, as I don't use anatomically-correct skins in my game.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 5:35 PM
Oi, what WAS I talking about???
I just re-read my post... DUH! I was totally brain-dead last night. Sorry. Of course they are genetically perfect - that's what this whole post is about...

I meant anatomically-correct, as you guessed in your reply. Thank you for not pointing out my stupidity too badly.

And ya know, now that my 6-year old watches me play sometimes, I think the Barbie versions are much better for my game too right now. Not that I'm a voyeur or anything, but I like my game as realistic as possible.

Thank you VERY MUCH for these! Being a person of freckle - I really like how you adjusted the 'reality' of the freckles. Thankfully they do fade a bit with age.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 8:47 AM
I love these tones! I was wondering if you'd include a non-default/geneticized version of the freckles, though? I'd love to use these in creating custom sims!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 3:05 PM
I have genetized skins already in game, can i use these too or will they conflict?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missioninitialized
I love these tones! I was wondering if you'd include a non-default/geneticized version of the freckles, though? I'd love to use these in creating custom sims!

The freckles are not defaults, but I can upload non-geneticized versions later today. I'll post an update when I do.

Quote: Originally posted by CatRose
I have genetized skins already in game, can i use these too or will they conflict?

The short answer is yes.
The only skins here that will actually conflict are the defaults (if you already have some). What happens is because they have genetic codes, they will show up in the pool of possible skintones when a baby is born. The game basically takes mom's skin code and dad's skin code, then picks one in between for the baby. What you have to consider is whether these fit into or between your current shades. For example, the pale freckles here are lighter than most S! skins, but have the same genetic code, so conceivably sim babies could have slightly lighter skin than both parents. Some people care about that more than others, I guess. Does that make sense though?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 9:24 PM
I uploaded those non-genetic skins for you. Enjoy.
Instructor
#11 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 10:08 PM
the black people dont got freckles
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2ultralover5
the black people dont got freckles

Nope.
Is that a problem?
Instructor
#13 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ganchi
Nope.
Is that a problem?

well i thought this was for freckles only...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2ultralover5
well i thought this was for freckles only...

Ah, well. There are three freckled skins, but they go along with a complete set of seven non-freckled genetic skins. The black one pictured here is the recolor that I did for this set.
I only made freckles for the paler skins because they're much more common IRL on light skin, and because they wouldn't show up very well on dark skin.
You can add freckles to darker skins if you want, just take a look at HP's terms of use.
Hope that answers your question.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:10 AM Last edited by cheesecake_twins : 1st Dec 2010 at 4:12 AM. Reason: stupid typos
Thanks for creating these! I'm grabbling the pale freckled tone and the chocolate tone for my game. I'm going to add a link to your thread from mine so people grabbing the nobility vamp default can check these out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 6:19 PM Last edited by Geminiasp : 24th Dec 2010 at 6:56 PM.
I absolutely love these skintones I really do especially the freckles!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 7:55 PM
@cheescake Thanks! I hope people find these useful. I'm currently on a long-term project to default replace all the skintones in the game to match HP's Idolatry skins, which I just love. And I did use your vampire skins, which are great.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 9:37 PM
Sorry to bother you, but I really like your skintones for the game. I just wanted diversity of different tones of sims in my game and this definitely helps. I know that they are geneticized and all so thats just what I needed..but one question, Are these tones also townified? like i know I can have kids with different skin tones, but will new sims that I meet also be using the three in-between tones; such as light, tropical, and choclate?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th May 2011 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesimsjunkie
Sorry to bother you, but I really like your skintones for the game. I just wanted diversity of different tones of sims in my game and this definitely helps. I know that they are geneticized and all so thats just what I needed..but one question, Are these tones also townified? like i know I can have kids with different skin tones, but will new sims that I meet also be using the three in-between tones; such as light, tropical, and choclate?

I didn't upload the townified versions.
I did make some for my game, (It's super easy with Wardrobe Wrangler) and I have had adopted kids come with custom skins.
Just keep in mind, when you make your own townified skins, that townifying the file makes it invisible in-game, meaning that you'll need two copies of each skin: one townie version, and one CAS version.
Finally, remember that just installing these skins will not change the appearance of any character already in-game. If you want all of your townies to have equal access to these skins, you'll have to repopulate your town, which I have never done.
Hope that helps!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 2:09 PM
Thank you very much I have always wanted genetic freckles but don't have the know how to make them myself. Looking forward to seeing these in game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 6:49 AM
Thank you! These skins are perfect <3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:30 AM
I love freckles! I'm glad I found these :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 7:19 PM
finely yay this is awesome
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th May 2015 at 3:59 PM
i love freckles :D