Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Toddler walking, talking and potty mod with no empty potty for Generations/latest patch.

by claudiasharon Posted 19th Nov 2010 at 4:25 PM - Updated 10th Mar 2012 at 1:56 PM by claudiasharon

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:31 AM
Thank you so much, I've been missing these mods like crazy since I got NL
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 4:55 AM
Just what I needed. Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 3:56 PM
YES!
This is great, I'm so glad it works!
:D
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 5:40 PM
Thanks so very much for this mod! I, too, have missed it dearly...along with the faster skills mod. I hope someday when you have time you can give us that one back also. But if not, I appreciate this one to the fullest!!

What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere? 'Hold my purse.' - Greatest Quote Ever
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 8:31 PM
Thank you!! I've missed the magic potty from TS2. Yay!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by honey_bunny
Thanks so very much for this mod! I, too, have missed it dearly...along with the faster skills mod. I hope someday when you have time you can give us that one back also. But if not, I appreciate this one to the fullest!!

Which faster skills mod?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 1:58 PM
Thank you for the update!!!

Faster skill mod = probably, faster gardening, faster novel writing, faster painting, etc.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaFouine4814
Thank you for the update!!!

Faster skill mod = probably, faster gardening, faster novel writing, faster painting, etc.

Hmm, well Chaavik has faster gardening and novel writing updated for Late Night. The faster painting mod should still work with Late Night, unless the xml file has changed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 3:38 AM
ty ty ty for this!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 7:46 PM
Oh, thank you! This was always my favorite mod, and I was sad to see it never got updated - you're the best!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 9:02 AM
Omg YES! Needed this mod more than anything. I hate teaching to potty train in this game, it is so frustrating, I only tried it on one toddler and never did it again.

Now...how to apply to real life...
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 1:17 AM
By "This should work with all game variations." does this mean it will work without LN? I don't have it yet but will get it soon and figured if it works with all I might as well get the updated version.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dropoflove
By "This should work with all game variations." does this mean it will work without LN? I don't have it yet but will get it soon and figured if it works with all I might as well get the updated version.

It should, but as I have all the games I cannot test this.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 4:33 AM
Ok...this mod looks very promising; I'm curious to know if it will conflict with Gonmag's Gain Skills Faster mod at this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=425846 because I'd really like to have them both! Lol Thanks either way!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meecha3
Ok...this mod looks very promising; I'm curious to know if it will conflict with Gonmag's Gain Skills Faster mod at this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=425846 because I'd really like to have them both! Lol Thanks either way!

Looks like if you take that mod you won't need mine. But that mod doesn't have the empty potty mod I have in mine. So you might want to request from the modder to add that in.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Looks like if you take that mod you won't need mine. But that mod doesn't have the empty potty mod I have in mine. So you might want to request from the modder to add that in.

Ahhh....ok, I gotcha ya. Still a great mod. Thanks for sharing and responding
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meecha3
Ahhh....ok, I gotcha ya. Still a great mod. Thanks for sharing and responding

You're welcome.
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 1:10 AM
I am using the same skill mod as meecha3. Would it be too much for us to request from you a separate version of the no empty potty mod? Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tj965
I am using the same skill mod as meecha3. Would it be too much for us to request from you a separate version of the no empty potty mod? Thanks.

The problem is, the potty skill and no empty potty are in the same .xml file, so it can't be done separately without causing conflicts. You'll have to ask the modder of that mod to add it into their mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 11:59 PM Last edited by SuthernDel : 13th Dec 2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Forgot a Topic
Whoa! Slow them Babiies down.
Whoa! Slow them Babies down. I want it to take at LEAST thirty Sim Days for them to learn EACH SKILL & Let them DANCE, if they can walk. But they should "BeBop" to ANY music heard...if they can appreciate the Music they should show a response, other then a silly "BUFF" moodlet thing. I'm not as intrested in the Pointablity as I am in the Playability for ALL SIMs Babies & Toddlers. Also there should be a few days at least, before the Children start School with a hard push for Play & Family Activities. Would you be intrested in REversing this mod? Take more time Training Toddlers... Or more Options for this mod? Something us Baby & Toddler Lovers can appreciate? I don't care so much about the pottychairs..beats the heck out those Diapers! They didn't disapear.
I may actually hold my breath for an answer to this post.
Thank you. .

;D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuthernDel
Whoa! Slow them Babies down. I want it to take at LEAST thirty Sim Days for them to learn EACH SKILL & Let them DANCE, if they can walk. But they should "BeBop" to ANY music heard...if they can appreciate the Music they should show a response, other then a silly "BUFF" moodlet thing. I'm not as intrested in the Pointablity as I am in the Playability for ALL SIMs Babies & Toddlers. Also there should be a few days at least, before the Children start School with a hard push for Play & Family Activities. Would you be intrested in REversing this mod? Take more time Training Toddlers... Or more Options for this mod? Something us Baby & Toddler Lovers can appreciate? I don't care so much about the pottychairs..beats the heck out those Diapers! They didn't disapear.
I may actually hold my breath for an answer to this post.
Thank you. .

;D

Some people tend to like sims going faster, others not so much. How slow do you want it take to potty train them? (How many sim days?) It depends on what setting you use for their lifespan too, you don't want your toddlers to still be learning to use the potty when they're trying to age up into a child.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 9:34 AM
Thank you for responding so promptly. I disable the aging in the options menu. I think 15 Sim days would be great! I take pictures in these learning stages and use them as wallpapers...very funny.

;D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 12:27 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 13th Dec 2010 at 1:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SuthernDel
Let them DANCE, if they can walk. But they should "BeBop" to ANY music heard...if they can appreciate the Music they should show a response, other then a silly "BUFF" moodlet thing.

Also, the dance part I'm not able to mod as I don't know how to do that. I think it'd require modding skills greater than mine.

So do you want them to learn to walk and talk slower and just have the potty chair training be normal or did you want that in there as well? And did you want no empty potty in there too?

Edit: Okay, I got it to go really really really slow. I'm not sure how long it'll take for your toddlers to gain skills, I got bored when testing it and stopped. LOL. So if it's not slow enough or it doesn't work right, let me know. First I suggest using Delphy's Dashboard to check for any conflicts with my mod and the mods you already have in your game. If you find any, PM me and let me know which mods it was (and where you found said mods) and I'll try to make them work together. Also, make sure you back up your game just in case before playing with my mod. It shouldn't cause any problems, but just in case it's always a good idea to back it up.

If you wanted potty training to go slower as well or no empty potty added into the mod let me know and I'll do it.

Also, if you want toddler skills (like the peg box and xylophone) to be slower as well, I can do that too.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  walktalkveryslow.zip (12.2 KB, 10 downloads)
Description: Very slow
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 2:03 AM
OMGosh! this is so very cool! Thank you.

I will try it out & let you know how it works. Potty Training, Reading Toddler Books, if possible. The Pegbox & Xylophone would be a huge bonus. they make some of the best facial expressions there. I let the Momma Sim clean house while I snap Pics.
So the potty chair is fine. How bout the nose picking? Total gross.
Once again, Thank you for this....will check in soon.

;D
Page 1 of 4