Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The UCS Part 7: THE SISTINE CHAPEL Community Lot

by StephSim Posted 26th Nov 2010 at 3:51 AM - Updated 13th Mar 2012 at 2:24 PM by StephSim : Updating Images and Editing Text

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:13 AM
This is an extraordinary lot! I've never seen anything quite like it, and that's saying something for this site.
You out did yourself. I don't know if the lot will be downloaded by many people, but you're an artist, for sure, in my book! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 5:17 AM Last edited by wawa180859 : 26th Nov 2010 at 5:28 AM.
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!

One for each of the 7 part Ceiling Superset! Or I coulda just done a single Beautiful! in each link .... but ya know!

Like I mentioned, it brings back fond memories of being there with my tour groups. I expect to see Benedict walking in any moment ...(even though I wish it were still JP II, and I'm not even Catholic)!

Fun trivia for ya, Steph. I was in the Piazza del Campo, Siena, (their main square) when Benedict was elected. The buzz was resounding throughout the square when the Italian TV stations began broadcasting the election results. Everywhere you could hear .... "fumata bianca!" "fumata bianca!" (white smoke! white smoke!). Then my local guide running past me, hollering .... "il maledetto tedesco" (It's the damn German!) It was comical to hear all the Italians in the square all groan ... almost like a collective groan! I found out the Italians weren't too happy about that one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 6:36 AM
you're super super!!!!!!
Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 12:53 PM
*Speechless* There is no word to describe this!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 2:40 PM
OMG! You're a blessed and inspired sim artist. Your lots are always amazing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 2:54 PM
I didnt get this download but omg its gorgous!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 3:04 PM
Totally downloaded. Just incredible! Thank you!!!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 5:19 PM Last edited by StephSim : 26th Nov 2010 at 6:30 PM.
FranH
Thanks. As I was designing the lot, I wanted it to really capture the true essence of The Sistine Chapel. I thought about the many people who will never be able to actually visit the Vatican to see the artisty for themselves. I also thought about those who are learning about places all over the world AND of course I thought about those who have already visited the Sistine Chapel and wouldn't mind revisiting it. This lot is for all of those people. I wanted this creation to be as close to the real thing as possible. So...I'm hoping many people will download the Chapel to have that bit of real life beauty up close and personal.

Walter
Thanks again for the love! :lovestruc:

I'm trying to picture the whole scene. I'm sure Papal elections are a key part of Italian culture (as well as a world wide phenom). I can see the whole scenario in my mind's eye. The excitement that a new Papal leader was chosen...with shouts of "Fumata bianca!"..I imagine it was wild as people waited to hear who the new leader was to be!...Then the disenchantment over the leader not being a national choice. It's hard when tradition makes way for change! (Although Benedict XVI was not the first Non-Italian.) The irony is that this is a "holy" place and people are not only openly disappointed, but are quite non-receptive to a man chosen by the Conclave (who do not make these decisions lightly from what I understand).

I am curious what warrants an election being undecided (Fumata nera!)? I shall do a bit of research after I post!

spysim.73
Thanks for the compliment. Enjoy the lot!

pegasaus
Just wait until you explore the lot. I know you will appreciate it!

Drowelvenmaiden
Thank you sincerely. I hope you and your Simmies have a great time visiting the chapel!

shadow78
That's totally fine. I'm realizing that you don't necessarily have to download the lot to appreciate it! So thank you for the compliment.

Malakaaz
Thanks for your support for my creations. I really think you will appreciate the total artistry of the lot in capturing the spirit of the Sistine Chapel. Let me know what you think once you've visited the lot with your Sims.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 10:31 PM
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I've been there and it's such a stunning chapel. The roof alone is worth seeing You've done a wonderfull job! Wow wow wow :D
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 10:51 PM
woah, this is so stunning You're work on the inside of the chapel is awesome!!!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 11:45 PM
Astounding Stephanie! I'm sort of speechless, its really is so wonderful. I'm one of those people who will probably never see it in person due to my disability preventing travel, so I will gladly enjoy your virtual version. Amazing work, you've truly outdone yourself and setting the standard higher for us all!

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 5:06 AM
malfoya
Thank you. I suppose those who have actually visited The Sistine Chapel are among the true "testers" of authenticity for the lot! I hope it measures up once you see it in game!

DD
Thanks. I'm glad you like! :D

BTW - Nice Avatar! A "mooing" giraffe indeed!
I hoope you are not too overwhelmed with RL and school!

sunni
Ah...the limitations of life. It's amazing how much we often take for granted. Ah! But that is one of the beauties of Simming...escape, creativity and exploration of the unknown! Please do enjoy the lot!

Ooo...Setting higher standards! Oddly enough...when I create, I spend most of my time trying to improve my sense of design...competing against myself if you will. The best part of creating is having a sense of completeness and genuine style that I can share with others...something perhaps they cannot get anywhere else. You know...each creator adding something genuine for others to share! Just as the things you create are genuinely "sunni" - everything from your recolours to your unique objects to your lots. No one else can do things quite the way you do...that is what I hope to achieve with each creation. I think I like to think of others seeing my creations and being inspired by them if nothing else! Yes. ....Well if I didn't get lost in thought!

I really appreciate your feedback and your kind words. Thank you.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 3:06 PM
This is really amazing. Fantastic work!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StephSim
others seeing my creations and being inspired by them!

Well, you DEFINITATELY inspire me!!!!

Your Grwych project is what pushed me into making and sharing! You are VERY creative! And this just set the bar!!!!

Well Done!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 11:19 PM
Tricia
Thanks! Now get back to your own lot creations. Oh....How do you feel about building community lots? Why? Take a look at my Journal.

jbeach
I love this lot. I just like taking my Simmies there so "I" can admire all the creativity it took the actual Sistine Chapel artists to pull it together. The amount of artwork in that place is enough to live on for several lifetimes!

So when will you get back home?

~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 8:04 AM
I am home! And it is SOOOOO good to be back!!!! :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 12:06 AM
Great...by now you have the PM!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 3:46 AM
can i say holy sh**??? that's freaking amazing..
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 2:05 AM
You can and I shall say "Thanks DVG"!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 11:17 PM
WOW Stephanie!! I finally got M&G and I can't wait to play in this. Your artwork is simply amazing! Beautiful work
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 6:39 AM Last edited by StephSim : 6th Dec 2010 at 6:49 AM.
Thanks brprevite! Although I'm sure there are a few Italian painters and scuplturers who are far more worthy of the amazing artwork...like Rosselli, Michelangelo, Perugino...

Yeah...it's strange how people select the EPs they are going to get. As a lot builder, I find I like having more build-mode and exterior related items. While I understand the idea of objects being Base-Game only, I really find that Base game ONLY lots are quite strange for all intents and purposes. APT life and M&G have a few exterior lot design decorative items that I love...as well as my loving to have ceilings in my game. I wish I knew which major EPs the majority of players actually have.

All off-topic...LOL...Methinks I need to sleep.

Glad you got M&G and do enjoy the lot. Thanks for your kind words my friend.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 10:43 PM
I'm not Christian but this is havenistic and realistic thank you so much for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 6:35 AM
Well...methinks many a non-Christian may wander into the Sistine Chapel simply to enjoy the artistry! So, why not your Simmies too! Thank you for the compliment purexevil666.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 5:54 PM
What an absolute artist you are. This in extraordinary - incredible - I downloaded it and it is beautiful in the game. Easily loaded and everything in tact. Thank you so much for this wonderful piece of art.
Page 1 of 2