Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 5151 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 7:16 PM
Visa Level 4
How exactly do you get to visa level 4? The travel screen has five durations for each world - Level 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4. I've seen info about and screencaps of people having level 4 but I've never been able to get it in game. The adventure journal only has spots for levels 1-3, the buying vacation homes is at level 3, and any opportunities I get after reaching level 3 in a vacation world only gives my adventure coins - no more visa points.

I've had visa level three in all worlds plus the Certificate of Partnership for those worlds plus vacation homes in those worlds - I've never seen an option for level 4 visa. Is this something that EA started to implement and then changed their mind? Do you have to be (or married to) a foreign sim? What?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 9:15 PM
I have the game, and you must have a glitch. There is no Visa Level 4.

"I love you, but I've had too many meatballs!"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 10:21 PM
Hopefully the attached picture can help explain what I'm meaning a little better. Sim has visa level 3 in China but the Trip Planner says there's a level after that I can still obtain (and before anything's mentioned about the trip length - I get the exact same result without Shimrod's mod, only fewer days and higher prices).
Screenshots
transmogrified
staff: retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 10:30 PM
It would appear you have a mod installed affecting visa levels as well as lengths of stay. I would consult the mod's description to see if it provides an answer to your question.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 10:51 PM
I just pulled my entire mods folder out, cleared the caches, and restarted the game - same result, different lengths and cost.
Screenshots
transmogrified
staff: retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 1:56 AM
In your second picture, from the unmodded game, it looks like your Level-3 Sim can now take the longest vacation, 12 days. Is that not the case?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 2:56 AM Last edited by LunyKimberly : 10th Nov 2010 at 3:30 AM.
When I posted that picture, I would have said 100% that no they couldn't - that the slider refused to go any further than the 10 days it's stopped at. But I just went back in the game to double-check before I posted and the slider did indeed go all the way to 12 days. Sent the sim on vacation and the travel length also shows as 12 days. ::sighs:: I'll start checking my mods again and see what's causing the problem. Thank you.

edit: Found the problem. Shimrod's 3Month travel mod had an extra number in one of the tuning files - took it out and everything works fine.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 1:01 AM
Hey, I know it's a bit late, but you have to talk to the adventure coins guy (he shows up in i think it's a purple circle on your map), where you can trade adventure coins for tomb unlockers, skeleton keys etc. He sells a "certificate of partnership with (location)" which extends travel time to the max.

Section jump