Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Coffee-Flavored Coffee (a.k.a., Hot Beverages for Traditionalists)

by Ambular Posted 17th Nov 2010 at 10:24 PM - Updated 20th Sep 2012 at 12:41 AM by Ambular

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 10:45 PM
Awesome mod, love the title as well (Denis Leary reference FTW!)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 10:47 PM
Thanks for adding Tea <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 12:42 AM
Finally my sims can drink normal coffee!!! They've been missing it from the sims 2! =P
Thank you so much for this wonderful mod! =D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 12:48 AM
THANK YOU! It shouldn't matter and I've learned to live with my Sims drinking these ridiculous drinks like double soy chocolate latte with strawberry cream, but I really just want them to be able to drink just plain flippin black coffee!

Now if we could just have a coffee maker that looks like a coffee maker and not something from a 60s sci fi movie.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 1:26 AM
I love you X____x
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 3:29 AM
Wonderful, I wanted to make a coffee-addicted sim a while back but... well, all those wierd drinks just didn't work for me. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 12:01 PM
This is great, thank you!
I think Denis Leary would've had a fit if he'd seen all the "coffee" EA set us up with :p
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 7:51 PM
What a wonderful idea. Being of more mature years I love a good old cup of tea! Thank you so much. :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 8:24 PM
thanks , not sure why they did all that fancy stuff and all it does is give you a same buzz and bad down in the end .. gee I make better coffee at home then that lol. Ied rather have your mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 10:11 PM
I see teas! You have my download
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 7:17 AM
I love tea, and now my sims could drink it too.

thank you very much
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 3:14 PM
Omg. You're the best! This makes more sense for my Sim family, what with mom and dad having a cup before work and all. <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:17 AM
Hello this something I wanted for a long time

My game is in Portuguese, so I can´t really enjoy you work and I really wanted to.
I translated what I saw in the picture.
Do you think you could add a translation to your mod, so that portuguese Sims could drink plain black coffee?

Drink coffee - Bebe Café
Serve Hot beverages - Serve Bebidas quentes
Try something else - Experimenta outra coisa
Tea with milk - Chá com leite
Tea with honey - Chá com mel
Tea - Chá
Darjeeling Tea - Chá Darjeeling
White tea - Chá branco
French roast coffee - Café torrado francês
Coffee with sugar - Café com açúcar
Coffee with cream - Café com natas
Tea with milk and sugar - Chá com leite e açúcar
Breakfast blend Coffee - Café descafeinado
Light roast coffee - Café mistura suave
Hot Chocolate with marshmallows - Chocolate quente

If you could add this, you'd make me very happy.
Thank you in advance.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 6:41 PM
Awesome mod. I can't stand those ridiculous default drinks, and I'm 15. You don't have to be a dinosaur to love this mod!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 3:01 PM
Hello. Whould you please answer, if you could add the portuguese translation to your mod?
Thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aliera
Hello. Whould you please answer, if you could add the portuguese translation to your mod?
Thank you.

I would be willing to do it, however, there are two problems:

1. There's more text in the mod than just what is shown in the screen shots. Those are just the items that came up randomly when I was taking the picture. I'd need to send you the complete list of words and phrases I used and get all the translations from you.

2. I'm just working with ChannTL's code. I might be able to figure out how to extract and change the text strings for the Portuguese translation, but if it turns out that I have to do anything with the XML file she used (or create a new one,) I don't know how to do that. I couldn't find it anywhere in the game files, so I'm guessing she added it herself.

Also please note that it's the holidays and I may be starting a new job soon, plus I have other Sims projects I am working on, so if I do try to do this, it may take a while.
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 4:16 PM
Thank you very much for this great mod. I gave it a try and started to translate it into German for personal use, and it turned out to be quite easy once I had figured out. (But I am not sure if I am capable to explain how it works )

So if Aliera would like to translate it into Portuguese I would willingly help you adding it to the mod.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OtosaretaTenshi
Thank you very much for this great mod. I gave it a try and started to translate it into German for personal use, and it turned out to be quite easy once I had figured out. (But I am not sure if I am capable to explain how it works )

So if Aliera would like to translate it into Portuguese I would willingly help you adding it to the mod.

I'd be more than willing to collaborate if you guys want to try it. Thanks! I guess the ball is now in Aliera's court if she is willing to do the rest of the translations.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 1:23 PM
I'm a tea drinker myself, so this is a welcome change. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 5:04 PM
Thanks for this mod I'm quite a coffee junk myself so I'm glad to see that my sims can be to.

Thumbs up, great job!
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 12:22 PM
This is a wonderful idea, but because I have a Finnish game, I still have to stick with all those really weird drinks the game has to offer.. So if you've figured out how to make translations, I'd be extremely thankful if you were willing to do one in Finnish. I, indeed, tried already to do it myself, but I didn't really know how.

I could send a list of Finnish words and phrases, if needed, if i can have the English ones.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 8:35 AM
Well, I live in India, and Darjeeling tea is made in India, so thank you very much.

Will this mod conflict with "Have Coffee With Me" mod?
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fireball82
Well, I live in India, and Darjeeling tea is made in India, so thank you very much.

Will this mod conflict with "Have Coffee With Me" mod?

You're welcome! I'm afraid it does, but if you click the link for ChannTL's mod in the initial post, there are instructions there for how to get around the conflict.
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 8:47 AM
This doesn´t work for me in my game . Whats going wrong ? Please help me
I don´t have the ani_Have Coffee with me -Mod inside
Page 1 of 3