Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gwrych Barony MANOR

by StephSim Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 2:17 PM - Updated 30th Jun 2012 at 9:21 PM by StephSim : Updating Text

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 3:10 PM
Wish I could go live there! Fantastic job as always!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 3:58 PM
Beautiful. Love it. Can't wait to use it.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 4:02 PM
amazing! I really like the master bedroom! thanks for sharing
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:26 PM
Wonderful job, my friend!!!
Beautiful as always!!!
Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 2:06 AM
Lovely as usual. So much detail!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 5:05 AM
Thanks everyone. I actually didn't expect to see this lot for a while. As it was not the first thing I uploaded! BUT...I'm glad it's available.

Malakaaz -
I think it would make a great modern home and I too would love to live there. I'd gladly trade my current home! The lot in-game definitely has a nice feel to it and is quite Sim friendly. Do enjoy it.

Deatherella -
After you do play in it for a while...let me know what you think then. Enjoy the lot.

pegasus -
Yeah the Master Bedroom is "suite"! I love how grand it is compared to the other 2 rooms (which have just the basics). With these last Gwrych lots, I wanted to use a bit more colour! But I know I will still be redecorating most of the lots to have more variety in bedding, furniture and decor. It helps to have the layout in place though.

jbeach -
Thanks...I hope you are preparing for your trip and not getting lost in all things Sims. Nonetheless...you can play with this little manor when you return. Have fun and happy Turkey Day to you and yours.

sarah -
Thanks. I've downloaded a bit of your non-lot things to see what things I could use now. The curtain recolours are great as you gave so many colours that I can always find the one that I need. Much appreciated.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:25 PM Last edited by sunni9676 : 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:37 PM.
Hi Steph - I'm incredibly fond of this lot - and not just because you used my wallpapers ....I like the floorplan and your wonderful attention to detail. Your lots are always fun to explore, just like visiting a real house. And I haven't even gotten through them all yet. I'm savoring each one like candies!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 4:29 PM
Thanks sunni. I'm touched (probably in more ways than one).

In spite of your disclaimer, the walls and floors added so much to the lot's interior and overall layout. The walls in the stairwell and parlour unite the space and make it seem larger. I absolutely love looking downstairs from the upstairs landing. So...I won't let you downplay the walls.

But...I also really appreciate the compliment as well. Let's just call it a good marriage of lot design and textures!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 3:03 PM
Educational, inspirational, motivational, creational, and imaginational!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 10:04 PM
Cute! Thanks Tricia. I appreciate the feedback.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 4:25 PM
I love this...it's the kind of house I'd give anything to live in myself!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 5:43 PM Last edited by StephSim : 24th Nov 2011 at 9:34 AM.
Thanks ladyangel!
I'm sure the inspiration house is "somewhere" in the UK. I saw this house and thought it would make a great addition to Gwrych. Of course, since I can't find the source site for the inspiration, I couldn't get a glimpse of the interior. But, I love the way the house turned out none-the-less! Enjoy the manor!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 10:05 AM
how do you get servants? that'd be the icing on the cake!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 1:11 PM
Hi rockergal,

There is a dishwasher in the kitchen by Sophie-David that pretty much allows for your Sims to have a live-in servant. The dishwasher is in invisible mode, but it is tucked away beneath the first counter to the left (the one below the shelves that have the 2 grain sacks) as you enter the kitchen from the dining room. That counter has a water bucket beneath it with dirty dishes in it. Your NPC Dishwasher is there.

Once you start having things for your Simmy to do, the NPC will walk about the lot picking up after your Sim. Over time, if you choose to engage in conversations with your NPC, he/she will pretty much become a member of the household, but you will have to discover exactly how it works on your own as this is a newer upload and right now, I'm in the building phase. Besides, I think it will be fun to explore not only what the NPC will do, but also see how playable the lot will be for yourself.

Do enjoy the download!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd May 2011 at 8:32 AM
this house is soo beautiful... u did and excellent job!! amazing!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 6:22 AM
rissk
A belated thank you for your comment. I truly appreciate it.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 4:03 AM
Hi Steph,

This lot is lovely! Thank you for offering it to us. I have one question, though: I have all of the expansion packs except for Bon Voyage. If I download this and run the Clean Installer on it, do you know if I'll be able to clear only the Bon Voyage items without the beautiful custom content?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 9:34 AM
Hi HaunterMooneyes.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been a bit preoccupied with life and uploading!

I wouldn't advise doing that at all.

Running the Clean Installer is moreso about the CC I added to the lot. It will simply remove the CC really and I couldn't begin to tell you what objects may have been created using Bon Voyage. I really didn't include Bon Voyage to use CC, but because there are many Bon Voyage items I wanted to use for this lot and this lot was designed mainly as a Vacation home to go in a Vacation neighborhood... which requires Bon Voyage.

But, you will need Bon Voyage for this lot. Unlike the Stuff Packs, The required EPs are necessary. Having Bon Voyage is not really about the CC at all, but moreso about the lot loading properly because Bon Voyage was used to create it. The lot basically has a Bon Voyage imprint, especially since I used Bon Voyage (Maxis/EA) items to create the lot (including trees and furnishings that are part of Bon Voyage).

Sorry, I can't be more help with this. Hopefully, you will be able to get BV eventually.

~*~Stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 2:13 AM
Wonerful.. but?
Quote: Originally posted by StephSim
Hi HaunterMooneyes.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been a bit preoccupied with life and uploading!

I wouldn't advise doing that at all.

Running the Clean Installer is moreso about the CC I added to the lot. It will simply remove the CC really and I couldn't begin to tell you what objects may have been created using Bon Voyage. I really didn't include Bon Voyage to use CC, but because there are many Bon Voyage items I wanted to use for this lot and this lot was designed mainly as a Vacation home to go in a Vacation neighborhood... which requires Bon Voyage.

But, you will need Bon Voyage for this lot. Unlike the Stuff Packs, The required EPs are necessary. Having Bon Voyage is not really about the CC at all, but moreso about the lot loading properly because Bon Voyage was used to create it. The lot basically has a Bon Voyage imprint, especially since I used Bon Voyage (Maxis/EA) items to create the lot (including trees and furnishings that are part of Bon Voyage).

Sorry, I can't be more help with this. Hopefully, you will be able to get BV eventually.

~*~Stephanie~*~

OMG IT IS SOOO AWSOME.. Especially my personal servent who apparently like starting at my wash bucket xD Well thanks sooo much!! It looks great with some of my simsinparis beds.. but you still didnt take the light blue candle out.. and some of the furntiures would showed up blue.. but anyway marvelous!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 8:44 PM Last edited by StephSim : 30th Jun 2012 at 9:29 PM.
Thanks kaylaroo.

When you build a lot using Any Game Starter, it does not remove items from Holiday Stuff. Unfortunately, I tend to use the holiday candle without thinking about it. So, that will indeed flash as blue when you enter the game. However, I shall edit the lot and remove the candle (replacing it with another in the lot). No biggie. Thanks for letting me know!

At any rate, I am glad you are enjoying the lot! It's amongst my favourites.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ETA: The lot has been updated and the "blue" candle removed and replaced.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 12:52 AM
I just wanted to say that I'm a loyal follower from your Gwrych project ever since I found it. Been keeping track of each and every single download. The Barony is also a very interesting project Hope to see the next piece anytime soon!

Great job on it all :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:57 PM Last edited by StephSim : 16th Feb 2013 at 3:33 PM.
Thank you ChibiChii!

Recently (December 2012), I had a major computer file lost (while transferring organized files no doubt). I'm rebuilding my Sims 2 downloads at the moment (as creating lots without having organized files is not something I'm good at). However, you will find my Gwrych related downloads and updates HERE at Plumbbob Keep.

Once you register and log-in, just click:
HERE for StephSim's Medieval Downloads Table of Contents.

There are a few other lots you may not have yet (especially community ones). And, in a few months...I should be organized enough to get back to building!

Do enjoy the lot BTW!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 11:06 PM
Thank You!