Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moveable Solid & Glass Shelves with Upright Pieces for LN patched games

by orangemittens Posted 2nd Dec 2010 at 5:35 PM - Updated 3rd Dec 2010 at 11:33 PM by whiterider

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 1:06 AM
Awesome! This is really cool, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 2:30 AM
These are great - thanks for sharing! So then, does this mean that with these (because they will move up and down the wall), that this is the only set we should need now?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 11:55 AM
It should be these are the only ones you'll need with one caveat. If it is vital to you to be able to slide the shelves around the floor when you have the ALT cheat code on then the other set is going to work better for you. If you're satisfied with moving them at half-tile intervals this set is clearly superior because it requires only a single shelf to get whatever shelving arrangement you want.

So far, it has not been possible for anyone to make an item that slides up and down walls while retaining the ability to glide around the floor when ALT is pressed. These shelves are no different. If someone figures that out I'll update the shelves again
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 5:56 AM
Well its good enough for me - thanks for the info!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 10:37 PM
This is so great, thanks! :O)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 12:04 AM
YAY! I was already using the small shiftable shelf available at Custom Sims 3 but I was dying to get a full set of mix and match shelvings to be able to create whatever design I need! Thank you orangemittens and also thanks for putting in glass versions *happy*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 8:01 AM
Fantastic! Thanks a million
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 6:01 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 1st Feb 2011 at 6:11 PM.
I'm sorry to say but these have to be the most frustrating things I have ever tried to place. They never snap to the wall I want them to snap to. Each other, sure. One tile away, of course. If I try to place them more than that then they start turning and attaching to the wrong sides of walls (ie in other rooms) and I cannot get them to place properly or turn. So, I tried deleting the wall, placing them, and then replacing...nope, cannot intersect object. I want to love these but they seem to be too much of a pain in the arse.

Let me clarify: I love being able to slide them up and down. However, if I want a shelf that is close to a wall corner it can't be there AND be against the wall. Here is a picture:

The red lines are how I want the shelves positioned on the wall. However, the blue line is where the right shelf actually goes because of the way the upright piece is positioned on the tile. It is positioned on the left side. To get the shelf against the wall, I have to turn it to face backwards which places it away from the wall. I hope that makes sense?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 5:16 PM
These are great. Thank you so much for sharing them.

I do have one question that is sort of off-topic. Where did you get that GORGEOUS painting that is part of the glass shelf grouping? Thank you!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 11:24 PM
I made all the paintings shown in these pictures. They're available at my site Indigo here:

http://jaue.com/indigo/indigo-home.html

Glad you like the shelves and painting
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
I made all the paintings shown in these pictures. They're available at my site Indigo here:

http://jaue.com/indigo/indigo-home.html

Glad you like the shelves and painting

You're brilliant! And thank you so very much for answering. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying the shelves. They're holding all my tomb loot! Thanks, again, for sharing your talent!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 2:50 PM
Are these compatible with the pets patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 5:37 PM
Thanks for this, it worked really fine!