Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Curtain Height Adjustment

by granthes Posted 2nd Dec 2010 at 5:39 PM - Updated 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:18 PM by granthes

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 6:18 PM
This is much needed. Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 6:36 PM
This is gonna come in REAL handy! Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 6:42 PM
Thank you for making this, it will help me loads when designing houses! Wish I could do this king off stuff or better still design some more curtains lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 6:47 PM
Thank you!Thank you!

The size is so much smaller than Gelydh's Default Replacements for Shiftable Mirrors. Would it be possible to do this with mirrors and wall lights, please?
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 8:38 PM
Thanks! I hated having the curtains only fit certain windows.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 9:27 PM
You can't adjust the height of mirrors either. I don't typically feel the need to adjust them in the bathroom, but over a fireplace or dresser...that's another story. Great curtain mod though.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Antira
Thank you!Thank you!

The size is so much smaller than Gelydh's Default Replacements for Shiftable Mirrors. Would it be possible to do this with mirrors and wall lights, please?

This is simply not true. I'm comparing the file sizes side by side, right now, and even though size doesn't actually matter, the largest of all the files (Every Single one of Gelydh's shiftables, and each one from this set), and the largest file is one from this set. And Gelydh already did shiftable wall lights as well.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 12:59 AM
Yippie! I wish EA would have just made everything that snaps to a wall ajustable, but this is a great alternative. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 3:50 AM
Thank you so much!!
I can't wait for the tutorial!
:D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 1:23 PM
OMG thanks a lot!!! this is just great.
we need more mods like this one, i wish we could adjust the height for the windows too i hate it when the base of the window is touching the kitchen counters!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 1:44 PM
AWESOME thank you thank you thank you xD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 5:45 PM
I love you.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 7:12 PM
This is the second object mod I've added to my game since I took out my old package folder for the last patch. (The first was the one that lets me add the apartment mailboxes.) I absolutely love this. I was excited to see that the eyedropper let me copy the height as well as the texture for a new curtain. Really great job! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 1:20 AM
Thank You! I was so disappointed that the curtains weren't adjustable.
The other one
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 6:39 AM
Urgh! I'm completely torn. I can't decide if I love this more or 'Curtains! Stop Snapping to that Wall!!' which one do I choose?!

Quick question (I'm not sure how these mods work): If I use this mod to adjust some curtains in a house I make for upload would whoever downloads it also have to have this mod installed for the curtains to stay at the adjusted height?

PS Thank-you so much for this
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 10:32 PM
Such a useful and needed mod. Thank you so much! :O)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 4:48 AM
Yet another useful and needed mod from you! Thank you very much! Unfortunately, I can't have both this and the other curtain mod, but I have a feeling I'll use this one more often, so I'll dump the other and put this one in. Thanks, yet again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 3:56 PM
Now, this is a good idea. Thank you! I too can't wait for the tutorial. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Urgh! I'm completely torn. I can't decide if I love this more or 'Curtains! Stop Snapping to that Wall!!' which one do I choose?!

I feel the same! I hate it that the curtains snap so close to the windows, but this is so good too.. Any chance of combining the two somehow??
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stephgod
I feel the same! I hate it that the curtains snap so close to the windows, but this is so good too.. Any chance of combining the two somehow??

I am working on a non-default mod that combines both features.. Expect something in about a week. (I'm currently in finals week at school)

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Scholar
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 9:23 AM
Very useful
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 10:37 PM
It's not working :(
This is not working for me. I installed the Late Night package because that is the most recent EP I have iinstalled. I am trying to move the curtains just like wall pictures by holding the mouse button down. Either the curtain flips around when I do this or nothing happens at all. I am very disappointed as I have been frustrated with finding the right curtains for the right windows.

No, I do not have the curtains snapping to the wall mod.

BREAKING NEWS! Toilet stolen from police station. The cops have nothing to go on.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#24 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 12:46 AM
airway - the files are not cumulative, they each contain only the curtains for the EP the file lists. Which means you have to have each file that corresponds to each of your EPs. So you need base for sure, and AMB and/or WA depending if you have those EPs.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
airway - the files are not cumulative, they each contain only the curtains for the EP the file lists. Which means you have to have each file that corresponds to each of your EPs. So you need base for sure, and AMB and/or WA depending if you have those EPs.

Ahh.. thank you! I misunderstood the instructions. I only installed the package for Late Night. I'll install the others and hopefully that will fix my problem.

BREAKING NEWS! Toilet stolen from police station. The cops have nothing to go on.
Page 1 of 3