Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 1:35 PM
Default Changing size of existing world?
So I made an AWESOME fantastic world in CAW...and then I bought late night.

Now I need to make some sort of extension to my island so I can put in Late Night stuff .

I should have foreseen this but I didnt so is there any way to edit the size of my map?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 1:48 PM
Unfortunately I think the only real way to do that is to reuse your heightmap and terrain overlays on a new world (you'll have to resize the heightmap and possibly the terrain stuff too). I don't think you can just tack on a new piece of world, or resize an existing one.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 2:54 AM
So this got me to thinking, and I've never tried this, but what if you hit the "Import Height Map" button, and chose a larger map. Even if it worked, you would have to redo all the sculpting. Make sure you try this on a backup copy though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
So this got me to thinking, and I've never tried this, but what if you hit the "Import Height Map" button, and chose a larger map. Even if it worked, you would have to redo all the sculpting. Make sure you try this on a backup copy though.

I'm not sure. I spent hours and hours, over 24, working on this all up so I kinda screwed myself over.

I'm actually pretty upset with Late Night's lots. I think I'll get over it, but I hate that the buildings arent community objects .

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 8:50 AM
Yes, you can import a height map. You can export your existing one, resize it to make it the size of whatever world you want to do (since the size of the height map image is what defines the size of the world) and import it into a fresh world.

You can also export the terrain painting and import it as well the same way. But trees, lots, decorations, roads, etc., would all have to be redone.