Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 7:52 PM
Default How to get the fly-over-town-animation from one world to another
I followed this guide and managed to get the China animation to work with my world. But I'd rather have the Bridgeport one or Sunset Valley antimation.

I wonder if anyone knows how to do that. I assume I have to extract some resource from one of those worlds and import it into mine, but how do I know which one?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 9:58 PM
The flyovers are just INI resources in the world file, so if you were to open up Bridgeport or Sunset in S3PE and find the INI resources, you'd soon be able to find the right one (they are text files so you can easily read them).

You would just need to export the correct INI from your chosen world and import it into your custom world.

However, it is quite easy to make your own- I did this for my custom world, and I made quite a nice little twirl around the lighthouse and then a dramatic swoop through the valley. None of the EA flyovers would suit my world.

There is a nice tutorial here which describes how to do this:
http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/...Initial_Flyover
Don't forget to backup your files before and after creating your flyover, so that you don't lose anything.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 10:48 AM
Thanks simsample, I managed to get all the flyovers except the Sunset Valley one. It's weird how Sunset Valley is the only world file in which I can't find any INI files. Is it supposed to be like that?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 12:37 PM
I'm not sure where the Sunset flyover is stored; as Sunset is the 'default' world it uses the sky and camera parameters from the basegame files. The sky ini files are easy to find but I'm not sure where the flyover is- perhaps it is in one of the build packages.
Retired
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 1:35 PM
Actually, Simsample, if you want to add absolutely any tutorials to that site as well, then go right ahead. You're welcome to. I'm hoping to build up a decent number of them, whether I do them myself in spare time, or whether people submit them (as with Pyronium and the flyovers). It's a public wiki, so despite having my stamp on it at the moment it's free game.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 3:20 PM
Thanks kiwi_tea, I will do if I get time! (I have a load I want to add to the Wiki here when I get time, too).