Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Terrenia Isles Neighborhood Maps

by StephSim Posted 15th Jan 2011 at 8:35 PM - Updated 16th Jan 2011 at 4:26 AM by StephSim

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 8:55 PM
Isn't this something!?!

I just finished telling you about mine that I'm working on, and then I see this beautiful isle!!! I wish I had seen this about a week ago!!!! LOL!

Oh well! No biggie!!!

As usual, my friend, well done!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 9:39 PM
Just what I was looking for! Thanks!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 10:48 PM
This is perfect! Just what I needed. Thanks for sharing!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 11:10 PM
Truly awesome!
Thanks a lot!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 5:18 AM
Thanks everyone and do enjoy the isles!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 6:34 PM
Great its so beutifull your pretty good at this.... no wait your a master!:D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 2:46 AM
I like this!
*shrugs*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 8:00 PM
This is perfect for my playing style. Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 4:55 AM
Nice terrain! I'll build a "hermit's house" on that island. =D Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 9:34 PM Last edited by StephSim : 21st Jan 2011 at 9:05 AM.
Thanks all!

The design is not so much a master design, but it is what I'd call simple creativity. But thanks for the compliment nonetheless. I wanted a flat, small island where I could see everything on the mainland from the small island. Hermit's island? That would be great. I'll be your lodger! That would be a neat name for a lot upload sarah. The Hermit House! Can't wait to see it! Besides, if you build it, they will download it!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 6:57 AM
Lovely Isle! Perfect for my new project as i try to come back into the sims world. =)
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 10:05 PM
Thanks so much for this!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 9:08 AM
Amaranth
Glad to be of service! Yeah...I had to step back a bit so I wouldn't lose interest altogether! But sometimes that is exactly what we must do for a while...step completely away and then slowly come back! Is this a sharing project?

CrimsonDice
You are most welcomed!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:09 PM
Awesome!!!!
i have a few houses and lots that needed this, thanks your work is awesome!!! :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 11:50 AM
koi

Glad you find the terrains useful. Enjoy!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 12:01 AM
Very nice C: I do hope you make more neighborhoods that would be fantastic!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 10:58 AM
Thanks...livicouskitty! I mainly make new hoods when I need something specific for a lots I want to place on them. One of the problems with creating hoods is that Sim City 4 is not very user friendly for creating neighbood maps, unless you make them all the time. The editing features are quite primitive I'm afraid. But, I'll still use it as I have no other options.

Enjoy the maps!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 11:33 PM
Cool! This'll be the perfect vacation spot for my Sims to enjoy! Awesome job! Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to downloading it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 3:56 AM
SimBeatle,
Glad you like and you are most welcomed. Do enjoy the maps!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:52 PM
how do you made this?
I want to make an island too, but I dont now how!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 6:56 PM
Hi Kaasschaafje .

Making .sc4 maps is not a simple thing. This is not to discourage you, but to let you know that it requires a lot of patience, a bit of research and some practice to create useful terrains. It takes a bit of getting used to and the program used to create the maps has a few glitches.

To get started, you will need the game Sim City 4 in order to create a .sc4 map for The Sims 2. You will also need a few good tutorials that will help with understanding how to use Sim City 4 to create your maps and how to prepare and transfer the files to The Sims 2.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a some sort of problem directly accessing the Wiki/MTS .SC4 tutorials. But, I did manage to find a few links (including a wiki one).

http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes2...sc4terrain.html
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...r_neighbourhood
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=118117

Hope this helps a bit and good luck with your attempts.

~*~stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:49 AM
Great terrain and also it makes for a good downtown area on NL, I've had no problems (excluding the fact i put the file in the wrong place, my fault) a definite recommendation
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 11:22 PM
Thanks again spammuel. Glad you figured it all out! Enjoy the hood!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:23 PM
Love it, thank tou for sharing.
Page 1 of 2