Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bog Off, Bobby: No/Reduced Curfew for Teens and Children (Updated 28/10/11)

by Nysha Posted 24th Jan 2011 at 9:40 PM - Updated 2nd May 2013 at 12:09 AM by whiterider

164 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 7
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 10:40 PM
Quote:
This mod doesn't technically remove the curfew - it just makes the curfew 24h-0h. This means that your sims will still get the automatic "go home" interaction; however, it can now be cancelled, and the police won't have time to turn up.

Are you sure this is needed? I think I was able for my (now obsolete) No Curfew Police mod, to set the time to something weird like 25h to -1h so the curfew period never starts.

I might be wrong, though.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 10:51 PM
Hmm - I thought about making it even more watertight, but then I saw the warnings in the xml comments about values having to be greater/smaller relative to each other so decided against it. I didn't think of using negatives though - I will have a look and try it, thankyou.

I considered linking to your mod as a "point of interest" sort of thing, but decided against it since it's not updated - but it'd be very useful in its own right were I not updated.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 10:51 PM
Actually, my mod modifies a different resources, namely the Police tuning instead of the Sim tuning for more compatibility with other mods although this way I could neither change the times nor change child behavior or remove the moodlet.

But I think I tried the 25 to -1 thing before that and it seemed to work IIRC.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 11:05 PM
Yes - I realised why yours was done differently, but it was the autonomous going home that bugged me, so I decided to nuke it and sacrifice the better compatibility.

I've tried and tested, and yes, that method works. I've used 26 and -1 so that the warning message doesn't appear - it triggers one hour before the start time of the curfew - and updated the files. Thankyou, it's much neater now.

I've also now read (and typed) the word "curfew" so many times that it looks like gibberish to me.

Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 11:03 PM Last edited by ChrisOldfield : 25th Jan 2011 at 3:40 PM. Reason: typo
Here's a concept, but I doubt it could be done. LINE OF SIGHT curfew. Before you can be busted for curfew a cop must first see you. ie. If you are in the park, the cop must be close to the park to bust you. If you are on the roof of the aquarius, the cop must first be within line of sight, not on the sidewalk below, but within the nightclub. But not just in the building since you cannot see the roof from the ground floor, but within the vip section and actually on the roof itself where he can logically see you. Otherwise he does not know you are there, and cannot bust you.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 11:11 PM
Oh man, that would be excellent. Non-psychic police - this reminds me of that excellent Oblivion don't-get-busted-for-stealing-shit-when-there's-nobody-alive-for-miles-around mod. Sadly, it's beyond my capabilities.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Oh man, that would be excellent. Non-psychic police - this reminds me of that excellent Oblivion don't-get-busted-for-stealing-shit-when-there's-nobody-alive-for-miles-around mod. Sadly, it's beyond my capabilities.

Woohoo. Oblivion, yeah that always bugged me in-game. I'm sitting there like...
"How the f*** do they always know where my kids are?? Stalkers!"
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 1:56 AM
do you know if this is compatible with NRaas mods?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 2:12 AM
Well, I don't know if it's compatible with all NRaas mods, but it is with the bigger ones - MasterController, StoryProgression, Overwatch etc. I have a load of his stuff installed, and no conflicts.

If there is a conflict, nothing terrible will happen - either his mod or my mod won't work properly until you delete one (probably his). If you do discover any conflicts, please let me know so I can forewarn others.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 4:11 PM
That was what I just needed for some of my worlds! (I mean, in a city of mine kids are responsible enough to wander around on their own!)
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 7:47 PM
Hi,
I need this mod. Had the whole got busted ordeal twice while playing last night, so this would be great. Have a question tho...you mention in the overview that this file deals with routing. I use AD85's routing improvement mod which I like as well. Would it be safe to assume these two mods would conflict? Is there any way around that perhaps...?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 1:00 AM
thank you. I was in need of an updated no curfew mod
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 1:43 AM
I've just checked, meecha3, and this mod is compatible with AD85's - his mod affects a completely different routing xml resource.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 3:27 AM
Awesome! Thanks! Just what I wanted!
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 12:40 PM
I would love to have this, but is it compatible with Buzzler's WA dig site hotfix?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 1:44 PM
Yes, it's compatible. The dig site fix is a script mod, not a tuning mod - this can only conflict with tuning mods.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 11:49 PM
thanks so much for your prompt answers! Off to dl
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
I've just checked, meecha3, and this mod is compatible with AD85's - his mod affects a completely different routing xml resource.

Thank you Whiterider for the info and response!
Banned
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 8:41 PM
Aww i have version 6.1 i cant download TT_TT
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 9:13 PM
Yes, you can - version 6.1 = 1.18. Hover over the basgame icon in the Launcher to check your version, not the LN icon.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 12:45 PM
Aha... Thank you whiterider and Jonha, I made a similar mod for myself, and wanted to disable teen curfew, but I didn't think about tuning negative values either... ended up going with 11pm to 12am so thanks :D

On the subject of "non psychic police" although it doesn't actually fix the issue, I find a good way to make it less obvious that they are psychic is to tune the "chance of getting caught" to 10% it at least gives your Sim's a fighting chance.

Can I just ask, how did you kill the "go home" on children? I can't find the option to kill it anywhere,
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 11:31 PM
severedsolo, is that value part of the same xml file? If so, I could easily add that to the "relaxed curfew" versions of this mod - the goal I had in mind was to remove curfew altogether, so I didn't even think of police until ChrisOldField mentioned it. Of course, it wouldn't be of much use to you, as you have your own mod, but it might be of interest to others.

I believe that the reason I was able to kill the "Go Home" action is that it is only uncancelable during the curfew period. Since the curfew ended as soon as the action was queued, it was no longer uncancelable.

Forum Resident
#24 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 1:27 AM
The chance of getting caught is actually in the Police 0x895fb6c3111a65e0 XML (which I believe is what Jonha originally modded) the value is kChanceOfPoliceSpawnAfterCurfew and is originally tuned to 80%.

That wouldn't be too bad, except the line above that is kTimeBetweenCurfewChecks which is tuned to every 30 sim minutes. As far as I can tell, the game checks every 30 minutes whether a sim can be caught, with an 80% chance at every check.

Of course that doesn't give your sim's much of a chance, as even if they manage to evade the 1st check, 30 minutes later they have an 80% chance again. This gives your Sim's a mere 4% chance of getting away for even an hour (0.2*0.2) And after an hour and a half it's less than 1%.

I don't understand why it is spread all over the place like that *shrug* I would have thought it would be easier from there point of view to have one XML for the lot, but hey ho.

Obviously if you were going to include that in the mod then having two XMLs increases the chances of conflict, but looking at the Police XML the only tunable value of note I can see (other than police spawning) is the Police Fight Modifier and the reward for catching burglars.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 3:18 PM
Question
hi,

Can you please make a mod that you do not have to care
Page 1 of 7